+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 924 : Ha*

Default Re: Chapter 924 : Ha*

"Not needing any more of these" is just an expression of being sick of something. Kaido hates that extra steps must be taken to mentally enslave a conquerer-at-heart, same as any talentless hack who hates the talented.

I would like if Kaido don't have conqueror. Proving you don't need it to succeed.

That's just it: it's already been established that he has worked very hard in not needing haki for conquest, but all that effort is just bully-tactics and slavery. I advise seeking inspirational achievements elsewhere.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Hawkins probably got spirit-broken, him acting so loyal to Kaido after two years of navigating the NW and effectively oppising the Yonkos and now being just a puppy to master Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I would like if Kaido don't have conqueror. Proving you don't need it to succeed.
    I think its the other way around. If you are strong enough to succeed, you have the will of a conqueror.

Purely coincidence

So, very good chapter. First, I think this is a perfect opportunity for Luffy to gain 'training' through actual prison labor. I don't expect him to escape anytime soon, what I hope for is something similar to Gohan's initial development, when he was fending for himself. I don't think Luffy would really train in a similar manner himself. He might try to gain new techniques and such, just not physical training. I could be wrong, since he did do some sort of training with Ace and Sabo. I loved the 'HUH!?' reactions. I enjoyed the moment Luffy glared at Kaido and how Luffy made the grunts faint. Still enjoying how Shuutenmaru is just chilling with no fucks given about Kaido. Btw, I'm impressed with him as much as I was with Bege. I can't seem to remember anything at the top of my head.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    The next Luffy evolution will have him incorporate Elizabello's King Punch in all of his attacks, from the gomu gomu no Pistol all the way to gomu gomu Kong Organ, plus whatever other attacks Oda gives him.

Why else would Oda show us Luffy's reaction to Elizabello's punch? Obviously, Luffy won't need the "one hour preparation time", or can just use the "light version" for his more basic attacks and the "full version" for the more heavy hitting ones.

Besides, this punch is "supposed to take out a Yonko ... if it connects", right? @ least that's what Elizabello's tactician Dagama said, right?
    I lol'd, that would be something Luffy would take holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Hawkins probably got spirit-broken, him acting so loyal to Kaido after two years of navigating the NW and effectively oppising the Yonkos and now being just a puppy to master Kaido.
    It's implied that he let Law get away, so he might be plotting something.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So real talk though. Is the prisoner kawa whatever or den something?

Which powerful Wano retainer dude is it gonna be.
    Either that or one of Roger's retired crew mates that Joyboy theorized about I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I think its the other way around. If you are strong enough to succeed, you have the will of a conqueror.
    Pretty sure Ray mentioned you're born with it.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Well...he won't succeed, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler:

I've got a question/possible inconsistency.

Kaidou wants to recruit Shutenmaru into his crew, as stated a couple of chapters ago. In this chapter, it's shown that he's willing to capture people and force them to join him. So why hasn't he done the same thing to Shutenmaru? It's not like Shuten escaped like Law did, he was standing right out in the open, right in front of Kaidou.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Kaido is gonna have conquerors haki to knock out conquerors. Luffy is gonna follow in ace's footsteps and Kaido will be his new captain because he's the father he never knew.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post

Kaidou wants to recruit Shutenmaru into his crew, as stated a couple of chapters ago. In this chapter, it's shown that he's willing to capture people and force them to join him. So why hasn't he done the same thing to Shutenmaru? It's not like Shuten escaped like Law did, he was standing right out in the open, right in front of Kaidou.
    The Beasts Pirates weren't able to locate Shutenmaru until Jack found him. Then Kaido lost interest in doing work after Luffy made him sober. And Jack was held up by caretakers so he probably lost track of him.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The Beasts Pirates weren't able to locate Shutenmaru until Jack found him. Then Kaido lost interest in doing work after Luffy made him sober
    That's still a bit hard for me to accept since they're only like 30 feet away from each other (on page 7 for both JB and MS), but I gueeeeess that sort of makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Pretty sure Ray mentioned you're born with it.
    Yeah, but I'm saying its more accurate to say that you were born with the potential for greatness and this power manifests because of that, not that you achieve greatness because you were born with this power.

Its a bit of a chicken/egg scenario.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Well...he won't succeed, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think we are supposed to consider the emperors to be great figures of this world. They are part of the world order after all.

He won't be the most successful (Luffy was basically born and bred with every shonen advantage to win) but he among the most important leaders.

It's not like Shuten escaped like Law did, he was standing right out in the open, right in front of Kaidou.
    Yeah, but he was drunk and acting playful. If he hadn't been distracted by Hawkins, its possible he would have eventually gotten tired and captured Shutenmaru.

Purely coincidence

He was distracted by Luffy attack. And I expect that the one in the cage is the one we see fighting with Shuten in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Yeah, but I'm saying its more accurate to say that you were born with the potential for greatness and this power manifests because of that, not that you achieve greatness because you were born with this power.

Its a bit of a chicken/egg scenario.
    That you don't have to be born with that potential and you can just work and achieve as much without it is what I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You're assuming Fujitora and Ryokugyu should know if Vegapunk was missing, which doesn't have to be the case. Needlessly snide, much? ^^;

Not to mention condescending.

What if Vegapunk went on an excursion alone and left his robot clone or something? Then messed up bad and got jailed? What if there's more background with him and Kaido than we're aware of?

And who says it has to be a stealthy operation. Might have happened only after Fujitora's visit. Since our heroes left Dressrosa, Kaido has lost his onlt source of devil fruits. Maybe he thought he could do something about it? There are options.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But at least I'm not an ass.

Too many assumptions in that sentence. We don't know how long he's been there, nor do we know if any of those guards ever saw him up close.
    I’m not assuming that the guard literally says he also doesn’t know what’s in the cage. The one guard who call the other guard a newbie says himself that he doesn’t know what’s in there... So what do you think that mean

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    As far as we know, Urouge could have it too, for example. Considering how he barged into BM's territory, beat the shit out of one of the executives and still managed to escape from BM.

Wonder what's with Killer and the rest of Kid' crew, btw.
    Your correct my theory is bit shotty considering that CoC is still unexplored, its hyped to be a dangerous thing yet all it does is knocked out fodder so like CoO that has a high lvl(future sight"). I assume that CoC has some high level aspect of it as well, but i also think that well explore how CoC is connected to the story thematiclly and why certain characters have it and others dont.

Uroge could have it but his character is largely unexplored yet so will see

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information