+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 923: Emperor Kaidou VS Luffy

Default Re: Chapter 923: Emperor Kaidou VS Luffy

Kaido - 1 Luffy - 0

Luffy is sleeping right now. He needs to be Awaken, if you know what I mean.

Do you guys think that Curly hat Pirates will be sideline again because they are injured by Kaido? Then will be healed maybe in the middle of the war to cure and feed the injuries and civilians? I do.

Awesome Chapter! Now let us await the zoro rescue party! =DDDD

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Luffy did decent until Kaido stopped playing. Using gear 4th on an unknown enemy was just freaking tho in my opinion. That form should only be use when you are sure of the pros and cons of your situation.
    Amusing you say this, as a lot of people were whining last week that Luffy didn't start out with a Gear 4 attack when he blindsided Kaido. I feel that what he did is the appropriate compromise, where he starts with Gear 3rd, and then begins to go into the Gear 4th stuff. At the end of the day, for him to not use it during his clash against a Yonko of all people would be pretty off-putting. We don't need a rehash of the Cracker fight, where Gear 4 is used as a cliffhanger for the next chapter. Oda was wise to get it out the way, as anyone with common sense would know that Kaido's victory was absolutely guaranteed.

That's just a a bad chapter name. Say "Strawhat Luffy" or Member of the Worst Generation Luffy" or "Gokou Luffy" Or "Emperor vs Future Pirate King" Or Kaido vs Luffy". Giving Kiado a title and then saying Luffy is just bad.
    I kind of like it. It's pretty fitting seeing as how Kaido utterly looks down on him, especially with the line of mocking the kind of king Luffy will be. To Kaido, he's just Luffy, a brat who is way in over his head.

Tama isn't dead i think. Why speed still call tama as master? If tama dead or unconcious then speed must release from control of devil fruit just like sugar's situation. Probably tama just got injuried, nothing else.

Did anyone feel like there was barely any movement in the last page when kaido attacks?
    Second to last page he's on the ground. Last page he's not only back up but already swung the club. All there was were two panels of their eyes.
    Where was the club while he turned to a dragon... Might have missed it

Discovered Stowaway Sir_Drastic's Avatar

Luffy just got babyshaked!!!
    One Piece fan since '99

Looks like a lot of posters' theories are coming true. Here's one of my own: Sanji with use the suit to break in and save Luffy, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Why bother picking up a fight againt Kaidou in Punk Hazard and coming to Wano then? Why try invading Enies Lobby, Impel Down and Marineford?

All of those attempts were insane idead that Luffy did because he had someone to protect.

This time is not different. Luffy just saw his crew potentially getting exploded into nothingness by Kaido, and he was just told that Tama was hurt (or killed, in his mind), so why would you expect Luffy to act as cold as someone like Law?

We must know to discern when Luffy is being cocky and when he has a narrative reason to act recklessly.
    In all those situations Luffy behave cockily and survived mostly because of his extreme luck and his plot armor. This time won't be any different.

Except this time it seems he needs a massive power up

Luffy needs his CoA to be far stronger. He was massacred by Katakuri in CoA department even though Katakuris specialty was CoO.

I would be all into Luffy fighting Calamity that has CoA strong enough to tank G4 Boundman attacks and be okay. When he improves in CoA as much as he improved in CoO then he could be as dangerous as Katakuri or Marco.
    Of course to be on par with Katakuri and Marco he would need to awaken his devil fruit. I expect him to be as strong as them by end of Wano.

Then after Wano and taking on Big Mom it would be perfect time for 1 vs 1 with an Admiral and winning almost even fight with Kizaru(Luffy promised to beat him one day).

Maybe Luffy and Co will go to holy land next to meet Dragon as well as to pick that treasure Doflamingo spoke about. That would be great chance to fight Sentomaru, Kuma and Kizaru.
    After effects of Wano could push marines main forces further into New World, leaving Holy Land less protected than ever.

Then to Elbaf as last big pre-Raftel stop.

Luffy just got too confident and thought he'd be able to end the hunting, and avoid the long, detail planning by KO ing kaidou. Also, emotion defeated him, assuming his friends and Tama were in really bad shape, and act without much thinking.This'll give him lesson to not be overconfident. Kaidou is yonkou, it's impossible for him to finish, the one who would probably be, the strongest yonkou in one single occasion.

Kaidou tanking everything Luffy could throw at him and then wrecking his proverbial sh!t wasn't particularly surprising. I love him to death, but Luffy's been acting just a LITTLE bit too cocky ever since defeating Katakuri, and I think he was due a "You're not top dog around here, brat!" reality check. The uncertain fate of the group back at Oden Castle and finding out that something happened to Tama definitely pushed him to recklessness, but still...

Speaking of Tama, I have no doubt she'll be alright. Even setting aside my doubts that Oda would flat out murder a child character (particularly one who's bonded with Luffy), the simple fact that Speed still seems loyal to her would imply that she's not dead yet. Probably in dire need of medical attention though, so here's hoping that either O-kiku/Kinemon or the Swirlyhats (in their inevitable escape) stumble across her and get O-tama into Chopper's care ASAP.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    ... I love him to death, but Luffy's been acting just a LITTLE bit too cocky ever since defeating Katakuri, ...
    Does anyone else think, this might has to do something with the cursed blade he is wearing? Perhaps the blade has some influence over him.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetspot42 View Post
    Does anyone else think, this might has to do something with the cursed blade he is wearing? Perhaps the blade has some influence over him.
    He's been acting like this before he even got the blade.

I don't see much of a change in Luffy; after the timeskip he's pretty much completely disregarded the "Don't Fight Pointless Battles!" lesson he learned from Shanks/Ace/At Jaya/At Sabaody.

Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs View Post
    Looks like a lot of posters' theories are coming true. Here's one of my own: Sanji with use the suit to break in and save Luffy, et al.
    I want him to use suit to overpower X Drake or to fight with a Calamity together with someone like Jinbe.

Or I want him to use what I thought as my old theory - becoming big and muscular with use of Life Return. So slow, very strong and bit ugly(square jaw could look funny with super suit from Germa).

Time to Garp train Luffy how to punch.

This felt like 1st Bane vs. Batman fight from the Dark Knight Rises: "You fight like a young man with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken"

Quote Originally Posted by sweetspot42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    He's been acting like this before he even got the blade.
    What Blissed said. Prime example would be his response to the mooks who attacked him on the beach when he first arrived.

I think it's just the natural result of his massive jump in CoO proficiency. He's now at a level where lower tier underlings, and even some upper ones, literally can't touch him anymore, and I think that's making him just a bit overconfident.

Quote Originally Posted by genkik View Post
    Tama isn't dead i think. Why speed still call tama as master? If tama dead or unconcious then speed must release from control of devil fruit just like sugar's situation. Probably tama just got injuried, nothing else.
    Why would Speed come back without her then, though. Seems to me that Speed at least believes Tama is dead. And her devil fruit ability might have a time duration which doesn't depend on whether user is alive or dead.

Okay, this was a fun chapter. I only wish Jack and Hawkins weren't so absent after reacting that much in previous chapter.

And that fighting Kaido was made less of a Luffy's choice and more being forced upon him. Of course, one could reason that there was hardly a chance for them to just run away freely. Even so, I'm undecided. Because Luffy being Luffy is what got him so far in the first place. Going head first, taking a harder route, experiencing opponents' power on his own body. Thanks to this he'll know exactly how big the difference is and how stronger he needs to get.

Also, I like the idea that Lufy saw what's going to happen with Observation but couldn't do anything about it.

I'd sure like to see how Kaido's skin would handle Zoro's slashes. Would the swords just bend and bounce or would they break. Doubt they'd leave even shallow scratches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Why would Speed come back without her then, though. Seems to me that Speed at least believes Tama is dead. And her devil fruit ability might have a time duration which doesn't depend on whether user is alive or dead.
    It's entirely possible that Kaidou carried her back, particularly given how injured Speed appears to be and the suggestion that Kaidou had been informed of her "defection". She may not have had a choice in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information