+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 395 "Ohara vs. the World Government" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    You know why breaks make me cry?

Becuase that sucky part when we've done all the talking we possibly can about the most recent chapter and are just babbling about utter bullshit and it's so boring it makes me want to gouge my eyes out lasts so much longer.
    its at this point that you start with some other series

Quote Originally Posted by Kidany
    Yeah we're all just talking about how many PAGES there are total, it's obvious we need to get our One Piece.
    Yes we really do. If next week for some reason there won´t be a new chapter I promise I´m going to count and sum up the pages of all 395 chapters. XD

BTW, I just realized that there´s thing about this chapter that I completely forgot to ask and about which I haven´t seen any mention in here. So just for the sake of getting back on topic somehow I´ll ask it now. When Spandain talks about Sengoku what rank does he name, is it Gensui (Chief Admiral) or Taishou (Admiral)?

I would really like to know that. Could anyone who understands japanese help me out with this little info? :molly:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas
    Yes we really do. If next week for some reason there won´t be a new chapter I promise I´m going to count and sum up the pages of all 395 chapters. XD

BTW, I just realized that there´s thing about this chapter that I completely forgot to ask and about which I haven´t seen any mention in here. So just for the sake of getting back on topic somehow I´ll ask it now. When Spandain talks about Sengoku what rank does he name, is it Gensui (Chief Admiral) or Taishou (Admiral)?

I would really like to know that. Could anyone who understands japanese help me out with this little info? :molly:
    "Taishou", or admiral.

Avatar and signature made by GirlGamer.
    Signature translation by NULL.

Thanks for the info Selphish. =) So Sengoku held the rank Aokiji holds nowadays. Hmm...interesting... :hmm:

Could it be that he did something in this whole Ohara incedent that resulted in a promation?

And if my theory holds true that the admirals are part of the three powers, and they all have animal titles. Then Sengoku must've had another title back in his Admiral days.

Defeating Sauro, who was a D., probably. Also, capturing/killing Olivia who clearly the government REALLY wanted to catch/kill would have been a big promotion grabber.

Can someone refresh my memory and remind me who Sengoku is? Was he mentioned before the flashback chapters?

Avatar and signature made by GirlGamer.
    Signature translation by NULL.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphish
    Can someone refresh my memory and remind me who Sengoku is? Was he mentioned before the flashback chapters?
    He is the the head of the marines. He appeared at the meeting with Tsuru, Donflamingo, Kuma, lafiatte and Mihawk.

He's the Gorousei now, the one that called the meeting about replacing Crocodile. The one where they issued Luffy's and Zoro's bounties.

Edit:Nvm, Octogon got to it before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon

And if my theory holds true that the admirals are part of the three powers, and they all have animal titles. Then Sengoku must've had another title back in his Admiral days.

You meant Vice-Admiral days, right?

Well that´s what I thought too. But then again, this entire Three Powers thing might have been developed later on when the Pirate Age began to become a large thorn in the eye of the WG. I doubt that this is something that existed for generations. I at least think that the Shichibukai we know right now, are the very first ones of their kind.

And if the Three Admirals are truly a one of the Three Powers, then Aokiji and the other two are probably also the first ones of their kind. Just my opinion on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas
    You meant Vice-Admiral days, right?
    No, I meant Admiral. Since he is now chief-Admiral and Spandian called him Admiral.

Well that´s what I thought too. But then again, this entire Three Powers thing might have been developed later on when the Pirate Age began to become a large thorn in the eye of the WG. I doubt that this is something that existed for generations. I at least think that the Shichibukai we know right now, are the very first ones of their kind.
    I also think the schichbukai are the first of their kind. And you do bring up an interesting point. I just assumed it because it was after Rogers execution.

And if the Three Admirals are truly a one of the Three Powers, then Aokiji and the other two are probably also the first ones of their kind. Just my opinion on that matter.
    Yep. I agree with your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidany
    He's the Gorousei now...
    Nope, the Gorousei and Sengoku are two different things. This is the Gorousei and this is Chief Admiral Sengoku.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    No, I meant Admiral. Since he is now chief-Admiral and Spandian called him Admiral.
    Well, my bad then. I thought you were looking at it the same way as with Kuzan, who as Vice-Admiral has his normal name but as Admiral gets a animal name.

I also think the schichbukai are the first of their kind. And you do bring up an interesting point. I just assumed it because it was after Rogers execution.
    That´s true, but back then the Pirate Age was going on for just two years and maybe the WG was hoping for it to end shortly. In Franky´s flashback however when they talk to Spandam they are actually annoyed that this Pirate Age is going on for ten years now. That´s why they actually decided to use the power of an Ancient Weapon themselves.

I think that this sounds like the perfect where the Gorousei considered other drastic options to stop the Pirate Age. And one of them might be the option to recruit strong pirates that will work for the WG. Seems plausible to me.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

hmm..one thing I wasn't sure about..who is higher up, Gorousei or Sengoku?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat
    hmm..one thing I wasn't sure about..who is higher up, Gorousei or Sengoku?

The Gouresi are. They are called "The leaders of the world". Sengoku can't be above them because he isn't directly part of the government, more like a a branch.

but the gorusei ordered to kill clover was a different one of the now in charge 5 gorusei or was one of them??
    another thing: the gorusei are the leaders of WG? they give orders to sengoku?
    last thing: when spandain talks about sengoku? for what thing?

Ps: gorusei are lost kingdom last men standing? like people who need to cover the 100 years blank?

Quote Originally Posted by - NeX -
    but the gorusei ordered to kill clover was a different one of the now in charge 5 gorusei or was one of them??
    the shadows matched the current goursei.

another thing: the gorusei are the leaders of WG? they give orders to sengoku?
    In a sense, I think they do order sengoku. But rarley is my guess.

last thing: when spandain talks about sengoku? for what thing?

Sengoku gave Spandian the golden den den mushi. So he now has the authority to launch the buster call.

thanx octogon! :D
    bla bla bla (to longer the msg)

I think this is the case...

the three powers?

1. World Government
    2. Navy
    3. Shibukai

1. world government - the politic people
    probably lead by the five gorusei
    and all the 170 something kingdom's leaders?
    2. Navy - the army
    grand admiral (now is sengoku and no idea who this was before)
    three admirals and whatever else follows
    3. shibukai - the 7

correct me if I'm wrong becaues I'm not too sure

I personally believe the gourousei are extremely powerful fighters, and that while they are 'politicians' they are also quite capable of defending themselves when they need to.

Fukurou has keroros voice! Keroro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinvisibleworm
    I personally believe the gourousei are extremely powerful fighters, and that while they are 'politicians' they are also quite capable of defending themselves when they need to.
    I think that too, especially that buddah guy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information