+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Beckons: a DnD campaign

Default Death Beckons: a DnD campaign

The tavern was silent as the grave, the day having ended and most of the patrons had gone home save for the one drunkard that lay unconscious on the bar, his face flattened against the polished oak counter. The matronly bartender chuckled as she took a rag and wiped up the spilled mead from the man's knocked over tankard still grasped in his hand. The woman tutted, putting the soiled rag into the sink to be washed later and left the man to his dreams, collecting the broom and dustpan against the wall and began to sweep up the room proper. As she cleaned, she passed by a board hanging on the wall, various papers tacked to the surface. Some seemed to be quest referrals for goblin extermination, a bugbear terrorising a local farm. However, one particular posting just said plainly

For Riches beyond Imagination, see Mavis!

The bartender glanced at the board and shook her head, the gaudy writing on the last notice seemed to sadden her as she continued to clean. Truth is, this notice had been heeded by several an adventuring group, but the fact that the notice had never been taken down meant that the quest seemed to never be fufilled. Maybe one day...

So yeah, a bit of flavor for the beginning of a campaign Ive been knocking around. I figured I'd make a post to see if anyone was interested in joining me for a fun time of DnD. Details would be discussed as for time for everyone hopefully here. Just as a point to confess, this would be my first time DMing so I apologize in advance for my ineptitude.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

A couple more things

This would be a story based campaign, but it is flexible enough so Im not in complete control. There are just a few key points that will happen however, but other than that, how we get to those points is almost entirely on the party.

It will be loosely based on 5th edition, but sort of like how the Adventure Zone does it, so no food requirements or weights restrictions. Im not real good at keeping track of that so I won't expect my players to adhere to that.

I've also added in "luck" rolls that will determine how lucky a person will be in certain situations. These are usually restricted to key moments in the story and just makes it more fair for random occurrences and situations. These would be determined by 2D6 throws. 1-
    5 is bad luck, 6-9 is moderate luck, 10-12 is great luck.

*startled Catra noises*

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Default Re: Death Beckons: a DnD campaign

Interesting. How would you plan to go about playing? Using a voice chat or all text based?

Voice chat was what I was thinking of using, most likely discord. We have plenty of text based games in mafia/survivor/BB etc, and DnD in my experience is best when people are talking to each other.

*startled Catra noises*

Before compromising to anything, what is your time zone?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

EDT, so its 5:53 am where I am now.

*startled Catra noises*

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

So, is this still on? I might buy a headset with a mic if it is...
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Oh yeah, this is still a thing, work just kinda slapped me with overtime so I had to put this aside for a bit.

I am still open to do this if anyone wants to join up

*startled Catra noises*

I might be interested, but probably wouldn't be able to start until mid January. Need to build a level 1 character based on 5e rules?

Yes to the lvl 1 character from 5e.

Also, because of how busy I am unsually, January will probably be the best time to start, but I am flexible~

*startled Catra noises*

If I don't have to be at every session, I'd love to sign up. I'm free mid-January to mid-February but after that I'll probably be more limited.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Its not mandatory to be at every one of them, so no worries. Stuff like that we can discuss once we have an idea of who wants in. Speaking of which

Intrest list
    1)Mr Hide
    2)Jabberwok
    3)RedGreenBlue
    4)No Swords Style Best Style
    5)
    6)
    7)

Anyone who is interested please say so so I can get an idea of how to frame the story. I put up 7 cause I believe that would be more than enough spots for a group. We don't even need that many, but I want to make sure everyone who is interested gets a say.
    Last edited by Shuhan; December 15th, 2018 at 03:04 PM.

*startled Catra noises*

[QUOTE = Shuhan; 3953401]
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    [/ QUOTE]

I think they need to trying before giving advise/suggesstion

My current group ends this Saturday and we won't be meeting again afterwards. Count me in.

Yeah put me in too

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

You can count me in!

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Could I join up?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information