+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Death Beckons: a DnD campaign

Default Re: Death Beckons: a DnD campaign

Great job, Shuhan! I'd like to get combat flowing a little faster but I'm sure that will come with everyone getting a little more familiar.

And for reference, my character is one Professor Engelverry Marlow, Human Ranger, currently on administrative leave from a university and looking for funding to continue his biological research.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    Speaking of names, I wrote down soooome notes. Feel free to correct or add, everyone.
    Thank you so much for sharing this! If I may add something for my guy, the spelling was meant to be Rox as a very, very stupid pun, and I mentioned something about helping his village (at least, I think I did, as I maaaaybe wasn't always on the ball lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I had the same idea but instead I decided to 'publish' what I got. :P
    That was a fantastic read

Aww, stop you're making me blush~
    Seriously though, you guys made this session a great time, thank you for putting up with my mistakes.
    Now I know for sure I need to have more lists prepped and more bushes that spawn goblins.

*startled Catra noises*

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

I thought everyone knew that goblins spawn abiogenetically from any sufficiently smelly shrubbery. Thus, the Knights of Ni's request for a shrubbery was merely a ploy to lure brave heroes into granting them a goblin horde to command.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

We on for today?

Yup. Sorry, I asked the same thing in the discord.

*startled Catra noises*

Can't wait to read Huschel's summary of the hour long owlette argument.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Rox just has trouble figuring out when battles to the death have started.

Also damn you female Ron Perlman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    Can't wait to read Huschel's summary of the hour long owlette argument.
    It gets a little hazy towards the end but I definitely covered the owl shenanigans.

Session 2 - Owl's well that ends. Well...

Spoiler:
    When last we left our heroes, they had been hot on the trail of some goods-stealing goblins. Let's see what they will do next, shall we?

Naturally, they start disturbing nature in any way imaginable. Okay, turtles climbing trees more or less for fun is not particularly offensive.
    Stumbling upon a nest of cute little owl babies and not-quite-yet owl babies is rather harmless. But proceeding to accidentally smash an egg may be somewhat questionable. And grabbing a terrified bird mourning their stillborn sibling is not something one would expect a paladin to revel in.

Airdi doesn't seem happy about it and challenges Tortuga for custody of little Edward. But apparently even magical Friendship isn't enough to
    break the hold Stockholm has over the bird which happily clings to his new father. Also, Tolrand finds a twig. While Samson quietly fosters his
    dislike for the murderous paladin, the ranger Marlow can't abide the thought of being without an animal companion any longer, so he scales the
    tree himself and grabs whatever living thing he finds up there. Surely, they're all much happier in an impromptu nest inside his backpack.
    Oh, the original nest also contains humanoid bones. Meanwhile, Rox enjoys the peaceful view from the treetops.

The trail of goblins (remember those?) proceeds to lead the group to a curtain of vines which gets quickly deposed of with fire and sharp weaponry. A short-lived fight against more goblin (and/or gnolls) follows. Which is promptly interrupted by a fight against big nasty mommy and daddy owls. Tortuga the owl whisperer attempts to sweet-talk them and miraculously succeeds. But ultimately, the two of them end up chopped to bits and burned to a crisp, respectively. Of course, the group decides to give them a proper burial, they aren't monsters.

Beyond the vines in a cave of gnolls, eventually our ragtag companions encounter an entity clad in shadows. All hell breaks loose when she
    effortlessly robs Airdi of her life force and proceeds to woman-handle the rest of the party. And it was on this day, in the middle of a dark cave, that our heroes were completely and utterly defeated. Because you know what they say:

Karma is a lich.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information