+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Default Re: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Damn, that last page is straight up badass.
    Legend of the Strongest Onani Master Kurosawa

So like 99% sure Shutenmaru is Ashura Doji at this point. Oda really hyping this guy up, considering he can fight evenly with Jack, and even taunting Jack by calling him a small fry. He must have some balls to say something like that

Yea, Oda is never taking ninjas "seriously" in this arc lmfao

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm honestly kind of...disappointed by Kaido's arrival at the end? Like, it's drawn spectacularly. But at the same time, I feel like it happened a tad too fast. We just got acquainted with Shutenmaru and Jack came back and both those guys had pretty awesome entrances. I'd have been down for 922 being entirely devoted to their fight, so we could get to know them better. No idea what Oda has in mind though for Kaido's super early entrance, so I'm still interested to see what becomes of that.

But man, did that fight + entrance distract me from most of the chapter being humorous antics, and I gotta say, Luffy's statement about Zoro not doing well at his job was absolutely hilarious.

This'll be the first chapter of Volume 92, so what a way to kick it off. We're gonna be in for a ride here

Spoiler:

Shutenmaru said he didnt die back then! So that means he relly is 99.9% Ashura Douji? Also the topknot matches

So the 9 samurais are: kinemon, kanjuro, raizo, kiku, ashura doji, kawamatsu(seems to be the missing guy from the past), denjiro, inuarashi and nekomamushi

So he really is a dragon, interesting. I am surprised that guy is giving Jack so much trouble, I thought he was going to get one shot by Jack.

no love for carrot, reiju and pudding i see. i mean, no surprise for rebecca, camie, conis, kaya, koala, and nojiko, but the first three were pretty high on the last popularity contest.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

kaido swoop down and eat law in one bite challenge: Go!!

Great moment at the end. It really creates momentum and Kaidou is a beautiful beast.

Other than that, the chapter was only good. Shutenmaru is intriguing especially because he is Ashura Douji, one the samurai that Kinnemon is looking for and the one guy mentioned last chapter in Oden's brief story... and I kinda like him right now. He is the type of guy that is not completely moral and humanitarian, but he is also someone who follows great men that inspire him into great causes, like Oden.

Why is Jack an "All-star" and not a "Calamity"? Maybe one is his status as a lord in Wano, and the other his status as a pirate in the rest of the world.

I think I am officially done with Sanji at this point. It's really starting to be too much, the heart eyes are intruding onto every single panel he's in.

Purely coincidence

You guys think Kaidou looks badass and terrifying? Just wait until he awakens his fruit and actually lose his shit

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And damn it Oda... Hancock's dress says "pirate enpress", with an n. Literally unreadable now.

Momo went dragon-form the moment he saw Kaido, can't wait to see what Oda has planned

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Just go straight for him Luffy, you can take him
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

This gonna be good

I already can see Luffy using King Kong Gun on Kaidos dragon face from one side and Kidd smashing him from other side with fist formed out of entrie Kaidou fabric..

Cool chapter.

What Sanji meant by Gallant Form ?

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I think I am officially done with Sanji at this point. It's really starting to be too much, the heart eyes are intruding onto every single panel he's in.
    So it took you 921 chapters huh? 9 hundred and twenty one fucking chapters..

Shutenmaru is a wildcard, he could be overwhelemed by Kaido and finally be made into a subordinate which might fight Zoro or will join the alliance. Very interesting.

Ok so Kaido is 100% based off Shenron with the mustache and everything.

Love the color spread, I wish that Tokyo Girl Collection would be made into a real fashion show

I loved the antics in the first half of the chapter, classic One Piece. Everything revolving around Kinemon's pervyness is well executed, much more enjoyable than Sanji's attitude

As for Kaido entering the scene... Yeah, too little, too fast. Can I say on some aspects I am underwhelmed ? I wish the chapter had focused more on Jack and Shutenmaru, and then maybe their ruckus could have drawn Kaido next chapter. I don't get why he is suddenly barging in, and in dragon form too (well I do suspect a few reasons, but the story doesn't care to detail or hint at anything. It's just, "and now comes the big bad"). It makes little sense other than for shock value and he doesn't do much but loom and be his pissy self. Compare with the Musical chapter of Big Mom, now that was fantastic.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; October 18th, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post

Ok so Kaido is 100% based off Shenron with the mustache and everything.
    Dude... just Google "eastern dragon"...

Shinobu has a kon instead of a ben/don sound effect. I found coughing for it's meaning :-)

I'm not bother by Kaidou appearance since he does not plan to involve yet and let the job to his minions. However it questions the 2 weeks plan from Kinemon. We already it was going to be long for luffy to wait that much.

I'm surprised Kinemon is surprised with Tsuru. They make a nice couple but she should have recognized Kiku or does it mean she doesn't know they leaped time

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information