+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Default Re: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    Sorry if old, but someone pointed out that Oars Jr. has a crescent mark on his feet.
    http://i.4cdn.org/a/1539934220095.jpg
    Does he? Where is it shown

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

The only weird factor here is she allowing the Marines to intercept her talk with Kaido, a detail Oda explicitly pointed out. That could be a hint she is planning something besides just getting there and killing Luffy. H
    Its really not that weird.

BM had just suffered a public "defeat" where her reputation was directly attacked and the whole world knows about it.

So ofc she doesn't care if the entire world knows. Luffy challenged and humiliated her. She will go to the ends of the earth to exact revenge and she doesn't care who gets in her way.

That's good PR for her. She gets to show the world that you don't fuck with BM and get away with it.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I like how it makes perfect sense for Kaido to come in his dragon form since he lives in an island away from the mainland of wano, so he has to fly to get there.

as per if he is a dragon that can somehow turn into a human like form or a man with a dragon fruit..i'd say the second..i know it's called a "thing" by many people and this hints at him not being human..but we already have an human-human fruit user around...maybe some mythical forms of the human human like the buddha-buddha of sengoku? it's possibile..but a chinese dragon that ate an oni fruit or something would be kinda overload XD

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

BM had just suffered a public "defeat" where her reputation was directly attacked and the whole world knows about it.

So ofc she doesn't care if the entire world knows. Luffy challenged and humiliated her. She will go to the ends of the earth to exact revenge and she doesn't care who gets in her way.

That's good PR for her. She gets to show the world that you don't fuck with BM and get away with it.
    exactly..if anything she wants their intraction to be intercepted..and kaidou clearly doesn't give a fuck about anything.

I just realized it, but now it really, really bothers me.

i think this is the third time since the timeskip where we see the strawhats listening to someone else's plan, which they'll have to carry out. Ever since the teamed up with law, it was at first him setting the plan to take down doflamingo. Then it was Bege's plot against big mom. Now's Kinemon ordering around the whole crew like he's the captain, what the hell.
    the last tiny spark of pro-active agency form the fucking main charachters i can think of is Nami deciding to save the children in Punk Hazard.
    Luffy screwing over the various plan doesn't count since it's just him doing in his own way what was ordered him to do anyway.

Not much pirate king-ly demeanor if you ask me.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

My reaction is more along the lines of the rest of the Internet, I've never been too nitpicky of a person. I thought the chapter was awesome, and the last page took it to an entirely new level, and the arc with it.

No, I wasn't expecting Kaido this early. I especially wasn't expecting a transformation of Kaido's this early, I thought we'd be waiting literal years for that and it'd be near the end of Wano. But to be honest, while One Piece is a series of patience and heavy rewards for that patience, sometimes it's nice to get these bombshells dropped early. So I'm not really worried about the technicalities of timing when I see that Kaido is a huge dragon of Chinese folklore, of course I'm going to be excited lol. The rest of the Internet's freaking out about it and I'm with them. It's not like there's anything unrealistic about Kaido appearing here. And if we somehow doesn't end up having the Wind Wind fruit, Monkey D. Dragon could still have the Western dragon model fruit, but I still think that would be a little too on the nose.

Shenron isn't our ally. We're eventually going to have to beat Shenron, in this arc. That is just so awesome. And the scary thing is, we don't even know if this is all of Kaido's forms; going by past Zoans, likely not.

Anyway there was a lot more to the chapter. Starting from the WSJ cover, that's a very classy cover, and feels like the clearest look we've ever got at Kaido's face. Luffy and Zoro's brotherhood really shines through on this cover. The girls' cover was fine, Big Mom was the highlight actually for me, her hat's color scheme here is even more vibrant. Luffy confirms that O-Kiku is super strong, nice. When people wonder how the hell they're ever going to beat Kaidou and the Shogun and all their forces, remember that Luffy is gathering up a ton of strong allies. Being a hot-blooded dude, Nami's 'kunoichi' outfit really got me going. Another ugly ninja lol. I'm still assuming these are red herrings, I wonder when we'll see an actual kunoichi (reminder, Kokoro was the first mermaid we saw, the mermaids you imagine in fantasies were seen later). We learn the names of Oden's powerful retainers, neat; and as shown in this chapter with Shutenmaru's showing - who many believe is Ashura Douji - they indeed are quite a force to be reckoned with. I like how one of the random members of the crowd acknowledged how incredibly high level the fights are getting between higher level characters. Since there's nothing next to Kaidou for size comparison, we still don't actually know how big he actually is. I'm going to assume that he can of course breathe fire due to Oden castle burning in the flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

BM had just suffered a public "defeat" where her reputation was directly attacked and the whole world knows about it
    .......... oh yeah, how I didn't got it?

This is the first time Luffy has seen Kaido right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post

i think this is the third time since the timeskip where we see the strawhats listening to someone else's plan, which they'll have to carry out. Ever since the teamed up with law, it was at first him setting the plan to take down doflamingo. Then it was Bege's plot against big mom. Now's Kinemon ordering around the whole crew like he's the captain, what the hell.
    the last tiny spark of pro-active agency form the fucking main charachters i can think of is Nami deciding to save the children in Punk Hazard.
    Luffy screwing over the various plan doesn't count since it's just him doing in his own way what was ordered him to do anyway.

Nice catch. Never paid attention to it. You could also add the dwarfs plan to go against Flamingo or Jinbes plan on fishmen island, and even Rayleighs plan to ring the bell. But then again it was every time their decision to follow ...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post

It would be more of an issue to me if the plan was actually relevant in the climax of the arc. Luffy didn't take down Caesar or Doflamingo because of Law's plan, and not much of the actions relating to Bege's assassination attempt were very meaningful. The only time I can think of where someone fully followed another character's objective to complete a mission was when Sanji was recruited to bake the cake for Big Mom, and even that didn't feel much like that since he quickly became the top dog in that quest. There was also Operation SOP, but that was always more focused on Usopp.

If Luffy at some point says something like "I hate your closed borders!" when fighting Kaido, then we can talk. But the Straw Hats getting involved with people and aligning with their goals has always been a factor in One Piece, and I quite like that strong New World people like Law, Bege, and Kin'emon do have a lot of initiative when getting the Straw Hats involved in their plans. But sooner or later, the Straw Hats will set their own stamp on this plot.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    This is not something Oda needed the Marines or anyone to casually state years in advance in my opinion, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    I am thinking since Punk Hazard when the shadow of a confrontation with Kaido is always in the background. We get the hatred for dragon, we get Kinemon ignoring everything of the world, we are setting a lot that pays now.

I consider that Oda did a poor job on that front and did a poor job hinting at a pretty important aspect of Wano and Kaido. It was always Beast pirates and Wano country not Beast are a legit part of Wano country like Doffly with Dressrosa, Boa with Amazon Lily or Linlin with Totland.

However I think you are right that it is a matter of opinion that we won't change and I also agree to disagree.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Usually, when someone takes over a country, they declare themselves king.
    I think there is a difference between being an invader and being the actual goverment and part of this country. But I don't think it's something further discussion will make us agree on. I think Oda did a poor job that front. You don't believe so. It is fine to have different opinions. Let's just accept we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTnaig View Post
    This is the first time Luffy has seen Kaido right?
    Yes, unless he has seen him in the papers somehow.

I was definitely not expecting to see dragon-Kaido this soon.

I expect hybrid Kaido to look like Shendu from the Jacky chan cartoon.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Shendu

Kaido is known as "the strongest creature in the world". As in, he's not even human.

For me is clear as the crystal. Kaido didn't eat a mythical devil fruit model dragon, no. Kaido may actually be a REAL DRAGON that ate a human model devil fruit. Maybe an ogre.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

This week's chapter was bound to be "unpredictable", since chapter 920 ended the introduction of Wano and there was nothing in particular hanging in the air to be continued immediately. Anything could become the focus now and it's normal to shake things up.

Bringing up the boss to electrify the readers, raise the stakes and disturb the plans of the protagonists is a good move to start the second act in the story. It was awesome. There was nothing important going on that should be prioritized instead, since this whole fight between Jack and Shutenmaru is obviously a distraction to hype the samurais.

The timing was great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I am pretty sure Fujitora can go toe to toe with a Yonkou.
    Was mostly referring to the fact that 2 other big time Marine people were there but I don't think they got the chance to get involved, besides those bandages he had imply he got cut the hell up and only one strong swordsman was on that ship. Initially the thought was he tangled with all 3 now it's rather clear he tangled with 1 and got bodied. No denying he can take unbelievable punishment and live to tell the tale but he's just a big target that can get whaled on easily and when the going gets tough he will use underhanded tactics like that poison he unleashed to gain the upper hand. He's definitely the runt of the calamities/all stars.

But the existence of Samurai of Ashura's caliber explains why the marines are wary to go near there and test their luck, ashura is no way the strongest example of the samurai yet he made a billion bounty dude bleed through his mouth on his first attack. People were worried about Wano looking like child's play need to sit back down, there are some freaks in this place.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Default Re: Chapter 921: Shuternmaru

Well, Shutenmaru is almost certainly Ashura Doji, so he was besten by Oden.

So... I'm guessing Shanks was at Mariejoa to tell the elders about Kaido being king. Given the fact that Kaido destroyed the Kozuki clan (the people whose ancestors carved the poneglyphs) and that he wants to make sure they stay dead, Ym probably wants him to stay in power.

I don't know why the WG never destroyed Wano, but I'm assuming they can't for some reason.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

So, I guess at least one of those people named by Kin is going to be in jail, or ShutenMaru/Ashura Douji?? could get in the next chapters, rushing for a prison-break team and leading us to met with Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    That brings into question why he cares that the kingdom even stands... He is introduced as being all nihilistic and wanting the world to end... So why not just enslave everyone from the get go if all he cares about is Manpower... The existence of this flower Capital is really weird to me
    Obviously, he's not as nihilistic and unwise as you think. You're thinking too much.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by SirCaesar View Post
    Does he? Where is it shown
    It's actually fake and Photoshopped.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

two things I also find fishy.

That Tsuru can't recognize Kiku despite Kiku lirerally looking the same
    And that Kiku wouldn't comment that Ashura Douji ks using a different name now(asuminh he is ShutenMaru)

So if characters that close are being shown having trouble to recognize each other, well maybe, Hiyori=Tama it is a thing and simply no one around recognized her.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information