+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Default Re: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Why'd he change his name though? I mean if they already know it's him what's the point lol

still if it is him I bet him and Zoro meet up, you know the whole Ashura connection, I'm really hoping Oda will give us an explanation on his most ridiculously random power up ever lol

maybe give us some backstory on what ashura is and how it works
    There's a connection now just because his name has Ashura in it? I don't know about that.

Why'd he change his name though? I mean if they already know it's him what's the point lol

still if it is him I bet him and Zoro meet up, you know the whole Ashura connection, I'm really hoping Oda will give us an explanation on his most ridiculously random power up ever lol

Probably changed it when he went into hiding.

Tsuru is too good for Kinemon
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    There's a connection now just because his name has Ashura in it? I don't know about that.
    I'm not saying it's a 100% certain, but Damn it I'd really like an explanation as to what ashura is, and seeing how strong he is maybe he could teach zoro how to use said mode while the the others go about there business

I mean Sanji's got a raid suit, zoro's gonna need something to even the playing fields

EDIT: Just now realizing the awful Zoro vs Sanji who's stronger debate i just unknowingly unleashed upon this innocent thread

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    Tsuru is too good for Kinemon
    And she’s too old apparently... I think Oda is setting up a bitter sweet situation here

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm not saying it's a 100% certain, but Damn it I'd really like an explanation as to what ashura is, and seeing how strong he is maybe he could teach zoro how to use said mode while the the others go about there business

I mean Sanji's got a raid suit, zoro's gonna need something to even the playing fields

EDIT: Just now realizing the awful Zoro vs Sanji who's stronger debate i just unknowingly unleashed upon this innocent thread
    Ha you think these Wano Samurai are stronger than Zoro? I can admit Zoro could learn a thing or two like how he wants to learn how to cut fire from Kin’emon but saying Kin’emon or this Shutenmaru guy are actually stronger than him is too much

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    And she’s too old apparently... I think Oda is setting up a bitter sweet situation here

Ha you think these Wano Samurai are stronger than Zoro? I can admit Zoro could learn a thing or two like how he wants to learn how to cut fire from Kin’emon but saying Kin’emon or this Shutenmaru guy are actually stronger than him is too much
    Not saying stronger pers say, just knows something about the ashura transformation that zoro doesn't and I mean he did just go toe to toe with Jack a billion bounty and one of the three calamities.... so he's no slouch either

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Too late. Already am triggerd. Haha. Just kidding.
    On a serious note, it's been speculated that Zoro's always been handicapped throughout the whole Grandline Saga with Mihawk's slash on the Baratie Arc and on top of Kuma's punishment that it took him the 2 year time skip to fully recover. So it's not that hard to imagine or even consider that Zoro has eclipsed Sanji in terms of fighting prowess and that the former's strength should be compared to Luffy instead since they're the main fighters of the crew. Sanji's become more of a utility guy that fails to shine unlike the cunning Mr. Prince he used to be.

Sanji phrased in two different ways his words to Okiku. I mean scene where in one translation he says that she should wait till she sees his heroic deeds and in second translation he says for her to wait and see his gallant form.. which one is proper translation?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    So... I'm guessing Shanks was at Mariejoa to tell the elders about Kaido being king. Given the fact that Kaido destroyed the Kozuki clan (the people whose ancestors carved the poneglyphs) and that he wants to make sure they stay dead, Ym probably wants him to stay in power.

I don't know why the WG never destroyed Wano, but I'm assuming they can't for some reason.
    So far Oda has been flimsy regarding Wano's status with WG. It is hard to believe WG would be clueless about a nation which doesn't obey it. There is more reason to infiltrate and get information of what is going on inside Wano. So it makes little sense that Shank needs to inform Gorosei about it, least after all these years.

Since other than with WhiteBeard( as a consequence of Ace), WG seem to never sought open confrontation with Yonkous. So if they actually know that Wano is Kaidou's true base of operation, it makes sense that Gorosei made the judgement not to attack it. Of course marines(at least most of them) being out of loop is easy to understand.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

so Shutenmaru and ashura douji were based on Shutendouji?
    if yes, then I hope his sword is a famous sword called Doujigiri

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    “I want to die and I want the rest of the world to die.” This is pretty damn nihilistic to me. I guess Oda was being hyperbolic in some regards because these sort of words surely would give you the impression this guy is over the edge
    That doesn't apply to the way he rules his territory, though.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    It actually took me until like 30 seconds ago to realize Shinobu is a pun with shinobi...

Shinobu is actually a common name for girls in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    That doesn't apply to the way he rules his territory, though.
    yeah and thats the question I asked, Why is this nihilist so into maintaining this charade of being a wise king?... Theres definitely some story here. Hes not even like Big mom who created Totland herself, he took over Wano for some reason and has been Shadow ruling it as well, while also trying to commit suicide and kill everything that exists... This is pretty damn weird

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    It actually took me until like 30 seconds ago to realize Shinobu is a pun with shinobi...

Shinobu is a very common name/part of name in Japan.For example,
    Creator of the manga 'Magi:The Labyrinth of Magic' is Shinobu Ohtaka( female).
    Screenwriter of Roshomon and Seven Samurai was Shinobu Hashimoto(male).
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I'm glad Kaidou is a Zoan DF user as expected. I hate it when bosses have gimmicky DF, this will be an all out brawl base on strength.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    That thief was obviously one of the underlings of Oven though
    Even if he was we are talking about a yonkou seriously badass commander there. This is beyond just strong
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    I'm glad Kaidou is a Zoan DF user as expected. I hate it when bosses have gimmicky DF, this will be an all out brawl base on strength.
    Who's to say he doesn't have a gimmick, like something as simple as breathing fire?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    "Bu" is also a word for fat, so it's a two for one.
    Lol it took me until now to realize the pun in DBZ Boo...

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Sanji phrased in two different ways his words to Okiku. I mean scene where in one translation he says that she should wait till she sees his heroic deeds and in second translation he says for her to wait and see his gallant form.. which one is proper translation?
    Maybe something like "Sanji, the Knight "...
    Last edited by Candide; October 20th, 2018 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    So... I'm guessing Shanks was at Mariejoa to tell the elders about Kaido being king. Given the fact that Kaido destroyed the Kozuki clan (the people whose ancestors carved the poneglyphs) and that he wants to make sure they stay dead, Ym probably wants him to stay in power.

I don't know why the WG never destroyed Wano, but I'm assuming they can't for some reason.
    He was theeeto tell them the truth about BB.

I don't know what the manga is going to do with his name, but there's a real mythical character called Shuten-Doji. So it seems pretty likely that Ashura-doji and Shutenmaru are referring to the same character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuten-d%C5%8Dji

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Even if he was we are talking about a yonkou seriously badass commander there. This is beyond just strong
    You're right, but I'm actually glad that there are people way stronger than people like Jack. Otherwise, it would mean that fights and power-levels are gonna become boring after this arc

Also, yeah, I guess that's what we should expect from a kingdom feared by the WG itself
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information