+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

Default Re: Chapter 921: Shutenmaru

What do people think of the theory that ashura boy is shutenmaru?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    two things I also find fishy.

That Tsuru can't recognize Kiku despite Kiku lirerally looking the same
    And that Kiku wouldn't comment that Ashura Douji ks using a different name now(asuminh he is ShutenMaru)

So if characters that close are being shown having trouble to recognize each other, well maybe, Hiyori=Tama it is a thing and simply no one around recognized her.
    At least Tsuru has the excuse of not having seen Kiku in the last 20 years, so her not recognizing someone is reasonable enough.

Kiku on the other hand instantly time traveled through time, with it only having been a few months since then, so it's still hard to believe that she's now suddenly unable to recognize what Hiyori looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    It seems like it's pretty much already a common consensus that he is indeed Shutenmaru.

It actually took me until like 30 seconds ago to realize Shinobu is a pun with shinobi...

The old lady referencing the prophecy and the fall of Kaido was kind of a random thing. I mean... A bandit is about to kill you what the hell does that have to do with Kaido. If it was Jack menacing her it would make sense but in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The old lady referencing the prophecy and the fall of Kaido was kind of a random thing. I mean... A bandit is about to kill you what the hell does that have to do with Kaido. If it was Jack menacing her it would make sense but in this case?
    It's a response to Shutenmaru going on about how Wano's days are numbered, that there's no one to follow.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I don't know why the WG never destroyed Wano, but I'm assuming they can't for some reason.
    Probably because of people like Shutenmaru

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    Obviously, he's not as nihilistic and unwise as you think. You're thinking too much
    ďI want to die and I want the rest of the world to die.Ē This is pretty damn nihilistic to me. I guess Oda was being hyperbolic in some regards because these sort of words surely would give you the impression this guy is over the edge

I'll only be annoyed by Kaidou in dragon form cliffhanger if next chapter starts with us cutting back a few minutes to "Kaidou in base, annoyed about the intruders, transforms and leaves." cut back to normal time. Oda's already turned a few cliffhangers bad this arc by how he starts the following chapter, so it wouldn't surprise me.

As a thought, what's the likelihood of Zoro accidentally wandering his way back here, getting beat and captured, and then thrown in the same cell with Kid? I can't decide for myself if I like the idea or not, but leaning on "not."

Is that even a theory? Their silhouettes are identical. Its pretty obvious.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Kaido is known as "the strongest creature in the world". As in, he's not even human.

For me is clear as the crystal. Kaido didn't eat a mythical devil fruit model dragon, no. Kaido may actually be a REAL DRAGON that ate a human model devil fruit. Maybe an ogre.
    Dragons in asian mythology can transform into human form. So he might not even have a devilfruit.

Purely coincidence

wait how do momo and kaido both have dragon zoans?

Quote Originally Posted by LuffydaPirateKing View Post
    wait how do momo and kaido both have dragon zoans?
    momo's is an artificial one made by VegaPunk

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

A Oden's samurai who now take the food from poor people... I'm curious about how that happened

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    You can't really call it an inspiration if the original doesn't even have an original design. If a nine-tailed fox is referenced anywhere in this arc, are you going to say Oda was inspired by Naruto as well?
    pokemon*

16 muffins

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    A Oden's samurai who now take the food from poor people... I'm curious about how that happened
    He used to be a bandit before he was tamed by Oden.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/920/page/4

momo's is an artificial one made by VegaPunk
    ah thats sounds familiar now that you said it. Will be interesting to see if he grows into kaido

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    He used to be a bandit before he was tamed by Oden.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/...n/0/920/page/4
    I know, and now after being tamed by Oden he has come back to the bandid way. Interesting zig-zag. And he's drinking in a lazy mood like an old emperor not obeying Kaido... after all those years. Nice character. I'm curious about why he's taking food from the villagers. ... Because I supose 'tamed' is figurative. He was rather converted by Oden.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Dragons in asian mythology can transform into human form. So he might not even have a devilfruit.
    Oni aren't exactly human.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    It actually took me until like 30 seconds ago to realize Shinobu is a pun with shinobi...

"Bu" is also a word for fat, so it's a two for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    I know, and now after being tamed by Oden he has come back to the bandid way. Interesting zig-zag. And he's drinking in a lazy mood like an old emperor not obeying Kaido... after all those years. Nice character. I'm curious about why he's taking food from the villagers. ... Because I supose 'tamed' is figurative. He was rather converted by Oden.
    I think it's like Dog and Cat hating each other but suddenly playing nice once Momo comes around. They respect/love Oden so they do anything to please him but in his absence they just revert to who they are. And Shuten is a selfish man

I don't Shuten he is a good guy I think he is simply a loyal follower of Oden. Also he got the food from the poor because they happen to have it but he probably was going to take it from the rich. He's not persecuting the poor(they have nothing) he just don't care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Is that even a theory? Their silhouettes are identical. Its pretty obvious.
    Why'd he change his name though? I mean if they already know it's him what's the point lol

still if it is him I bet him and Zoro meet up, you know the whole Ashura connection, I'm really hoping Oda will give us an explanation on his most ridiculously random power up ever lol

maybe give us some backstory on what ashura is and how it works

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information