+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 919: The Ruins of Oden Castle

Default Re: Chapter 919: The Ruins of Oden Castle

Oh sweet. Both Robin AND A Rokurobi in one chapter.

Oh and Time Travel and stuff too. Cool.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

So we got a Dressrosa bit where everyone loves the Shogun but people outside Flower capital hates the Shogun so if the Shogun is defeated, I could forsee a possible civil war.

Oh and how they talk about isolation just reeks of the political situation America is going through right now. One student blurt out that isolation protects the country from outside "evuls" and how they remarked that foreign countries wants what Wano has. Globalism fears, everyone? I wonder if Oda is going to squeeze more of these themes to match the current situation the world is in right now when dealing with America. Let's see how this plays out
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    I guess Oda must have planned this through quite well. He waited almost 500 chapters to introduce us to Rayleigh and brought us a guy that wants to see Laboon for 50 yrs.
    Sounds cheesy, but have a Little trust, Folks.
    There is no proof Brook was planed to be tied with Laboon from the start.

so the prophecy speaks of 9 samouries but we know only 5 so they are 4 missing. Kinemon is still hiding things :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Since Oda showed us only 8 graves last chapter, I counted again the graves this time. Excluding Oden and his wife there are really nine graves, BUT there is a fourth one which is shaped like Momo's Oden's and Momo's mom's grave. 7 retainers and 4 (!) lord-graves.
    That's a good catch. Grandparent/Oden's sibling/some child that bought the farm early so Momo was their try #2?
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    Hello, I'm here to paste this thing and go
    Where does the picture of Kinemon falling into the hole come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post

so the prophecy speaks of 9 samouries but we know only 5 so they are 4 missing. Kinemon is still hiding things :-)
    No proof? Oda himself said he planned out Brook while drawing Laboon
    Currently writing a book

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Oh and how they talk about isolation just reeks of the political situation America is going through right now.
    Oda's been setting up Wano since well before Trump said he would run. The opening of the borders is one of the most pivotal moments in Japanese history.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Oda's been setting up Wano since well before Trump said he would run. The opening of the borders is one of the most pivotal moments in Japanese history.
    Of course, I'm talking about one student saying something that reminds me of these things.
    Currently writing a book

Brook's original design had a cowboy hat. So "Yorki" in the original flashback was supposed to be Brook.

The 9 are going to be the ninja-mink-pirate-samurai alliance: Luffy, Law, Neko, Inu, Momo, Kinemon, Kanjuro, Raizo, Okiku.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    Punk Hazard I think.

Purely coincidence

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

so if I got this right, Orochi let Kaido into Wano so that with him it would not be possible for said prophecy to happen. At least on his mind.

I would enjoy if Orochi would be alike to Orochi from Japanese legends...

For that to happen he would need to be Hydra Zoan user imo. Him being said to be two swords style user screams "Zoros enemy of the arc!"..

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Brook's char was sketched while Oda's drawing style was "east-blue-ish", but I get your Point: his Connection with Laboon was written way after the sketch. Anyway, it was well-executed.
    The main issue I have with that time-travel-ability is: Momo's mom is dead for pretty sure.
    So the fruit reappeared somewhere and the likes of BB could look for it and (ab)use it.
    We don't know yet how it works though. And why the time-gap of 20 yrs has been Chosen.
    A rule of the fruit or by will of the user?

To your 4 missing Samurai-spots:
    Okiku stayed on Wano. Kinemon, Momo, Kanjuro and Raizou looked for allies. Raizou went to Zou to find "true" allies (Inu and Neko).
    The other 4 could have also stayed on Wano.
    O tsuru said "she is new to the Country as well", maybe a lie to cover their secret from foreigners.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I've looked at the raw pages and the panel where Law explains that they have safe food is confusing to say the least. There's no indication of who's replying to him so it could be Shachi, Penguin, Kinemon, the SHs, whoever.

I think one thing that goes against Law being Shutenmaru is that Bepo and Kinemon wouldn't have terrible diarrhea from food poisoning if Law had already stockpiled safe, stolen food from the farm before Luffy arrived in Wano.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    I would enjoy if Orochi would be alike to Orochi from Japanese legends...

For that to happen he would need to be Hydra Zoan user imo. Him being said to be two swords style user screams "Zoros enemy of the arc!"..
    It really screams it, doesn't it?
    But when I hear the term "hero" (as in this chapter for the Shogun), I also think of Spandam's desired moniker. So maybe Orochi is just this arc's Spandam who lets Kaidou do all the dirty work.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He went and did it after all. Hope he keeps the concept simple enough not to cause too many paradoxes.

Guess Zoro and Sanji's reunion will get postponed indefinitely.

I'm kinda bothered by some stuff, as always in every media. Fact Luffy couldn't just mention Ace is his bro, Zoro can't take a look at Luffy's sword for long enough to recognize the similarity to his own, Law has to be mysterious and vague for suspense (nobody should have fallen for that), and Zoro has to wander off on his own again and nobody is bothering to take a look or maybe sniff him out (Chopper). It's much too sloppy for my taste, even if I know some of them will have a timely and satisfying revelation and resolution.

But like I said, not just a problem with OP.
    Why would Luffy mention that Ace was his bro though? One of the reasons for the time skip was to give Luffy enough time to mourn his bro. Plus its nothing new for Luffy's character not to name drop his family members.

Zoro gives Luffy respect as a captain. If Luffy says it's his sword, he has no right to just grab it and look for it. Its why he's asking and not demanding.

I thought Law being mysterious and vague about diarrhea was hilarious. Its congruent with his character so far.

Zoro wondering of has been an established part of the story since the beginning. At no point has Zoro wondering off, ended being a disadvantage to the SH. So of course they'll let him do his thing.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

So there will be no Jinbe then?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    Chapter 746 I think

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Why would Luffy mention that Ace was his bro though? One of the reasons for the time skip was to give Luffy enough time to mourn his bro. Plus its nothing new for Luffy's character not to name drop his family members.

Zoro gives Luffy respect as a captain. If Luffy says it's his sword, he has no right to just grab it and look for it. Its why he's asking and not demanding.

I thought Law being mysterious and vague about diarrhea was hilarious. Its congruent with his character so far.

Zoro wondering of has been an established part of the story since the beginning. At no point has Zoro wondering off, ended being a disadvantage to the SH. So of course they'll let him do his thing.
    Why wouldn't he? If you came to a place where you've never been to, and some guys start blabbering about your dead brother and how they loved him, you'd probably keep your mouth shut?

All it takes is one good look at a hilt ffs. And it's not like there's much of a discipline between ranks on Sunny, is there? And Luffy has no reason not to show it, really.

I don't. It's just not that funny.

No, that last thing is just dumb. Especially considering Law wants to keep their heads low. Letting off a dude who already became infamous throught the island wander off while they have serious matter to discuss with after being apart for a while... Nope.

You're happy with it? That's cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Haha Speed played them for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Haha Speed played them for fools.
    Huh? Nothing about Speed was suspicious, don't know why people think she suddenly broke free of Tama's control.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information