View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

    9 2.93%
  • Carrot

    108 35.18%
  • Caribou

    12 3.91%
  • Momo

    10 3.26%
  • Kinemon

    9 2.93%
  • Hiyori

    4 1.30%
  • Bonney

    9 2.93%
  • Pekoms

    5 1.63%
  • Vivi

    26 8.47%
  • Kawamatsu

    16 5.21%
  • None of the above

    99 32.25%
Closed Thread
Page 62 of 404 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 8073

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

  1. #1221
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Dark blue/purple is called indigo, people
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  2. #1222

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Children are simply not joining, don't get Tama's purple hair drive you guys away from Bone Spitter, the real contender

  3. #1223

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    But her being on the same level as Rayleigh (who became Luffy's mentor) pretty much confirms my initial assumption that she would become to Luffy what Luffy was to Shanks. Remember that literally the only skill we know she has is to weave straw hats. I suspect that by the end of Wano, Luffy will have given her his hat and she'll make him a replacement.
    I have been thinking for a while now about this hypothesis that Tama will become the "next generation", the one who will inhirit Luffy's will... nonetheless, I always thought that it was a little suspecious that Oda would choose a girl for this role, considering the prevalent sexism in One Piece and the fact that Oda has said many times that he writes for "boys" (shonen). In other words, the most natural choice for a character to be Luffy's next generation would be any little boy, not a little girl.

    However, maybe Oda has chosen a girl for the role because he has two daughters and no boys. Maybe that's how he feels about it in his life, as if his girls are to him what Tama will be to Luffy's ideals.

  4. #1224

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I suspect that by the end of Wano, Luffy will have given her his hat and she'll make him a replacement.
    And break his promise to Shanks?

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  5. #1225

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Yeah, I think people should keep an open mind to Tama. Didn't the new databook confirm that Shanks was only around 10 or 11 when he became an apprentice on Roger's ship.

    I think people expect that any member to join to be a full-fledged fighting member of the crew and not, possible, an apprentice with a very limited role.

    Not saying she'll join, but people should keep an open mind. Roger had an apprentice on his ship, so why not Luffy which the series draws many parallels between?

  6. #1226

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Makes sense that now that the SH's are an experienced pirate crew, they could let a rookie(with high potential) get into the crew, but children, com' on!!

  7. #1227

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Makes sense that now that the SH's are an experienced pirate crew, they could let a rookie(with high potential) get into the crew, but children, com' on!!
    Why not? Doffy had children in his crew, he himself was a child when he became a pirate. I don't see a reason why children can't join.

    In retrospective, if you think about it, since the SH entered the New World, children were allways a theme.

    Punk Hazard - experiments on children
    Dressrosa - Sugar was kinda the reason for Doffys downfall + Laws childhood + Doffy childhood
    Zou - ok, not really anything remarkable involving children except Momo talking to Zunisha
    WCI - flashback of Big Moms childhood and she has 85 children
    and now we have Tama

    Maybe those are all hints that the next nakama will be a child, nothing is impossible. Also even after this short time, Tama has a better chance of joining than Carrot because of her deeper relationship to Luffy.
    Just saying.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  8. #1228

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Makes sense that now that the SH's are an experienced pirate crew, they could let a rookie(with high potential) get into the crew, but children, com' on!!
    See: Roger's crew

  9. #1229
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    See: Roger's crew
    True Roger had kids on his crew, but the man Luffy truly idolizes is Shanks, who in the first chapter refused to let Luffy as a kid join his crew

    Knowing how much Luffy looks up to shanks and is inspired by him, i doubt he'd do the exact opposite of his hero and have a frail child who's not battle ready join his crew

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  10. #1230

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    True Roger had kids on his crew, but the man Luffy truly idolizes is Shanks, who in the first chapter refused to let Luffy as a kid join his crew

    Knowing how much Luffy looks up to shanks and is inspired by him, i doubt he'd do the exact opposite of his hero and have a frail child who's not battle ready join his crew
    I don't think that really matters. Luffy is his own person. Sure, Luffy idolizes Shanks but that doesn't mean he's trying to emulate Shanks.

    The reason I bring this up is that the story draws A LOT of parallels between Roger and Luffy. And as another user mentioned having an apprentice would serve the purpose of shining a spotlight on the "next generation". Not saying it'll happen but people shouldn't write it off so easily.

  11. #1231

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    You know, I am not sold on this idea that every SH will necessarily have to fight 1x1 against one of the BB Commanders, so I don't see any problem with some SH not having fighting capabilities. I mean, yes, this is a battle/adventure manga, but is clear that Oda doesn't really exploit all the SH through fights. In 25 years Nami only got two fights. Robin only fought once to this day and it was against such a fodder of an opponent that we only count that fight to not face the fact she never got a fight at all.
    Except for the self imposed rule (we love those, don't we) that each SH will necessarily have to fight against one of the Blackbeard Pirates by themselves, there is no reason for each and every SH to necessarily have fighting abilities.

    I am not saying that Tama is joining, but I never saw much weight in this point and will always think a no-fighting cabine boy/girl on the SH could always happen as long as the said kid can have useful abilities that could be used in other ways.


    (EDIT: Also not saying that those 1x1 won't happen. I'm just saying it is not an established fact as people take it to the point of deciding other things based on that notion)
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 24th, 2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: I mean, that's pretty much what Chopper became...

  12. #1232

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    "Tanaka wonders if it was even necessary considering the heavy impact of Luffy VS Usopp and comments on what a wonderful character is. Oda says he's the closest to a human in the series with everyone else being super human. He feels that as Usopp slowly gets stronger, his readers can feel the same way and get stronger too. Tanaka loves how when Luffy and team go off leaving Nami and Usopp behind then they both say, "Counting on you -_-;" Oda says there are certain things he wants to keep the same because it will just upset the balance. No matter who joins, he always wants Usopp to be the weakest, he always wants Chopper to believe Usopp's lies. There are just some weaknesses he wants them to carry."

    -A summary by Greg of a discussion between Oda and Luffy's VA

    This alone totally shuts down the idea of *ever* having a non-fighter cabin boy/girl. That includes Tama.

  13. #1233

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Mars View Post
    "Tanaka wonders if it was even necessary considering the heavy impact of Luffy VS Usopp and comments on what a wonderful character is. Oda says he's the closest to a human in the series with everyone else being super human. He feels that as Usopp slowly gets stronger, his readers can feel the same way and get stronger too. Tanaka loves how when Luffy and team go off leaving Nami and Usopp behind then they both say, "Counting on you -_-;" Oda says there are certain things he wants to keep the same because it will just upset the balance. No matter who joins, he always wants Usopp to be the weakest, he always wants Chopper to believe Usopp's lies. There are just some weaknesses he wants them to carry."

    -A summary by Greg of a discussion between Oda and Luffy's VA

    This alone totally shuts down the idea of *ever* having a non-fighter cabin boy/girl. That includes Tama.
    An apprentice isn't thought of as a normal member of the crew (see Inuarashi's conversation in ch. 820), so I don't really see any contradiction if Carrot were to join. There's also the generational difference between Tama and the others.

  14. #1234

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    So, examples of children being abused, experimented, used as soldiers or labor, controlled, lied, traficked, abandoned, eaten, and ignoring the biggest line of fishman island, "The children are watching", are evidence of a child joining a small band of adventurers?

    Forgetting how Chimney (who seemed more like a weird teen without Oda's usual female body type), Aisa, that one kid from Alabasta who tried to be a revolutionary and got shoot and kicked by our beloved Mr 2 for his trouble, that one kid from Cocoyashi who Nami saves from trying to kill arlong, the Usopp pirates, Momonosuke, and one Monkey D Luffy. No kids on pirate ships. Tagalong kids stay on their island.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  15. #1235

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    An apprentice isn't thought of as a normal member of the crew (see Inuarashi's conversation in ch. 820), so I don't really see any contradiction if Carrot were to join. There's also the generational difference between Tama and the others.
    My point was about Oda's wishes for Usopp. Usopp being the most human, weakest and most relatable of the straw hats is a significant part of his character. It has already been explained that this is something Oda wants to maintain. Therefore we are not gonna have someone like Tama join who would basically disrupt this balance. If she becomes an apprentice, then as you say she still won't be classified as one of the main members and won't be treated in the same regard as the others. I believed this thread was created to find who that person would be. Not just any companion.

  16. #1236

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So, examples of children being abused, experimented, used as soldiers or labor, controlled, lied, traficked, abandoned, eaten, and ignoring the biggest line of fishman island, "The children are watching", are evidence of a child joining a small band of adventurers?
    Nobody said evidence, maybe hints nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Forgetting how Chimney (who seemed more like a weird teen without Oda's usual female body type), Aisa, that one kid from Alabasta who tried to be a revolutionary and got shoot and kicked by our beloved Mr 2 for his trouble, that one kid from Cocoyashi who Nami saves from trying to kill arlong, the Usopp pirates, Momonosuke, and one Monkey D Luffy.
    Yes, but at this point there is a difference between those children and Tama.


    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    No kids on pirate ships.
    Sorry, that' just nonsense.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  17. #1237

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Yes, but at this point there is a difference between those children and Tama.
    What's the difference between them? Tama may have a Devil Fruit power (so did Luffy when he was a kid; didn't mean he was ready to become a pirate), but she's also been kidnapped about three times in the first act of this arc.

  18. #1238

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    You know, I am not sold on this idea that every SH will necessarily have to fight 1x1 against one of the BB Commanders
    Its a shonen manga, you'd better believe every main character is getting a fight in the final battle.

    In 25 years Nami only got two fights.
    Doublefinger, Davy Back,Kumadori, Califa, Absalom, fodders on fishmen island. Plus support roles against Buggy, Enel, Oars, Cracker, Big Mom and such.

    Robin only fought once to this day
    Pell, Tashigi, marine grunts, Yama, general zombies, and she tried to snap Moria's neck, and broke Hammond's spine. Plus support roles.

    They haven't had anywhere near as many fights as the monster trio, but no one has. Usopp and Franky are probably close. But Brook and Chopper have both had very few fights, and Chopper's been around forever.

    And 21 years, not 25.

  19. #1239

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    What's the difference between them? Tama may have a Devil Fruit power (so did Luffy when he was a kid; didn't mean he was ready to become a pirate), but she's also been kidnapped about three times in the first act of this arc.
    Her relationship to Ace and Luffy.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  20. #1240

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    She is one of the few characters who got to share the volume cover alone with all the strawhats, so far the only ones who have done that is Franky before he joined, Rayleigh and Jinbei.

    She wore Luffys strawhat.

    She is from amigasa village, which means strawhat village.

    And the fact that Ace promised next time he goes to Wano he will make sure to stop the famine and bring Tama along with his crew, Luffy already promised to bring an end to the famine.

    And you guys keep saying she is another kid like Aisa and Chimney. Atleast recognize she got some very strong points going for her.

    The only problem I see is if she ends up being Hiyori in some weird kind of way, then i’d guess she will end being another Shirahoshi and Rebecca.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts