View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

    9 2.93%
  • Carrot

    108 35.18%
  • Caribou

    12 3.91%
  • Momo

    10 3.26%
  • Kinemon

    9 2.93%
  • Hiyori

    4 1.30%
  • Bonney

    9 2.93%
  • Pekoms

    5 1.63%
  • Vivi

    26 8.47%
  • Kawamatsu

    16 5.21%
  • None of the above

    99 32.25%
Closed Thread
Page 60 of 404 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 8073

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

  1. #1181

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The people that think Carrot isn't joining are the same people who kept thinking Paulie would join over Franky... but 90% of y'all probably weren't reading One Piece week to week back then
    A. I was reading One Piece weekly then.

    B. Except for maybe one or two people, most of the people I know on this forum that have been around that long do not think Carrot will join.

    C. What a shitty argument with no substance.

    D. People clinging on to Paulie after Franky was introduced were ignoring things like him getting a flashback, having a strong presence among the crew and others present, getting a full 1v1 fight, like ONLY the crew got.

    Also go

    F. Yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  2. #1182

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I think this latest chapter makes it likely that SH will get another zoan or similar creature, since Blackbeard has at least two zoans( devon and lafitte) + stronger and whatever doc q is. Maybe the infamous lion zoan that has yet to show up in the story, or maybe some mink.

  3. #1183
    Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    What about...






    Silver as a theme color?


    Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

  4. #1184

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Vivi got white gold, so that silver and gold should be possible.


    Latest volume cover with Tama on the cover made me camp Tama all the way!

  5. #1185

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    A. I was reading One Piece weekly then.

    B. Except for maybe one or two people, most of the people I know on this forum that have been around that long do not think Carrot will join.

    C. What a shitty argument with no substance.

    D. People clinging on to Paulie after Franky was introduced were ignoring things like him getting a flashback, having a strong presence among the crew and others present, getting a full 1v1 fight, like ONLY the crew got.

    Also go

    F. Yourself.
    Calm down dude, no one is insulting your mother or anything

  6. #1186
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Latest volume cover with Tama on the cover made me camp Tama all the way!
    Do as you wish, but there are legitimate issues in her way: not mature enough, no kunoichi skills to speak of, fruit power not conducive to shonen battles, etc.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  7. #1187

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Do as you wish, but there are legitimate issues in her way: not mature enough, no kunoichi skills to speak of, fruit power not conducive to shonen battles, etc.
    She seems quite mature for her age, even more so than Momo. And maturing through the story is some great character development, so i don't see that as a negative point.

    People in Wano have no understanding of what it means to be a pirate or a marine. Instead people dream of being a great ninja/kunoichi or samurai, but it basically mean the same thing, to be a great man/woman and achieve stuff. Her dream of being a great kunoichi travelling the seas is sort of equivalent of Usopp being a great warrior of the seas.

    As for her power, it works. in RPG terms she is a beastmaster/summoner kind of class, she is basically the pokemon trainer of one piece.
    Perfect ability for a a physical weak kid, she could tame new animals in every arc to protect her and provide with useful abilities.
    Its not that new really, we have seen in almost every arc how animals fight alongside Luffy in a way or two, so we know Oda likes and uses the idea already.

    But the most important points to look at is: her introduction and relationship with Luffy, connection and promise to Ace, dream, being sort of an outcast and low class, her possible group dynamic and role in the crew, which all seem very pro strawhats for now.

    Her having purple hair, being the little sister of the crew, and having a unique first letter of her name also fits very well.

    I can even see her taming the Godzilla of one piece and go toe to toe against Sanjuan Wolf! haha

    We will see during the arc how her development and the story progress, but for now im all pro Tama, but i also recognize she could also just be a homage to Odas own daughters and their dog.

  8. #1188

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The people that think Carrot isn't joining are the same people who kept thinking Paulie would join over Franky... but 90% of y'all probably weren't reading One Piece week to week back then
    Franky vs. Paulie February 2005 Narrow lead for Paulie
    http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=106

    Franky Versus Paulie 2, July 2005. Huge lead for Franky.
    http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=2635

    Notably, the flashback happened between those two polls. Not many people kept rooting for Paulie after Franky started showing his actual qualities, and that was still long before the sea train fights, Enies Lobby, or the color spread that included Franky as a strawhat vs. CP9. So "people who kept rooting for Paulie" is a really strange target to pick, 13 years later, especially given there's only a handful of active posters actually from back then..

    I was reading it weekly back then but I didn't join the forum till near the end of Water 7 so it was pretty much a foregone conclusion by the time I joined, I was never in on those debates.
    Last edited by Robby; November 23rd, 2018 at 03:54 AM.

  9. #1189

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Since this thread doubles as a BB x SH thread, what about kitsune x tanuki?

    C'mon, Chopper, just get your Testicle Point already.

  10. #1190

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    still quite early in the arc but so far I been right to think Oda would easily avoid Carrot/Inu to talk about Pedro's fake death, excusing it with how action-packed Wano will be.
    one day has passed already, Carrot is right there with Inu, there's a prison break mission and several characters yet to be introduced, so Oda still has stuff to keep going on with Pedro unmentioned.

    Which puts Pedro's fate to share more similarities with Igaram/Pell rather than Ace/Shirohige.

  11. #1191

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    The thing is that Pedro was working under Catviper, while it might be a relevant subject to Dogstorm, the one who she has to report it is to the big cat.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  12. #1192
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    She seems quite mature for her age, even more so than Momo. And maturing through the story is some great character development, so i don't see that as a negative point.

    People in Wano have no understanding of what it means to be a pirate or a marine. Instead people dream of being a great ninja/kunoichi or samurai, but it basically mean the same thing, to be a great man/woman and achieve stuff. Her dream of being a great kunoichi travelling the seas is sort of equivalent of Usopp being a great warrior of the seas.

    As for her power, it works. in RPG terms she is a beastmaster/summoner kind of class, she is basically the pokemon trainer of one piece.
    Perfect ability for a a physical weak kid, she could tame new animals in every arc to protect her and provide with useful abilities.
    Its not that new really, we have seen in almost every arc how animals fight alongside Luffy in a way or two, so we know Oda likes and uses the idea already.

    But the most important points to look at is: her introduction and relationship with Luffy, connection and promise to Ace, dream, being sort of an outcast and low class, her possible group dynamic and role in the crew, which all seem very pro strawhats for now.

    Her having purple hair, being the little sister of the crew, and having a unique first letter of her name also fits very well.

    I can even see her taming the Godzilla of one piece and go toe to toe against Sanjuan Wolf! haha

    We will see during the arc how her development and the story progress, but for now im all pro Tama, but i also recognize she could also just be a homage to Odas own daughters and their dog.
    What role? What possible group dynamic? That's a question always put to Carrot, but she's at least physically capable of hopping around as a lookout, hoisting the mast, taking on enemies at a moment's notice, and being actually admired by the crew for her fighting abilities. What could Tama actually do on a ship besides swab and fish and maybe give a Sea King a dango to keep it from attacking? The crew has never needed a cabin kid, and that's about all she's physically fit to be.

    Just because a character has an interesting power doesn't make that a power worth exploring on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis for a shonen battle-based story. The whole idea of taming animals, as you said, is already thoroughly covered by Luffy, and there's not much Tama adds to that besides convenience. It doesn't promise a compelling hook for battles.

    Dogstorm said it clearly: at the end of the day, she's still just a kid. No matter how grown up for her age we take her to be, she is physically and emotionally a child. She got knocked out of commission by what were apparently minor wounds. Using other creatures to fight for her might be interesting if that wasn't all there is to it. Nami has relied on the stronger members quite a bit, but she needed to step up on her own merits and she did, reasonably. Tama may be earnest, but simply does not seem capable.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    still quite early in the arc but so far I been right to think Oda would easily avoid Carrot/Inu to talk about Pedro's fake death, excusing it with how action-packed Wano will be.
    one day has passed already, Carrot is right there with Inu, there's a prison break mission and several characters yet to be introduced, so Oda still has stuff to keep going on with Pedro unmentioned.

    Which puts Pedro's fate to share more similarities with Igaram/Pell rather than Ace/Shirohige.
    We JUST got clear-cut confirmation that Absalom is a corpse, and you still wanna call Pedro, death confirmed by Perospero, Carrot and Sanji, a fake-out? You need to see his splattered remains to be satisfied or what?

    And your really believe Pedro's absence will never be brought up by Dogstorm? All to ensure he and Carrot never actually engage in conversation? That's some wishful thinking right there.
    Last edited by Shift; November 23rd, 2018 at 08:27 AM.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  13. #1193
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I'm surprised we haven't got a resurgence of Perona for next nakama lol

    I mean the cats in her picture on this cover look a lot like one of the cats in the 13 cats picture that just so happened to be holding an Umbrella!!! coincidence?

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  14. #1194

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    We JUST got clear-cut confirmation that Absalom is a corpse, and you still wanna call Pedro, death confirmed by Perospero, Carrot and Sanji, a fake-out? You need to see his splattered remains to be satisfied or what?
    Absalom and Pedro are two different cases.
    neither of those characters provided a corpse, they just went with it ala Vivi, so yeah, laughing and sobbing is no confirmation.

    And your really believe Pedro's absence will never be brought up by Dogstorm? All to ensure he and Carrot never actually engage in conversation? That's some wishful thinking right there.
    my 'wishful' thinking is reality as of now, plus I remember being told Pedro would be brough up as soon as Carrot and Inu reunited, and to begin with, said 'super important' reunion was off-screened.

  15. #1195

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    What role? What possible group dynamic? That's a question always put to Carrot, but she's at least physically capable of hopping around as a lookout, hoisting the mast, taking on enemies at a moment's notice, and being actually admired by the crew for her fighting abilities. What could Tama actually do on a ship besides swab and fish and maybe give a Sea King a dango to keep it from attacking? The crew has never needed a cabin kid, and that's about all she's physically fit to be.
    I'm not comparing Tama to Carrot in anyway, but it seems inevitably since Carrot got a few panels of worth in the latter half of WCI.

    The only interaction between Carrot and Luffy that stood oout from what I can remember was when Luffy tried to take her carrots, which was a comic relief, he wasn't even there when Carrot transformed into her Sulong form.
    We will probably get to see even less of Carrot now when the other minks are in Wano, and it is time for Wana and Sicilian to get some panel time.

    In terms of social roles, she would be the little sister of the crew.
    We have ages from 17 to 90, as you can see theres one group not represented, and that is kids.
    Oda is great at writing and developing kid characters, just look at Robins, Frankys and Laws flashbacks.

    In group aesthetics she is also filling a missing role, the last three crewmembers been big and muscular, tall and skinny, big and round. As we can see the in the cover of volume 91, a small and feminine character fits in perfectly.

    What she could do? You just wrote it yourself, helping around and keeping seakings from attacking, that sure would have been a useful ability when the strawhats went to fishman island, and it is bound to be useful in the future.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Just because a character has an interesting power doesn't make that a power worth exploring on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis for a shonen battle-based story. The whole idea of taming animals, as you said, is already thoroughly covered by Luffy, and there's not much Tama adds to that besides convenience. It doesn't promise a compelling hook for battles.
    There is some room for development of her power, as we saw when she tamed Speed and was surprised herself that it worked on human, that is basically mind controlling. Add some kunoichi tricks to that and she will have a decent movepool.

    I don't think we will have to worry about getting tired of it, it is not like we will see her use it in every chapter, how often do we even see Chopper changing forms? How many times have we've seen Brooks utilize his spirit form? The abilities are there but mostly only used when necessary.

    That was more of an example of Oda not being completely foreign for the ability, we've had Luffy do it a few times with the kungfu dugongs and Ucy, Jinbei with whalesharks, Shirahoshi with seakings, and Momo with Zou. It is a legit power and why not have a specialist of it in the crew?


    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Dogstorm said it clearly: at the end of the day, she's still just a kid. No matter how grown up for her age we take her to be, she is physically and emotionally a child. She got knocked out of commission by what were apparently minor wounds. Using other creatures to fight for her might be interesting if that wasn't all there is to it. Nami has relied on the stronger members quite a bit, but she needed to step up on her own merits and she did, reasonably. Tama may be earnest, but simply does not seem capable.
    I think you forgot that Tama is a sick and malnourished child, she is a strong fighter at hearth though and that is what counts.

    Anyway, Ace made a promise to bring her to her crew, and Luffy will surely fulfil it, that will happen after the arc is done or in the series epilogue, I think it will happen after the arc for reasons written before.

  16. #1196

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    I know many people dont see it, but Tama turning out to be Hiyori would be no surprise to me.

    which I believe keeps her out possibilities due to Sanji already being royal.

    Momo+Tama is a beast duo, with Zunisha and Tama's control over huge animals tho.

  17. #1197
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Seriously it's freaking me out
    Hidden:




    Calling the Jesus Burgess gets the Diamond fruit too!

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  18. #1198

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I know many people dont see it, but Tama turning out to be Hiyori would be no surprise to me.

    which I believe keeps her out possibilities due to Sanji already being royal.

    Momo+Tama is a beast duo, with Zunisha and Tama's control over huge animals tho.
    Then how does Tama know Ace, a pirate that showed up at Wano 3-4 years ago prior to the current storyline? At least make sense with your claim.

  19. #1199

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    Then how does Tama know Ace, a pirate that showed up at Wano 3-4 years ago prior to the current storyline? At least make sense with your claim.
    Lady Toki could've sent her earlier in time, there's one retainer missing from the flashback, so there's some hinting.

  20. #1200
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

    So is Gecko Moria gonna join the BB pirates??? and if so what does that mean for match ups?

    Always thought Jesus Burgess was a better fit for the Diamond fruit than Shiryu

    wouldn't it be funny if Zoro fought Jesus Burgess and Sanji fought Shiryu?

    And Catarina Devon fox illusions vs Nami's weather illusions

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts