View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 2.93%
  • Carrot

108 35.18%
  • Caribou

12 3.91%
  • Momo

10 3.26%
  • Kinemon

9 2.93%
  • Hiyori

4 1.30%
  • Bonney

9 2.93%
  • Pekoms

5 1.63%
  • Vivi

26 8.47%
  • Kawamatsu

16 5.21%
  • None of the above

99 32.25%
Closed Thread
Page 58 of 404 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 8073

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The people that think Carrot isn't joining are the same people who kept thinking Paulie would join over Franky... but 90% of y'all probably weren't reading One Piece week to week back then
    Funny. My thoughts were more like this: The people who think Carrot will join are the ones who 'til the end thought (or would have thought at the time) that Paulie would join.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The people that think Carrot isn't joining are the same people who kept thinking Paulie would join over Franky... but 90% of y'all probably weren't reading One Piece week to week back then
    "They disagree with me therefor they must be WRONG and NOOBS"
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

This means absolutely nothing but there's a small possible hint to carrot by oda in ch 584

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...t_chapter_584/
    Probably nothing but we attribute smaller things t oda as goda planning
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Well, among other things, the blond hair would artistic license on the colorist's part. Still, interesting find, there!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

The next panel has a guy with a particular bib too. Related to some other foreshadowing maybe? You can go insane with these things :D
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

I don't really take this kind of "foreshadowing evidence" seriously. I have seen some arguments pro-Carrot using some chapter covers (with rabbits) as foreshadowing and even mentioning the fact that Oda was born in the Year of the Rabbit according to chinese zodiac, but this is all nonsense to me.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; November 21st, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

I'm interested in what kind of fighting style the last crew member will have, Ninjutsu seems like it could be really cool and have tons of different techniques

or maybe it's one of the 2.9 devil fruits

Maybe we'll get the last crewmember in a second Davy Jones Battle
    Last edited by choperman; November 21st, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

I guess Tama's an official Strawhat now. She's the only one there in a complete group shot of just Straw Hats. She's even got a unique haircolor and a strong bond with Luffy (and Ace) and has basically been the main Wano rep so far.

Sure, she's a defenseless child that constantly gets kidnapped, but I'm sure that can be worked around. We have both a timetravel fruit and a fruit that ages things quickly, after all.

Or maybe covers don't mean all that much.
    Last edited by Robby; November 22nd, 2018 at 02:44 AM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

But Jimbei also isn't on the cover and besides Luffy told Law that Carrot was part of the SHs so she MUST be!

/s

P.S.
    Spoiler:
    Let's see how many unaware people can't spot the /s.

Yeah, yeah, get your licks in, covers are a bust. Won't stop me from pulling for Carrot for the next two years this arc will last.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I hope the rest of the volumes for this arc are just one crew mate each. A Luffy cover, a Nami cover, etc, til we get to Jinbe at the end and then Carrot is reduced to being in the background with 20 other minks on the Chopper cover.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20181122031117

I guess Tama's an official Strawhat now. She's the only one there in a complete group shot of just Straw Hats. She's even got a unique haircolor and a strong bond with Luffy (and Ace) and has basically been the main Wano rep so far.

Sure, she's a defenseless child that constantly gets kidnapped, but I'm sure that can be worked around. We have both a timetravel fruit and a fruit that ages things quickly, after all.

Will the Time Travel or maturation fruit stop her from being a child... I mean it’s a trope in a lot of stories to imagine bigger body equals adult but those are the bad stories really. A bigger body won’t Give Tama any skills whatsoever and she’s basically just be a big child who lost years of her life... What a story

Carrot entering Wano with half the crew and getting her clothes switched with half the crew to be left aside in exchange of Tama, signs of Carrot being thrown away keep coming up, how long for everyone to realize she's been Chimney'nized.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Will the Time Travel or maturation fruit stop her from being a child... I mean it’s a trope in a lot of stories to imagine bigger body equals adult but those are the bad stories really. A bigger body won’t Give Tama any skills whatsoever and she’s basically just be a big child who lost years of her life... What a story
    Agreed. And we will have the horrible issue of a child's mind inside a sexy woman body. That just skeevy.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Agreed. I think people focus too much on the specific issue of O-tama's age when addressing the "she's too young" argument, when the real issue is her level of psychological/emotional development and personal autonomy - in fact, if those were further along, her age wouldn't matter so much.

The problem isn't that O-tama fails to hit some arbitrary "You must be this tall to ride" marker, but that she lacks the autonomy and self sufficiency needed to survive on her own. She needs someone to look after her, and while I have no doubt that the Strawhats would be willing to keep her safe and well fed, the way they tend to get split up makes it likely that she may not always have a protector on hand, meaning that she needs to be able to carry her own weight in a pinch, and we've seen little evidence of that thus far.

Even if Shinobu's "maturation" ability were applied (presuming it can be used for "age up" purposes), we don't know if it would do anything to her mental state...and even if it did, it would then divorce O-tama's character from her backstory in a big way - her maturity and personality would not be naturally developed through the trials and travails of her youth, but artificially induced via "Instant Grown Up, Just Add Water".

Time travel - specifically sending her 5-10 years into the past - would work, because she'd actually have to live those years, but we've already been told that "backward" time travel is impossible (for good reason).
    Last edited by otakufan; November 22nd, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

I wonder how long this is gonna last?

As I've said sometimes now, even if Tama is not meant to become a Strawhat, there's something weird about her compared to other "island main characters". Oda has made a big deal about her attachment with Luffy, her interests lie not in Wano (she wants to be taken to the sea) and then there is the entire Ace thing. Not to mention the fact that she has worn Luffy's straw hat in chapter 912.

Obviously, the fact that she is in this cover is not a surprise, considering the volume was a lot about her mini arc... but it is weird that this is also a cover with only the current Strawhats. Nonetheless, I don't really care about covers as evidence of anything, but it continues the trend of me finding Tama a suspicious character.

Overall, I wouldn't rule out Tama just because she is a defenseless kid. While she would be more of a burden than an asset to the crew (on the combat side of things), this could be exactly what Oda wants to have for some arcs... and then he can hide her when things get real. However, I wouldn't bet on her right now.

she's also likely the princess of a nation Akainu hesitates to enter, has DF that allows her control over huge wild beasts, Smile-df users and likely Sulong Minks.
    so yeah she's relevant.

Serious note though, purple hair IS one of the colors they're explicitly missing (along with white and pink... assuming Shanks gets to keep red to himself) so I'd expect the last member to have that color. (If Carrot had pink or purple hair I'd probably agree she was joining)

Tama aint it, but seeing it all together in a spread like that pretty much confirms that, yeah, they probably need a purple.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    As I've said sometimes now, even if Tama is not meant to become a Strawhat, there's something weird about her compared to other "island main characters". Oda has made a big deal about her attachment with Luffy, her interests lie not in Wano (she wants to be taken to the sea) and then there is the entire Ace thing. Not to mention the fact that she has worn Luffy's straw hat in chapter 912.

Obviously, the fact that she is in this cover is not a surprise, considering the volume was a lot about her mini arc... but it is weird that this is also a cover with only the current Strawhats. Nonetheless, I don't really care about covers as evidence of anything, but it continues the trend of me finding Tama a suspicious character.

Overall, I wouldn't rule out Tama just because she is a defenseless kid. While she would be more of a burden than an asset to the crew (on the combat side of things), this could be exactly what Oda wants to have for some arcs... and then he can hide her when things get real. However, I wouldn't bet on her right now.
    She is indeed special. I don't have a clue as to where her story is leading to. We can expect big surprises from Tama in Wano, but I'm not sure this means nakama at all.

Closed Thread

Thread Information