View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 4.15%
  • Carrot

71 32.72%
  • Caribou

10 4.61%
  • Momo

3 1.38%
  • Kinemon

3 1.38%
  • Hiyori

3 1.38%
  • Bonney

7 3.23%
  • Pekoms

4 1.84%
  • Vivi

19 8.76%
  • Kawamatsu

14 6.45%
  • None of the above

74 34.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 3783

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    If her reward is travel that makes sense she ends up with Big Mom or whoever wants her. But If the reward is confort it seems silly to me to not just have her be happy in Wano.
    The idea is that Tama obviously won't get exactly what she wants (living the life of a pirate on a pirate ship) but a trip to Totland as some sort of consolation price instead. Think of it as a post war "feel good" moment after the party is over.

Luffy declines taking her onboard, Ace style, while Big Mom offers her a trip to Totland for some quality time.
    Everyone is shocked, Nami delivers some boring straight man-lines (NANDATOOO??), everyone laughs, Luffy says it's fine because he can feel it, that creepy geezer swordsmith is either "dead" already because he was the traitor all along or he also delivers some boring straight-man stuff while Big Mom and Tama are already fantasizing about the delicious things waiting for them on Cacao Island (Sanji: "Cacao Island... that's puddings... <3!).

And by the way, Totland has 34 different islands. This is hardly just about comfort, even if eating things is obviously the main appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I would like to hear the Perona case because I don't remember anything that stood out and says she wants to leave Moria outside of when they started to lose badly
    Coincidence

also #4 is clearly Pekoms
    Last edited by Shiebs; December 2nd, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I'd rather have Nekomamushi. He's cuddly. :3

You guys forget O-Toko. Tama and Toko will both go to school in the new formed Wano, becoming Chief Kunoichi and Chief courtesan (trainer?) in the future.

An even better idea would be, both join the Strawhats as cabin girls! That would stop Big Mom from pursuing Luffy too (Tama going with BM would be awful as hell, wtf Jabra).
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Becoming a Kunoichi is something she pursues in order to leave the country, as that was what Ace "demanded" of her in a weird tongue-in-cheek manner.
    Whether that goal still counts for something if she finds someone else to take her is questionable.
    That's a lot like saying seven-year-old Luffy's dedication to become a pirate would have gone out the window if Garp had just let him tag along on a Marine battleship for a voyage or two - that getting on the boat and having the adventure is more important than the path they take to get there.

The young Luffy aspired to be a pirate because he thought it would convince Shanks to take him along, much in the same way O-tama aspired to become a kunoichi because she believed it would convince Ace to take her out to sea. And yet, when the events of Chapter 1 drove home the fact that Shanks was not going to take Luffy with him and how unprepared Luffy was for the reality of life at sea, he did not give up on becoming a pirate and/or start looking for another ship... Instead, Luffy doubled down - he vowed to make himself ready, because he WILL become a pirate and he WILL go out to sea and have his adventure.

O-tama now knows Ace is dead - he's never going to come back and take her away on an adventure with him. And yet, even after learning that, Tama has repeatedly referred to herself as a kunoichi (mostly through her team-up with Momonosuke). It seems fairly plain to me that, even if it started as a means to an end, it isn't a dream that Tama has given up on or de-prioritized. While I'm not sure she's reached the same kind of "I'm not ready yet" stage that Luffy did after Shanks became all lopsided, everything about O-tama indicates to me that she's decided on her path and is committed to it - she WANTS to become a kunoichi. And, to my mind, that necessitates training that she has not had yet, which means a mentor (Raizo, Shinobu, etc.), which means a strong likelihood of a few more years minimum in Wano.

I would put absolutely everyone in Big Mom's care. Totland is a Paradise for New World standards (and certain Government-ruled regions). The only real downside is the fact that Big Mom won't let you leave once joined and of course her random rampages. But those factors will be easily resolved once the arc is done and she comes to terms with her childhood memories. At least I'm convinced that's where she's heading right now as a character. She won't remain an antagonist for much longer, she won't be a major obstacle in the big war.

As for Tama, it's 50:50 for me. Either we get a boring repeat of Luffy telling Tama to wait a bit on Wano, again mimicking Ace, or Big Mom invites her to experience Totland for a bit (obviously with the option to leave at any point). She gets to see the world, is under the protection of a Yonkou, in Yonkou territory. That's a reasonable conclusion, especially with her already flipping out at the sight of an apple.

Think of it as a child visiting an amusement park.
    Even at her most benign, Linlin is a deeply troubled individual. Her strength is monstrous, she has a habit of using it to force her will on others (beating a wild animal until it willingly serves as a mount), and while generally good-natured, she is capable of wild mood swings when things do not go her way. We also have no idea whether her "Food Rage" mode is something she is even capable of keeping in check, which makes her a constant threat to those around her. Her family and crew, for better or worse, are used to dealing with it, but that doesn't make it safe. Add in the many twisted personalities amongst Big Mom's children and, even if a Totland ruled by "Good Linlin" could be considered safer than one ruled by "Bad Linlin", I still wouldn't call it safe.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Add in the many twisted personalities amongst Big Mom's children and, even if a Totland ruled by "Good Linlin" could be considered safer than one ruled by "Bad Linlin", I still wouldn't call it safe.
    Tama mindcontrols people into betraying and fighting their comrades. She will fit right in Big Mom's group of freak children.

Seriously it will be fine. As always, once the tension is resolved even the biggest freaks become tame and likeable in One Piece. Just look at Brulee.

The idea is that Tama obviously won't get exactly what she wants (living the life of a pirate on a pirate ship) but a trip to Totland as some sort of consolation price instead. Think of it as a post war "feel good" moment after the party is over.
    I would expect the feel good to be her and her master eating until they are too full and having fun with Momo like a normal kid instead of being persecutated. Then when Luffy is leaving you get a side by side shot to see how Luffy is living up to his big bro.

I believe until now we only saw people leave family to accomplish their dreams. If the goal is a consolation price I feel living with the people she loves with new friends(like horse lady) in a happier and magical Wano makes more sense especially when you can easily pull the heartstring with the dead brother parallel when Ace it was in a shitty country but Luffy leaves her in confort and company while also reminding her the dead brother. But this disagreement is fairly pointless. I just wanted to share my view on it.

I think they will get 2 more members, since Brook is the 8th one to join proves that the ships and Vivi doesnt counts as crewmembers, and as everyone knows Luffy wants 10 crewmembers. However I can imagine it will be hard to give everyone of the members enough screen time and development and its feels like it just at it limit right now. Though I think Oda should be able to pull it of nicely.

I for one would like the crew to be completed when they are going in to the new world, just so that nobody joins too late and I think it will still be 10volumes + before they go to the New world and it would be something new to get 2 members at once as long as it doesnt feel too rushed.

As for the new crewmembers... I think it will be one woman and one man, and this time let the woman be "different". Back at Water 7 i always wanted a Flying fishwoman to join and to act as some sort of scout since she can both fly and swim and for fightning why not some kind of special fishman martial arts along with fishman gadgets.

And for the other one someone who fought with devilpowered items would be nice, almost like a beastmaster or a pokemontrainer with one or several items that has zoan powers.

OR another suggestion could be a logia user to join, however the power shouldnt be that strong, maybe like the weakest of the logias... A tree/plant logia would be something.

ABut the positions I think Oda will make up some that is important in the One piece world, like the archaeologist is.
    apparently I wanted a monster tamer/ beast master type of character to join ever since 2008, maybe I am biased after all

Tama can be given ninja scrolls to master herself.

Like how Naruto mastered his Shadow Clone jutsu.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Do you guys think when Croc and Moria come back into the story they’ll be allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Do you guys think when Croc and Moria come back into the story they’ll be allies?
    Doubtful... In my mind, the most I can see from either of them is a short-term, Marineford/Stampede-style "Enemy of My Enemy" team up where it's mutually understood that they won't hesitate to stab the Strawhats in the back once their personal goals have been achieved.

I'd say Moria's slightly more likely to do so in this regard, given his recent history with Blackbeard, but we don't have the slightest inclination what Crocodile's been up to...

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Doubtful... In my mind, the most I can see from either of them is a short-term, Marineford/Stampede-style "Enemy of My Enemy" team up where it's mutually understood that they won't hesitate to stab the Strawhats in the back once their personal goals have been achieved.

I'd say Moria's slightly more likely to do so in this regard, given his recent history with Blackbeard, but we don't have the slightest inclination what Crocodile's been up to...
    So an uneasy alliance like the straw hats had with Capone Bege and his crew?

Of course Crocodile will be an ally, please.

He became the biggest tsundere in the series during Marineford, used as the prime example of Luffy's special ability to make a friend out of anyone. "The most dangerous ability on the seas", and Croc got hit by that. Hard.

Moriah is a different case, but Crocodile is going to be an allied captain during the final war. Not part of the grand fleet, but an allied captain. The captain of the Tsundere Pirates.

I'll be annoyed at the end of next year if Moria ISN'T involved in this Kaidou fight somehow. Kaidou slaughtered his entire crew and broke him, Moria needs to be in on dealing with him.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I'll be annoyed at the end of next year if Moria ISN'T involved in this Kaidou fight somehow. Kaidou slaughtered his entire crew and broke him, Moria needs to be in on dealing with him.
    Moria's role in the future is good to keep in mind. 2 things that has to be dealt with first. The death of a crewmate and Teach's offer.

Did he accept Teach's offer or did he lash out, lose and Teach let him escape? If Moria took Teach's offer, is what Teach after (what he wants to get to b4 the WG) aligned with what's in Wano or somewhere else? Or would Teach just send a couple captains with Moria to mess with Kaido?

Then there's the possibility that he didn't take up Teach's offer. Leaving with possibly 1 less crewmate (is Absalom done or will Moria use his own shadow on him) makes it difficult to just go and attack Kaido. Especially knowing that Moria was working hard and long on making the perfect response to his lose to Kaido. Desperation can cause him to take advantage of the moment and go after Kaido anyway. In this possibility, Teach, Kaido and the WG have disrespected him in some capacity. Luffy is an offender, but not on the same level as any of those 3. Also, there's Perona who's grown a little fond of Zoro. Maybe she can help him keep things in perspective. The funny part is that he doesn't know for a fact that she was going to abandon him. All he possibly knows is that she was possibly defeated and never heard from again.

Of course Crocodile will be an ally, please.

He became the biggest tsundere in the series during Marineford, used as the prime example of Luffy's special ability to make a friend out of anyone. "The most dangerous ability on the seas", and Croc got hit by that. Hard.

Moriah is a different case, but Crocodile is going to be an allied captain during the final war. Not part of the grand fleet, but an allied captain. The captain of the Tsundere Pirates.
    The only thing that would make this better is if Doflamingo breaks out of impel down and teams up with Black Beard and Croc and Doffy finish there Beef they had at Marine Ford and get in an epic fight

I mean there has to be a reason Oda made them clash at Marineford, there’s always a reason with Oda

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There are so many dead samurai loyal to momonosuke, like the ones that attacked onigashima some years ago but failed, it's like they are begging for moria to turn them into zombies so they can help fight beast pirates in the war but also help with bm pirates. And undead ryuuuma and dead oden zombies helping in the war would be something… ryuuma even wielding his sword that zoro gave back to wano. Zombie oden will wield the sword of momonosuke. Yasu will be there too. Also with the ghosts of the past thing they talked about early on that fits.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; December 5th, 2019 at 11:03 AM.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

IMO I hope the SH's take an animal from Wano, like the flaming lion, to be part of the crew. They lack an animal companion and Chopper doesn't count.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    The only thing that would make this better is if Doflamingo breaks out of impel down and teams up with Black Beard and Croc and Doffy finish there Beef they had at Marine Ford and get in an epic fight

I mean there has to be a reason Oda made them clash at Marineford, there’s always a reason with Oda
    All the fangirls who ship Crocodile and Doflamingo together would love this. If Oda wants to attract more female readers,thats a good choice to make. I love both Croco and Doffy and i loved their brief fight in Marineford,so i would love this.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    There are so many dead samurai loyal to momonosuke, like the ones that attacked onigashima some years ago but failed, it's like they are begging for moria to turn them into zombies so they can help fight beast pirates in the war but also help with bm pirates. And undead ryuuuma and dead oden zombies helping in the war would be something… ryuuma even wielding his sword that zoro gave back to wano. Zombie oden will wield the sword of momonosuke. Yasu will be there too.
    This scenario reminds me of the final war in Naruto. By the way it would be cool if Mora will be in Wano.
    Last edited by NamiRobinFrankyAce; December 5th, 2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    There are so many dead samurai loyal to momonosuke, like the ones that attacked onigashima some years ago but failed, it's like they are begging for moria to turn them into zombies so they can help fight beast pirates in the war but also help with bm pirates. And undead ryuuuma and dead oden zombies helping in the war would be something… ryuuma even wielding his sword that zoro gave back to wano. Zombie oden will wield the sword of momonosuke. Yasu will be there too.
    That sounds kind of cool, though I don't know if I want to see flashback mentors/heroes come back from the dead. Also Ryuuma's body is gone if I remember correctly. Not even corpse left over after Zoro lit him on fire.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information