View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 2.93%
  • Carrot

108 35.18%
  • Caribou

12 3.91%
  • Momo

10 3.26%
  • Kinemon

9 2.93%
  • Hiyori

4 1.30%
  • Bonney

9 2.93%
  • Pekoms

5 1.63%
  • Vivi

26 8.47%
  • Kawamatsu

16 5.21%
  • None of the above

99 32.25%
Closed Thread
Page 169 of 404 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 8073

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Okay so now that the official translation is out.

lemme first say; LMAO AT THE DEAD OF PEDRO BEING TOLD OFFSCREEN AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN.

Ok now, that short scene with both their tombs was pretty symbolic to me, it's the two people dead for facing up against Orochi and Perospero, whom are both loyal to Kaido and BM respectively, bot yonkos that are not only present in the current arc, but allied in it.

Makes Pedro's death much less questionable to me, they both are getting much better tombs once the war is over, which would be a massive symbolism of the great relationship between the Wanokunians and the Minks, and their loyalty to the Kozuki clan that they both ultimately died for.

it also kinda looked like Carrot and O-toko share more o less the same relevance to the story. both the ones that suffered the most to their deaths, both uncapable of joining the SHs.

So, Oda denied us the SH reunion at the end of arc 2, but with the crew departing to Onigashima on their own ship it's impossible to keep delaying that: the SH should finally be all together (for the first time in six years) in the next chapters.

I wonder what that means for Jinbe, though. Are we to expect him to finally arrive in Wano in a few chapters and be there when the crew finally rejoins?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

lemme first say; LMAO AT THE DEAD OF PEDRO BEING TOLD OFFSCREEN AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN.

Ok now, that short scene with both their tombs was pretty symbolic to me, it's the two people dead for facing up against Orochi and Perospero, whom are both loyal to Kaido and BM respectively, bot yonkos that are not only present in the current arc, but allied in it.

Makes Pedro's death much less questionable to me, they both are getting much better tombs once the war is over, which would be a massive symbolism of the great relationship between the Wanokunians and the Minks, and their loyalty to the Kozuki clan that they both ultimately died for.

it also kinda looked like Carrot and O-toko share more o less the same relevance to the story. both the ones that suffered the most to their deaths, both uncapable of joining the SHs.
    I'll be a skeptic until the day OP ends

You never know what last minute bullshit Oda will pull

The fact that Yasu died for real with almost zero build-up (the guy got killed almost literally a chapter after we started learning what his deal is)really makes all those deaths more likely retroactively. Specially when it comes to Pedro since his death was handled fairly similarly and had a comparable amount of drama, with people crying, having flashbacks about what a great guy he was, hearing his last words, getting angry and attacking someone,etc... although in his case it was Carrot doing all of those instead of a lot of different people. And now he even gets a grave next to him.

Granted, this is also similar to the way Pell was handled. But I've read somewhere that Oda DID intend to kill Pell but changed his mind at the last minute because he didn't want to end Alabasta with that sad note. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then that says a lot about the way he actually handles death scenes: namely that it's no different than when it is a fake-out. It's not Oda sparing characters, it's Oda bringing them back if he feels like, even though they were actually supposed to be dead.

Carrot did not suffer the most, rather she was simply there to immediately witness the death.
    Or let me rephrase that, if Oda intended for that to be the case, he did a really poor piss job of underlining it.
    Wanda is the one crying, Sicilian is the one that seems to desire revenge, Carrot seems to have accepted it and gained whatever she could from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Carrot did not suffer the most, rather she was simply there to immediately witness the death.
    Or let me rephrase that, if Oda intended for that to be the case, he did a really poor piss job of underlining it.
    Wanda is the one crying, Sicilian is the one that seems to desire revenge, Carrot seems to have accepted it and gained whatever she could from the experience.
    Wot?

How u even compare one panel of Wanda with literally one tear to Carrot's rage drama diva...

She sobbed a lot, even when they already escaped she had to be comforted by Sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So, Oda denied us the SH reunion at the end of arc 2, but with the crew departing to Onigashima on their own ship it's impossible to keep delaying that: the SH should finally be all together (for the first time in six years) in the next chapters.

I wonder what that means for Jinbe, though. Are we to expect him to finally arrive in Wano in a few chapters and be there when the crew finally rejoins?
    Jinbe fucking should be there! Enough postponing already

I dunno, I think Jinbe's entrance is going to be more climatic than that. I know people have been saying he was the reason Oda has been post-poning the reunion, but maybe he just wanted it to happen on the Sunny. At this point everyone has already met each other separately, so don't expect a lot of emotion or drama. It's just a matter of getting the cool spread with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    But I've read somewhere that Oda DID intend to kill Pell but changed his mind at the last minute because he didn't want to end Alabasta with that sad note. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then that says a lot about the way he actually handles death scenes: namely that it's no different than when it is a fake-out. It's not Oda sparing characters, it's Oda bringing them back if he feels like, even though they were actually supposed to be dead.
    Citation needed.

Anyway, if Pedro's death is legit, as it seems to be, Oda reeeeeally dropped the ball on it when it happened which is a super rare miss for him.

Still will have zero shocks when he's alive at the end of all the Big Mom stuff (maybe Elbaf, not Wano) and shows up with Pekoms in a surprise Hero moment.
    Last edited by Robby; September 14th, 2019 at 04:54 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Citation needed.
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

"Basically I don't kill any characters because I wish the readers to feel satisfied after an arc ended." Asahi Evening Newspaper (26 November 1999)

I'm pretty sure that's the original quote that I was thinking about. I'm not sure why I thought it was about Pell specifally (It's impossible, that's from before it happened.) Probably someone brought it up in some discussion about the whole Pell debacle long ago and my brain was mixing facts with opinions or interpretations that people must have been throwing around back then.

Looking for this I also learned that another thing that people throw around to explain it is 9/11.

Yeah, his longstanding policy of not killing goes way back. That has nothing to do with "changing his mind" about Pell.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Citation needed.

Anyway, if Pedro's death is legit, as it seems to be, Oda reeeeeally dropped the ball on it when it happened which is a super rare miss for him.
    I barely paid any mind to the character which is why I been like; really.. he dead.. jeh ok. Whoever this guy was.

So maybe, is not on Oda but us for not considerig him of any relevance at all.
    Still will have zero shocks when he's alive at the end of all the Big Mom stuff (maybe Elbaf, not Wano) and shows up with Pekoms in a surprise Hero moment.
    Ugh no... Big Mom's chase is turning way too cartonish already, to have her follow Luffy into anooother island still!!

Whole cake>Cacao island>Wano>Elbaf>The Moon>Mariejois>Laugh Tale.
    And the Big Mom chase goes on!!!

Wot?

How u even compare one panel of Wanda with literally one tear to Carrot's rage drama diva...

She sobbed a lot, even when they already escaped she had to be comforted by Sanji.
    Because they witnessed it and were shocked. Same goes for the Strawhats, Luffy was shocked, Nami was crying and so on, Luffy and Jinbe were the ones who made them snap out of it, and when Brook and Chopper came to after getting rid of the candy, this is how they looked and reacted. Same way Carrot did, despite having met him just recently.
    But it did not last, none of them think about it at this point, and Carrots supposed relation to Pedro was slammed in in the last moment.

At least Wanda and Sicilian do not get over it immediately, its been long since they learned about it.

We don't really know what kind of relationship those two had with Pedro. Maybe he had a Zoro/Sanji thing going on with Sicilian and him and Wanda were an item or something.

In any case it doesn't really matter because if Oda wanted to do something with that, then they'd have been the ones witnessing his death. So if anyone gets a grudge match against Perospero or something along those lines is obviously going to be Carrot, even if their relationship isn't all that clear either (The flashback she had after he died didn't really imply they were particularly close. It was only later when she mentioned that he taught her Sulong that we could guess it was some kind of mentor/disciple thing. But that hasn't really been confirmed nor elaborated upon.). You could even argue that confrontation was already kinda set up back in WCI.

Carrot was trying to console Sanji, but still crying at the end of the arc tho

Ugh no... Big Mom's chase is turning way too cartonish already, to have her follow Luffy into anooother island still!!

Whole cake>Cacao island>Wano>Elbaf>The Moon>Mariejois>Laugh Tale.
    And the Big Mom chase goes on!!!
    Well she's still got a wedding with Loki, Elbaf witnesses of whatever happened to mother Carmel, past with Lola that doesn't add up (who Capone is looking for in cover stories RIGHT NOW), everything with Sanji and Pudding, dozens of victims we need to see the fate of, and the whole "she ain't that bad when she has amnesia" thing..

She's got a lot of story stuff wrapped into Elbaf already that doesn't make sense or fit into Wano. So she's probably got one more stop after this. It may not be to "chase Luffy".

Discovered Stowaway

Well she's still got a wedding with Loki, Elbaf witnesses of whatever happened to mother Carmel, past with Lola that doesn't add up (who Capone is looking for in cover stories RIGHT NOW), everything with Sanji and Pudding, dozens of victims we need to see the fate of, and the whole "she ain't that bad when she has amnesia" thing..

She's got a lot of story stuff wrapped into Elbaf already that doesn't make sense or fit into Wano. So she's probably got one more stop after this. It may not be to "chase Luffy".
    That's kind of where my thinking is. Besides, there's got to be more going on with her and Kaido's crews if there's going to be a big three-way battle between their pirate/underworld alliances, the Revolutionaries and their allied nations, and the combined Marine forces.

I wonder if the Donquixote pirates are still in Dressrosa.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I wonder if the Donquixote pirates are still in Dressrosa.
    Nah, they were all arrested by the marines. They should be in Impel Down alongside Doffy. But maybe they escaped during Jack's attack or something. I'm still waiting for their cover story.

Oh, also, Lola might have married Lucky Roux from Shank's crew. So that might be a thing of some import.

Closed Thread

Thread Information