View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

8 4.52%
  • Carrot

56 31.64%
  • Caribou

10 5.65%
  • Momo

0 0%
  • Kinemon

1 0.56%
  • Hiyori

3 1.69%
  • Bonney

7 3.95%
  • Pekoms

4 2.26%
  • Vivi

16 9.04%
  • Kawamatsu

12 6.78%
  • None of the above

60 33.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3380

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

How?
    https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/786/8
    https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/786/15
    https://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/787/5

B
    urgess wants to kill them on the spot and take their powers. Blackbeard isn't anywhere near them.
    Blackbeard just knows things about Devil Fruits that other pirates don't. How did he know he could have two powers at once? He has some knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Brook's is a weird though because it is *specifically* a one time resurrection fruit. It gets around the usual death clause by its very nature. Brook's is made further weird because he was seperated from his body while it decomposed. He was supposed to get back up immediately, not much later. As a result, he might be effectively immortal now, or he might have a damage limit, or his fruit might have already resurfaced somewhere while still working on him.

He's an anomaly unusual case, and not what we should be basing anything else on.

Then you get to things like Law's fruit where apparently it has a "if you sacrifice yourself you can make someone else immortal" application, so....

Our only *true* examples of the phenomenom are Ceaser's experiment where it died, and then went to a nearby fruit immediately, (but that was a controlled experimental use with an explosion) and Ace, where he 100% died and the fruit resurfaced... somewhere. We don't know exactly how it worked with WHitebeard or what Blackbeard did to him, how fresh the death had to be, or any of that.
    Yes this, thank you.

That Burgess thought he could kill Luffy and get his fruit seems to indicate there's just a trick to it, not that he needs Blackbeard's help to do it. Or if BB was needed, it would work with a days old corpse but that doesn't really gel with what we saw at Punk hazard.
    This is what I'm getting at with Absalom being the perfect subject to explain what Blackbeard is doing: The state of the body is important. Smiley didn't just die, he evaporated on the spot. The fruit had no stable anchor anymore and thus left the moment of death.

Different case was Whitebeard, where the Gura Fruit remained in his corpse for quite some time before Blackbeard threw the blanket over him to do *whatever*.

So in theory Burgess could kill Luffy and Sabo and then just drag the dead body to Blackbeard to stop the fruit-power from escaping uncontrolled, assuming that there is a somewhat reasonable time limit (like a day or two, maybe based on how much damage the body had to sustain).

And Absalom, the guy who is a unique mingle-mangle of dead bodies, could lose his fruit without dying because he was never a stable anchor to begin with. Of course he wouldn't lose his fruit by sneezing, but being in a near fatal state + Blackbeard's trick? Sure.

Lastly, the above could also be the lead-in to explain Blackbeard's weird body and how he can host two Devil Fruits. Physique seems to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    You get control over your soul. You're not supposed to get up immediately. The soul comes back from the afterlife and has to find it's body. https://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/443/7
    He still has control over his soul, so no the fruit is still active. He'll probably die when his skeleton is destroyed or burned.
    He's the perfect example how devil fruits work.
    It explicitly says "If I had returned to my body immediately, I would have been resurrected." That's how its supposed to work, that's how its documented from its previous users. Brook is a weird edge case where it went wonky and is maybe working differently than it should in that its also giving him fake organs..

If it was typically a complete conrtol of your soul fruit and not a fluke, one would assume that the previous user (and there HAD to be a previous because they knew what it did) could have just coming back every time they died. There's normally some kind of limit on the fruit, and Brook makes it weird since his fake organs mean there's no way to tell if he'd die a second or third or eighth time or what exactly it would now take to trigger the fruit working again or leaving.

It has also long begged the question "what happens if Blackbeard uses his nullifying power on Brook" but that seems like something we're not going to ever see unless the effect is reversable.

It's similar to how Buggy is just straight up immune to cutting, not even Haki blade Mihawk could hurt him by cutting, but any blunt or explosive damage gets him. It has some sort of limit.

Just like Big Mom's fruit can take away your lifespan, with the Op Op no Mi you can sacrifice your own soul and grant someone immortality.
    Big Mom's fruit probably can't add lifespan only take it.
    She took out one of her kids early in the arc, Moscato? and he was left for dead. The other children ordered all his rampant soul bits be gathered up, and he was fine by the end of the arc.

Plus that she's able to put soul into random objects, take it out, then put it in other objects suggests she can do the same with people. Not to mention she takes out pieces of her *own* soul to make Incarnations and Homies, doesn't seem like something she'd do if she was permanently taking life away from herself whenever she did that. It does have the limit that it can't be put into living things though, but we don't know what the conditions are if its your own energy being returned or if Moscato is just 40 years closer to death now.

It seems like a real Oda move to allow it to be returned though. That'll let him cheat with a LOT of tragedy in arcs to come.
    Last edited by Robby; September 11th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Blackbeard used that black cloth to enter a trance so he could summon the spirit of the Tremor Tremor fruit, inspired by real-world shamanistic practices throughout Asia IMO

https://www.pbs.org/splithorn/shamanism1.html

Blackbeard can basically commune with and manipulate spirits; such is the power of the three-eyed tribe. Needless to say, it affords him a lot of intel that the majority of others aren't privy to.

That moon looming Teach in his childhood portrait? That's no moon....it's the eye of a lingering spirit staring right at him, with young Teach doing his best trying to ignore it.

He was basically haunted by and eventually partnered up with a bugbear/bogeyman kinda like this guy named Backbeard from the classic Gegege no Kitaro manga

https://gegegenokitaro.fandom.com/wiki/Backbeard

I'm guessing this thing's riding around in Blackbeard's head, probably attached in the form of a third eye or face on the back of Blackbeard's head, Voldemort style. Possibly more than one too, with another implanted in his back - a reference to the tall tales of various torso-faced creatures related by sailors back in the day. What's more, it's these guys and not Boa Hancock that the legends of the back-eyed gorgons were based on; the Marshall family in general were probably all born with Voldemorts sprouting off random portions of their bodies.

Also, legend has it Blackbeard's body was seen swimming around his ship after he was executed by means of decapitation...so I wouldn't be surprised to see Oda reference this bit of fantastic BB lore by depicting a scene wherein Blackbeard gets his head lopped off....only for his body to move on its own whilst his gums keep flapping thanks his body being inhabited by one or two of these things, thus keeping him alive and granting his torso and head semi-autonomous control if split. It's also how he can eat more than one devil fruit.

It's a spin the classic parasitic sibling theory, just with possession by evil spirits thrown into the mix.

That's my theory anyways

That eye caught me off guard

I was thinking about this whole DF theory that got mentioned in the sbs, and I do find it weird that Tamas df hasnt been named yet, while we got Shinobus, Queens, Kings and Orochis fruits named, and they were introduced after Tama.

Can't wait Tama to join

Her ninja skills are NW level already and she will have Pokeballs with her to store some beasts she can tame to fight for her

Similar as Shirahoshi supporters back than where she should have been the ship puller and summon sea Kings to fight for her.

Hey or they both should summon Sanji for the fighting

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Can't wait Tama to join

Her ninja skills are NW level already and she will have Pokeballs with her to store some beasts she can tame to fight for her

Similar as Shirahoshi supporters back than where she should have been the ship puller and summon sea Kings to fight for her.

Hey or they both should summon Sanji for the fighting
    They wouldn't need Shirahoshi to be the ship puller with Jimbei on board. If they were going to have someone native to Fishman Island on the Straw Hats crew, it was going to be him and no one else.

I wouldn't mind a Tama spin-off at the end of the series with her going on a Pokemon style adventure but not during this proper story timeline.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Okay so now that the official translation is out.

lemme first say; LMAO AT THE DEAD OF PEDRO BEING TOLD OFFSCREEN AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN.

Ok now, that short scene with both their tombs was pretty symbolic to me, it's the two people dead for facing up against Orochi and Perospero, whom are both loyal to Kaido and BM respectively, bot yonkos that are not only present in the current arc, but allied in it.

Makes Pedro's death much less questionable to me, they both are getting much better tombs once the war is over, which would be a massive symbolism of the great relationship between the Wanokunians and the Minks, and their loyalty to the Kozuki clan that they both ultimately died for.

it also kinda looked like Carrot and O-toko share more o less the same relevance to the story. both the ones that suffered the most to their deaths, both uncapable of joining the SHs.

So, Oda denied us the SH reunion at the end of arc 2, but with the crew departing to Onigashima on their own ship it's impossible to keep delaying that: the SH should finally be all together (for the first time in six years) in the next chapters.

I wonder what that means for Jinbe, though. Are we to expect him to finally arrive in Wano in a few chapters and be there when the crew finally rejoins?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

lemme first say; LMAO AT THE DEAD OF PEDRO BEING TOLD OFFSCREEN AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN.

Ok now, that short scene with both their tombs was pretty symbolic to me, it's the two people dead for facing up against Orochi and Perospero, whom are both loyal to Kaido and BM respectively, bot yonkos that are not only present in the current arc, but allied in it.

Makes Pedro's death much less questionable to me, they both are getting much better tombs once the war is over, which would be a massive symbolism of the great relationship between the Wanokunians and the Minks, and their loyalty to the Kozuki clan that they both ultimately died for.

it also kinda looked like Carrot and O-toko share more o less the same relevance to the story. both the ones that suffered the most to their deaths, both uncapable of joining the SHs.
    I'll be a skeptic until the day OP ends

You never know what last minute bullshit Oda will pull

The fact that Yasu died for real with almost zero build-up (the guy got killed almost literally a chapter after we started learning what his deal is)really makes all those deaths more likely retroactively. Specially when it comes to Pedro since his death was handled fairly similarly and had a comparable amount of drama, with people crying, having flashbacks about what a great guy he was, hearing his last words, getting angry and attacking someone,etc... although in his case it was Carrot doing all of those instead of a lot of different people. And now he even gets a grave next to him.

Granted, this is also similar to the way Pell was handled. But I've read somewhere that Oda DID intend to kill Pell but changed his mind at the last minute because he didn't want to end Alabasta with that sad note. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then that says a lot about the way he actually handles death scenes: namely that it's no different than when it is a fake-out. It's not Oda sparing characters, it's Oda bringing them back if he feels like, even though they were actually supposed to be dead.

Carrot did not suffer the most, rather she was simply there to immediately witness the death.
    Or let me rephrase that, if Oda intended for that to be the case, he did a really poor piss job of underlining it.
    Wanda is the one crying, Sicilian is the one that seems to desire revenge, Carrot seems to have accepted it and gained whatever she could from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Carrot did not suffer the most, rather she was simply there to immediately witness the death.
    Or let me rephrase that, if Oda intended for that to be the case, he did a really poor piss job of underlining it.
    Wanda is the one crying, Sicilian is the one that seems to desire revenge, Carrot seems to have accepted it and gained whatever she could from the experience.
    Wot?

How u even compare one panel of Wanda with literally one tear to Carrot's rage drama diva...

She sobbed a lot, even when they already escaped she had to be comforted by Sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So, Oda denied us the SH reunion at the end of arc 2, but with the crew departing to Onigashima on their own ship it's impossible to keep delaying that: the SH should finally be all together (for the first time in six years) in the next chapters.

I wonder what that means for Jinbe, though. Are we to expect him to finally arrive in Wano in a few chapters and be there when the crew finally rejoins?
    Jinbe fucking should be there! Enough postponing already

I dunno, I think Jinbe's entrance is going to be more climatic than that. I know people have been saying he was the reason Oda has been post-poning the reunion, but maybe he just wanted it to happen on the Sunny. At this point everyone has already met each other separately, so don't expect a lot of emotion or drama. It's just a matter of getting the cool spread with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    But I've read somewhere that Oda DID intend to kill Pell but changed his mind at the last minute because he didn't want to end Alabasta with that sad note. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then that says a lot about the way he actually handles death scenes: namely that it's no different than when it is a fake-out. It's not Oda sparing characters, it's Oda bringing them back if he feels like, even though they were actually supposed to be dead.
    Citation needed.

Anyway, if Pedro's death is legit, as it seems to be, Oda reeeeeally dropped the ball on it when it happened which is a super rare miss for him.

Still will have zero shocks when he's alive at the end of all the Big Mom stuff (maybe Elbaf, not Wano) and shows up with Pekoms in a surprise Hero moment.
    Last edited by Robby; September 14th, 2019 at 04:54 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Citation needed.
    http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

"Basically I don't kill any characters because I wish the readers to feel satisfied after an arc ended." Asahi Evening Newspaper (26 November 1999)

I'm pretty sure that's the original quote that I was thinking about. I'm not sure why I thought it was about Pell specifally (It's impossible, that's from before it happened.) Probably someone brought it up in some discussion about the whole Pell debacle long ago and my brain was mixing facts with opinions or interpretations that people must have been throwing around back then.

Looking for this I also learned that another thing that people throw around to explain it is 9/11.

Yeah, his longstanding policy of not killing goes way back. That has nothing to do with "changing his mind" about Pell.

Citation needed.

Anyway, if Pedro's death is legit, as it seems to be, Oda reeeeeally dropped the ball on it when it happened which is a super rare miss for him.
    I barely paid any mind to the character which is why I been like; really.. he dead.. jeh ok. Whoever this guy was.

So maybe, is not on Oda but us for not considerig him of any relevance at all.
    Still will have zero shocks when he's alive at the end of all the Big Mom stuff (maybe Elbaf, not Wano) and shows up with Pekoms in a surprise Hero moment.
    Ugh no... Big Mom's chase is turning way too cartonish already, to have her follow Luffy into anooother island still!!

Whole cake>Cacao island>Wano>Elbaf>The Moon>Mariejois>Laugh Tale.
    And the Big Mom chase goes on!!!

Wot?

How u even compare one panel of Wanda with literally one tear to Carrot's rage drama diva...

She sobbed a lot, even when they already escaped she had to be comforted by Sanji.
    Because they witnessed it and were shocked. Same goes for the Strawhats, Luffy was shocked, Nami was crying and so on, Luffy and Jinbe were the ones who made them snap out of it, and when Brook and Chopper came to after getting rid of the candy, this is how they looked and reacted. Same way Carrot did, despite having met him just recently.
    But it did not last, none of them think about it at this point, and Carrots supposed relation to Pedro was slammed in in the last moment.

At least Wanda and Sicilian do not get over it immediately, its been long since they learned about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information