View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

4 2.63%
  • Carrot

45 29.61%
  • Caribou

9 5.92%
  • Momo

0 0%
  • Kinemon

1 0.66%
  • Hiyori

3 1.97%
  • Bonney

7 4.61%
  • Pekoms

3 1.97%
  • Vivi

15 9.87%
  • Kawamatsu

11 7.24%
  • None of the above

54 35.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 158 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3141

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Let's not forget they casted Megumi Hayashibara for Rebecca. But I think it's fair to assume she's a major character that will get plenty of screentime during the arc at least. And Komurasaki is voiced by Nana Mizuki. She's pretty high-profile too, right ?
    I cant pretend I know everything about VAs, so I wont. xD

However, while a high profile VA might not mean that much, a low profile VA would make her seem less likely to join.

Isnīt every "major character for at least an arc" supposed to have a high profile VA.
    Especially in Japan, where i would guess itīs a great honor to be part of this huge franchise.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That line of argument hardly works when Oda let Robin join, a character whose strength literally overshadowed both Sanji and Zoro, who had a higher bounty than Zoro for two arcs and higher than Sanji until Zou.

And regarding appearance, both Sanji and Zoro fit the traditional badass looking mofos, so Jinbe looking monstrous and serious? Yep no issue.

If you do not like these things, different issue, but argument against Jinbe? They are not.
    Well it depends on what your response is being directed at.

At this point, there are no arguments against Jinbe because Luffy says he's his captain. Which means Jinbe isn't a rule-breaker, he's a rule-maker now. If for whatever reason fans assumed that 'no Strawhat should be able to breathe underwater' then Jinbe is not simply the exception to the rule, he is the rule. That's kinda how it all works with each new Strawhat member.

In terms of his monstrous look, I think I made my case pretty clear that it's purely opinion. I mean, even personal feeling aside, Jinbei was not very high on polls until recently. He went underlooked for years, and few people really would have expected and discussed him as a crewmember. It's only in retrospect and analyzing that we get a better understanding of what it means to be a Strawhat. And even then, I don't think it's ever as simple as we see it or expect it to be.

I still think he looks monstrous, despite what Oda feels is appropriate as a design. I think Jinbei's design is definitely cool as a character and as a Shichibukai, but I do think he clashes with some of the other characters.
    Last edited by Triceron; July 10th, 2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well it depends on what your response is being directed at.

At this point, there are no arguments against Jinbe because Luffy says he's his captain. Which means Jinbe isn't a rule-breaker, he's a rule-maker now. If for whatever reason fans assumed that 'no Strawhat should be able to breathe underwater' then Jinbe is not simply the exception to the rule, he is the rule. That's kinda how it all works with each new Strawhat member.

In terms of his monstrous look, I think I made my case pretty clear that it's purely opinion. I mean, even personal feeling aside, Jinbei was not very high on polls until recently. He went underlooked for years, and few people really would have expected and discussed him as a crewmember. It's only in retrospect and analyzing that we get a better understanding of what it means to be a Strawhat. And even then, I don't think it's ever as simple as we see it or expect it to be.

I still think he looks monstrous, despite what Oda feels is appropriate as a design. I think Jinbei's design is definitely cool as a character and as a Shichibukai, but I do think he clashes with some of the other characters.
    Thatīs not the issue, i mean that even without the confirmation in the manga, these are not arguments against him considering he is not the first one to represent those aspects, like i said, happened before, so in that sense, he is not a rulemaker.
    He is certainly the first one whose relationship with Luffy has been built up over several different arcs, yet his joining has been dragged on until this point, and if people interpret this as something that suggest he is not ultimately joining, i canīt dispute that at this point, since i really have no idea where Oda is going with this, but thatīs really the only thing objectively legitimate at this point that differentiates him from the rest of the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Thatīs not the issue, i mean that even without the confirmation in the manga, these are not arguments against him considering he is not the first one to represent those aspects, like i said, happened before, so in that sense, he is not a rulemaker.
    He is certainly the first one whose relationship with Luffy has been built up over several different arcs, yet his joining has been dragged on until this point, and if people interpret this as something that suggest he is not ultimately joining, i canīt dispute that at this point, since i really have no idea where Oda is going with this, but thatīs really the only thing objectively legitimate at this point that differentiates him from the rest of the crew.
    Perhaps im still not being clear enough?

I said Jinbei is as good as joined.

I also think his design doesn't fit as a strawhat as a personal opinion, not as an argument that he is not joining.

Jinbei looks pretty adorable to me

I remember when people thought Franky and Brook were too weird looking for the crew. I remember when I used to think Robin didn't look weird enough. I was so disappointed with Jimbei's design initially and now I'm like, big fat guy with sharp teeth, blue skin in a Kimono? He's my bae and totally a Straw Hat.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ

I remember back when I thought Chopper was too damn weird to be a main character and was going to ruin everything.

Of course, I'd only seen his plushy form at the time and not his other transformation, but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Jinbe is awesome

I absolutely loved Jinbe's design from the get go. We all expected an enemy, big white shark guy with many teeth, something more similar to Hody. But fat kimono chief was always a great design. He is easily one of my top 3 strawhats

... Well I hate him.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーī)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

The best thing about Jinbe being an undeniable strawhat is I now know for sure who my least favorite strawhat will always be. Which sounds terrible, but I'm more just neutral on him while I love the others. Jinbe's basically the perfect poster character for the camp of one piece characters I have no strong feelings for, positive or negative.

Hadn't really noticed, but apparently at some point I stopped thinking of Jinbe as "Too strong and would ruin the power dynamic of the Strawhats" and started thinking of him as just "That high defense tanky big boy." He's really good at blocking and hitting really big, slow/immobile targets. Could be forgetting some moments though.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    ... Well I hate him.
    Just cause he doesn't fit into your Cali centric beauty standard

I really liked Jinbe's character from the start, and it was clear that he was inevitably heading in the direction of Nakama-hood from back in Fishman Island...

Having said that, I don't think Jinbe ever really "clicked" with me as being Strawhat material until the Totland arc... I was willing to give him a chance before, but THAT'S when Oda truly sold me on him.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

WCI was what sold me on Jinbe, too. I think it's because that's when he really got to show what he really added to the crew and how his dynamic on the ship would work.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Nonsense he'd make very beautiful poke ingredients.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーī)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Discovered Stowaway

Am I seriously the only one who thought Jimbei was a shoe-in from the time they got out of Impel Down?

Also I think his appearance works because it sets him apart as wholly unique among the other Straw Hats.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Am I seriously the only one who thought Jimbei was a shoe-in from the time they got out of Impel Down?

Also I think his appearance works because it sets him apart as wholly unique among the other Straw Hats.
    Nah, I think some people were rooting for him to join before he even got shown believe it or not

Discovered Stowaway

For me, him summoning that squadron of Whale Sharks to help ferry everyone out safely was the clincher. Knowing what we did about Fishmen already made him a highly viable candidate, and his mastery of Fishman Karate was another strong indicator. Once he showed that he went above and beyond the abilities of any other Fishman we'd seen at the time, there was no way it could have been anyone else in my eyes, and he just continued to prove himself every time we saw him from then on. I do have to admit, at first his appearance and size put me off but the second I saw him in action, he started growing on me and I could even see me calling a plushie of him 'cute' if I saw one when I go browsing through Japantown.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Or through the Sunny's doors.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information