View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

4 3.23%
  • Carrot

32 25.81%
  • Caribou

7 5.65%
  • Momo

0 0%
  • Kinemon

1 0.81%
  • Hiyori

3 2.42%
  • Bonney

6 4.84%
  • Pekoms

3 2.42%
  • Vivi

11 8.87%
  • Kawamatsu

10 8.06%
  • None of the above

47 37.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2780

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Nero Hardy View Post
    Imu San will delete the marine. After this Step, Koby will Not Working for the world gov. He join Luffy and will be the vice
    No. Marine Koby is a thing Oda has been pushing ever since early One Piece for him to just throw the idea away like that.

I've read some more recent pages and understand there's plenty working against Carrot at this point, so I'm not really curious about the "reading between the lines" reasons anymore. I definitely see enough evidence to believe she won't join at this point. I am curious on 1 thing however, so forgive me if I ask and explain my thoughts instead of read through a ton of pages looking for it.

How are people expecting Wano to end? Will we have the "celebratory party" followed by some days of recovery, preparations for travel, and just hanging out? Or an immediate exit like WCI needed?

Now my own expectations right now lean to the celebratory party and downtime scenario. Ignore the following if it's been addressed a millions times and just tell me, "How does Oda completely ignore Carrot during the downtime?" I see Carrot during this time to stay around Wanda/Inu/the majority of the Minks and helping rebuild. She'll talk with them about her time with the Strawhats, and probably be asked if she wants to keep traveling or not. I expect Carrot to hold back over guilt about Pedro and basically deny that she wants to keep traveling at the moment. However, none of that will matter once it's time to leave and Luffy/the strawhats ask her if she's coming along or not. "It was wrong of me to force myself into your journey" and "I'll hold you back and cause problems like on WCI" are invalidated by "Yeah, but we're friends now, who cares?"

"I'm staying in Wano to help rebuild" certainly can work of course, but Carrot has nowhere near the same level to need to stay behind as Vivi and Rebecca did. That explanation only feels like it'd work if Oda completely skips the time between "Party" and "Time to leave." That, or the scenario where the Strawhats have to vacate Wano almost immediately and there's no time to spend on Carrot's situation. Evidence would imply she won't join, which would force one of these scenarios, but I can't see Oda just skipping through the end of Wano so fast.

Mentions carrot once and a wikd nami debate sparks up. Ok lol
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I still don't see this deadline for Carrot to join. Especially after Jinbei taking 5+ arcs to officially join and still not being on the ship. We can all create imaginary rules and deadlines, but it doesn't matter really

when all's said and done, i hope i get a veterans discount for serving in the endless Carrot War

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    when all's said and done, i hope i get a veterans discount for serving in the endless Carrot War
    Whichever team wins gets to give the losers shit for a long ass time

I knew the war was over when they compared Carrot to Camie lol

I'm not gonna gloat tho. Just continuously ask why they thought their imaginary nakama rules and deadlines applied

dude, i just do not see it. like Carrot has been a nonfactor since the crew got to Wano. it's not like a Jimbei situation where he's somewhere else separate from the crew because he has Shit To Do (tm). i understand that there's a gap, but there's like actual plot related reasons for that. but like Carrot's here. she's in Wano, and all it would take is Oda doing like some tiny little changes to the plot to incorporate Carrot and give her literally anything. there's no reason for Carrot to have been sidelined the way she has been if she were really that important. she's just like with Inuarashi, i guess? she's not doing anything except chilling in the background or saying a quick reaction while focus on More Important Mink Inuarashi. idk i'd hope that given the opportunity, Oda would point some focus on the person who's supposed to be joining the crew at the end of the arc.

like i understand that Carrot is one of the more fleshed out side characters the series has had. but just because she has a bit more depth to her than Camie or whoever doesn't automatically mean she's crewmate. it can in fact be both, where she's a character who's had some good development while also not being positioned as the next main character.
    Last edited by JDub; June 12th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.

Where was Nami for 80% of Bariete arc? Where was she when Krieg appeared? What did Jinbei do in Zou, PH and Dressrosa?

So Camie and Kokoro weren't fleshed out enough, but that's the only difference between them and Carrot?

If there is a war, there must be ammo. I don't hear the gun shots. I'm on the field and they're afraid to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Where was Nami for 80% of Bariete arc? Where was she when Krieg appeared?
    Nami stole the Merry and all of the crews treasure because she was working for Arlong, and it was a direct lead in to the next arc with the promise that we would catch up to her and handle that problem later.

What did Jinbei do in Zou, PH and Dressrosa?
    Jimbei had a whole cover story where we saw what he was doing, and we had confirmation from him that he needed to handle things with Big Mom first before joining the crew. Unless Big Mom would have been cool with Jimbei just chillin with the Straw Hats

Like there's actually effort put into explaining why they are on the sidelines, directly tie into their individual plots, and we get the promise (either literally like with Jimbei, or narratively like Nami's departure being obvious set up for the next arc) that we will in fact see them again. And in both cases it's not like they're not doing anything, they are still characters with agency who are moving some aspect of the plot forward, be it the big-picture story, the character narratives, or sometimes both.

Carrot's just the sidekick to Duke Boy now, and has been pretty much since we first got to Wano.

So Camie and Kokoro weren't fleshed out enough, but that's the only difference between them and Carrot?
    Of course that's not the only difference, but not all side characters fill the same roles. Camie and Kokoro are supposed to be just like fun little companions and guides, there's never a whole lot of emotional weight with them. With Carrot that's obviously different, and she's had a ton more attention and depth put on her as opposed to the likes of Camie or Kokoro. But just because she's given some pathos doesn't automatically make her a member of the crew.

Where was Nami for 80% of Bariete arc?
    Very explicitly having gone off to do plot hook stuff? After having seen Arlong's wanted poster that clearly hooked into her backstory? She stole their ship and treasure, and Usopp went following after her, with the others promising to not be far behind. And she was gone for like, the length of a battle sequence, about 10 chapters. It not like she was sitting on the sidelines being ignored, she had actively left to go do something else, while still having all the plothooks in play of her hating pirates and having something she NEEDED to do..

Where was Zoro during the adventure with Gaimon?

What did Jinbei do in Zou, PH and Dressrosa?
    He was solving various ocean problems like helping a sea kitten, investigating a missing city, saving a sinking ship, reading a newspaper about the Strawhats, meeting up with Wadatsumi. having a banquet, and getting a poneglyph to to bribe Big Mom with.

It was its own cover story.

Pretty much. Kokoro saved the Stawhats in a pinch about as many times as Carrot did, they had about as much bonding time, and she was pretty close to Franky.
    Last edited by Robby; June 12th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    Nami stole the Merry and all of the crews treasure because she was working for Arlong, and it was a direct lead in to the next arc with the promise that we would catch up to her and handle that problem later.

Jimbei had a whole cover story where we saw what he was doing, and we had confirmation from him that he needed to handle things with Big Mom first before joining the crew. Unless Big Mom would have been cool with Jimbei just chillin with the Straw Hats

Like there's actually effort put into explaining why they are on the sidelines, directly tie into their individual plots, and we get the promise (either literally like with Jimbei, or narratively like Nami's departure being obvious set up for the next arc) that we will in fact see them again. And in both cases it's not like they're not doing anything, they are still characters with agency who are moving some aspect of the plot forward, be it the big-picture story, the character narratives, or sometimes both.

Carrot's just the sidekick to Duke Boy now, and has been pretty much since we first got to Wano.

Of course that's not the only difference, but not all side characters fill the same roles. Camie and Kokoro are supposed to be just like fun little companions and guides, there's never a whole lot of emotional weight with them. With Carrot that's obviously different, and she's had a ton more attention and depth put on her as opposed to the likes of Camie or Kokoro. But just because she's given some pathos doesn't automatically make her a member of the crew.
    So missing most of the arc, but knowing that they maybe addressed in the future is a thing? Just not for Carrot. Cool.

Also, the cover story wasn't until halfway through Dressrosa. PH is an arc and there was noting there. Nami was a "nonfactor" as you called it during a major arc, but did that defeat her chances?

This is the war that you guys were talking about?

Lol at the very least this guy lives up to his user name

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Feels kinda weird to have a Carrot debate when she hasn't had a line in what, five chapters, minimum? Literally, she's just a background prop at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Feels kinda weird to have a Carrot debate when she hasn't had a line in what, five chapters, minimum? Literally, she's just a background prop at the moment.
    She hasn't really been relevant at all in Wano, and I think her only line during the was in 919. Kinda disappointed Oda hasn't done more with her.

Quote Originally Posted by No Zaku View Post
    She hasn't really been relevant at all in Wano, and I think her only line during the was in 919. Kinda disappointed Oda hasn't done more with her.
    Chapter 925

How many speaking lines did Jinbei have in Dressrosa or PH?

So with that logic...

Chapter 925

How many speaking lines did Jinbei have in Dressrosa or PH?

So with that logic...
    Jinbei had a in-story reason why he wasn't there. Carrot is just plain unimportant right now.

Jinbei had a in-story reason why he wasn't there. Carrot is just plain unimportant right now.
    At least she's in the arc. Oda can't even keep Jinbei around for a full arc since FI

At least she's in the arc. Oda can't even keep Jinbei around for a full arc since FI
    And Jinbei will inevitably be in said arc, as well. Presumably in a dramatic entry.

And Jinbei will inevitably be in said arc, as well. Presumably in a dramatic entry.
    You know this for a fact right? There are signs for it. Just like there are signs that Carrot may join

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information