View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

4 3.23%
  • Carrot

32 25.81%
  • Caribou

7 5.65%
  • Momo

0 0%
  • Kinemon

1 0.81%
  • Hiyori

3 2.42%
  • Bonney

6 4.84%
  • Pekoms

3 2.42%
  • Vivi

11 8.87%
  • Kawamatsu

10 8.06%
  • None of the above

47 37.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 139 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2780

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Carrot will join on a foretop. She'll be on a watchout. She assumed this role many times since she came aboard, and now she has a dead important person (Pedro), so she is perfect for Strawhats.

Trying to find a place for myself before OJ sinks to the bottom of the ocean

Yea, that argument has been debunked in this place multiple times now lol.

Read the previous thread. That is probably the single best thing you can do if you want to bring up that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Rose View Post
    Carrot will join on a foretop. She'll be on a watchout. She assumed this role many times since she came aboard, and now she has a dead important person (Pedro), so she is perfect for Strawhats.
    I already did this and even mods got involved lol. It's obvious that these things happened and i'd love to win more debates on it

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Yea, that argument has been debunked in this place multiple times now lol.

Read the previous thread. That is probably the single best thing you can do if you want to bring up that topic.
    Just because it's been argued ad nauseam, that does not mean it has been debunked. Merely that you (and others) don't consider the argument to be convincing.

Also, the previous thread was 26000 posts long, so I think we can cut the newcomers from OJ some slack...

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

If you were to remove the repetition, the mudslinging and the dudes patting their own backs you'd probably get it down to an even 10.000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Just because it's been argued ad nauseam, that does not mean it has been debunked. Merely that you (and others) don't consider the argument to be convincing.

Also, the previous thread was 26000 posts long, so I think we can cut the newcomers from OJ some slack...
    Actually, it has been debunked numerous times already. Just like it was debunked for Perona, Hancock, Rebecca, Camie and every other character that had boobs. History repeats itself consistently. Carrot is no different.

Ah, well they better get started then. I would say to anyone, whether new or old, to check out the previous threads. All the arguments have been already made and debunked. If they still think that they got something to add then it would be fine to post. Otherwise, I don't see the point in having to repeat the same points over and over again.

Last time I tried to marathon more than 20 pages of this thread at once, I gave myself a migraine...

Even just diving back in to clean out the trash feels like it'd give me an aneurysm or three. :p

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Actually, it has been debunked numerous times already. Just like it was debunked for Perona, Hancock, Rebecca, Camie and every other character that had boobs. History repeats itself consistently. Carrot is no different.
    So the argument that's been debunked isn't based around Carrot's specific circumstances but merely the fact that she's the most recent in a long line of females the fandom became enamored with?

Quote Originally Posted by Solgarde View Post
    Stuff
    Have you missed that one part where Nami prevented the ship to being swallowed by a hurricane after Little Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    So the argument that's been debunked isn't based around Carrot's specific circumstances but merely the fact that she's the most recent in a long line of females the fandom became enamored with?
    There are plenty of pages just dedicated to Carrot. Then there are the other ones, extra reading material so to speak, for other characters where the characters name is different but same type of argument is being put forward.

Though the "this character appeared in this many panels" is a first as far as I know.

Well, yes. The same "type" of arguments would tend to repeat themselves, given that we're perpetually evaluating the design, fighting style/powers, backstory, relations with other characters, potential role on the ship, potential role in the overarching story, etc. of one character or another at any given time...

That would happen whether Carrot had boobs or not.

I'm not going to pretend the fandom going bonkers over the "girl of the arc" doesn't get asinine, but I think some of us are actually trying to judge characters on their merits.

The problem with the Carrots fan base is they act like this is some new thing, of people posting for hundreds of pages of fabricated fan theories and reasons that all revolve around some girl joining, we've seen this in almost every arc, like with perona, camie, Bonney, shakky, marguerite, Hancock, Shiroshi, Shyarly, Monet, baby 5 Rebecca, viola, Wicca, mansherry, Wanda, pudding etc. and each and every one of there supporters argued and debated for hundreds of pages just like you, and when we brought this argument up, like we did so many times before, just like you, they said there character was different and that we hadn't debunked them at all and that we were on the losing side and how could we not see what so obviously right in front our noses etc etc

So please forgive me if I seem jaded and don't take you seriously cause I've seen it a thousand and one times before your simply the exact same thing with a new coat of paint acting like your not the same as all the others who've turned out wrong

And the sad thing is once Carrot doesn't join and we get to a new island where a new girl is, you'll repeat the same thing over again

Last time I checked, debunked meant that the person didn't join. Headcanon isn't canon. Oda introduced her with her lookout talent, then spent a top 3 longest arc showcasing that talent. There were no counter arguments really. Just people saying it didn't happen, then panels and chapter numbers being provided. It was hilarious honestly. The only counter for Carrot is that she lacks a clarified dream and that is a great argument, no one wanted to use it for some reason. Man, good times

Then they tried to mix you up with being a Carrot fan, which is projecting because I don't see why theories would work like that. The "I would like for this to happen" and "I love Carrot" kind of mindsets are not theories. It's headcanon. Theories provide panels and chapters, while headcanon are based on what they want to happen, so they forced conclusions.

Only other girl I've thought has a legitimately strong chance of (re)joining the crew since Robin has been Vivi, due to matters related to the Reverie.

Oda will need to put in a LOT of work to get Carrot back up to speed if he wants to make her viable... I just don't like people glossing over the things Carrot actually has going in her favor in their rush to dismiss those arguing her case as people chasing the fad-of-the-week.
    Last edited by otakufan; June 12th, 2019 at 03:46 PM.

You not acknowledging counter arguments to your ridiculous little lookout theory =/= them not being said

You've been debunked a thousand times already, you just refuse to acknowledge it, just like everyone in the past did for all those characters I just listed, and even more when you count the males, go reread all the arguments for all the other characters over the years, not just the Carrot ones, you'll notice how similar they are to you guys

I

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    debunked meant that the person didn't join.
    And Carrot didn't join.

Thanks for proving my point for me lol.

Headcanon isn't canon
    That is also very true.

Again, thank you for supporting my points.

Omitting actual things that happened in the manga doesn't change that it happened. If there were counter argument, i'd be delighted to walk that block again. Too bad there weren't any.

If Carrot doesn't join in WCI arc, that means she can't join anymore? Was there a deadline that i'm unaware of? I didn't see this in the arguments before. Headcanon and making up your own rules now?

On another note, Kiku is now part of the prison escape. Taking note of this.

Lookout doesn't exist now? Oh woooooooooooowwwwww. We're going there again? It went from it wasn't emphasized enough to there is no lookout role at all lol

Lookout doesn't exist in the manga. It's nice of you to mention the manga but it would be even nicer if you actually paid attention to it and not just project whatever you wanted.

Andddd we're back to throwing logic at a brick wall.
    Last edited by HeartOfDarkness; June 12th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    And she stole control of the homies away from Big Mom's side and did espionage in Wano.

Funny how those things are conveniently ignored from Solgarde's post.
    I'm sorry-- is someone handing you a piece of paper that makes a later enemies followers sometimes, and only sometimes, obey you some sort of unique "skill" or "talent"?

That's what you really want to hang your hat on about "oh, Nami brings invaluable skills to the crew"... that she was handed a Vivre card and to everyone's surprise, that meant some of the homeys would obey her?

The espionage stuff... maybe. But considering she has been a constant fixture in every single storyline since the beginning-- the second or third most featured character across the story-- doesn't it feel a bit like scrapping the bottom of the barrel that you kind of got to go searching for single instances where she didn't prove to be more of a hindrance than a help?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Have you missed that one part where Nami prevented the ship to being swallowed by a hurricane after Little Garden?
    That pretty much goes hand-in-hand with that bit right after the entered the New World. In fact, it is pretty repetitive.

Two instances of "oh, you'd better watch out on these seas! See how the weather is super crazy with this unbelievably big storm, unlike anything you could ever imagine! That's totally normal here and could hit you unexpectedly at any time!! Are you really prepared to deal with facing these sorts of storms constantly?!!"

And then after that one story, the Straw Hats never again faced any sort of adverse weather patterns or rough seas. The rest of the entire ride as as smooth and easy as merry-go-round with not a mention or a hint of any sort of supernatural weather patterns again. In fact, I am not sure I recall them ever even hitting a light drizzle.

And, really, getting a ship through a storm has little to nothing to do with navigation whatsoever. They tried to make it out like it did by having Nami direct where to turn, but... really-- such a thing wouldn't even be possible unless one was psychic or something. A navigator would be really helpful getting a ship back on track once a storm had passed-- except no such thing is ever needed because all they have to do is blindly follow the log post.

And to make this clear, I am not saying that Nami /should/ be worthless, but that Oda created the world, created the challenges that the Straw Hats were going to face. And if the second or third most important character in the story (since both rough drafts of the story had a Nami-esque character and no Zoro, she is arguably #2) was "Cat Burglar Nami", one would think that a writer would make sure that sneaking into a place and/or taking something from that place would be key challenges to completing each story line.

In fact-- as this is a story about pirates-- one would think that such things should be common occurrences anyway.

But I guess the same could be said about Usopp. He is the Straw Hats "sniper"-- but I am pretty sure in over 800 issues, the number of times that Usopp furthered the story by hitting a far off target can be counted on a single hand. In fact, neither the Going Merry nor the Thousand Sunny even had/has a cannon that Usopp could potentially use as far as I can recall. They are always leaving anything of the sort in the hands of Luffy/Zoro/Sanji's superhuman powers or using their cola burst to fly away and escape from the situation.

But even Usopp can be said to accomplish things throughout the story. And, as noted, the one thing Nami is entirely reliant on to be useful was something that Usopp just randomly made-- despite Usopp never before and never again showing any ability to make anything even remotely comparable. And that's despite him having tools like dials or Franky's high tech later that he could work with. So the weather wand doesn't even feel like a natural progression of the story, it just seems to have been lazily tacked on in order to give Nami /something/.

But-- if Nami isn't bad enough, the other female crewmate Robin is even more useless. She has a devil fruit power, but aside from a few times when she was depicted stopping other members from falling to their doom, she hasn't done a whole lot. She started off as an enemy. She got captured once already. And now, after all this time, the story has foreshadowed in Zou that Luffy doesn't even remotely need her to get to Raftel anyway and instead she is going to be captured by Blackbeard and be used by him to also get to Raftel.

So, yeah-- the story has been written in such a way that both of the female Straw Hats are just utterly useless.

They are both good character ideas, both good character designs, both have interesting backstories, both have nice dynamics with the crew. But the story has been crafted in such a way that they aren't allowed to contribute to the success of the Straw Hats.

The only examples we have are two super contrived storms that claimed to establish something about the world that was later demonstrably false... and items literally handed to them by other characters that any random warm body could have been handed and use.

Or, in the case of Robin, most of the time she is with the crew the excuse is given that it is perfectly fine if she isn't doing as much as the others because she is absolutely key to the final success and it is impossible without her... only to get to Zou and be told "Ha-ha, only kidding! Actually she has only been there to ultimately get kidnapped and help the bad guys all along."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Rose View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you would like to discuss your points but don't be discourage if people seems dismissive. It's not really directed at you There has been a lengthy discussion about Carrot at this point spanning more than 100 pages. Both side have convinced they made an iron clad argument and are both repeating themselves at this point. And those in the middle are almost pressured to choose a side.

Some feel she would have gotten more attention in Big Mom if she was going to be important.
    Others that she received plenty attention or will recieve it in Wano.

There's a starting point to read some arguments going on in earlier pages:
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=50430&page=22&p=3937063#post39370 63

I
    personally expected Carrot to be part of a new Nox pirates at the end of this arc.

Imu San will delete the marine. After this Step, Koby will Not Working for the world gov. He join Luffy and will be the vice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information