View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

4 4.30%
  • Carrot

22 23.66%
  • Caribou

6 6.45%
  • Momo

0 0%
  • Kinemon

1 1.08%
  • Hiyori

3 3.23%
  • Bonney

3 3.23%
  • Pekoms

2 2.15%
  • Vivi

9 9.68%
  • Kawamatsu

8 8.60%
  • None of the above

35 37.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2544

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

With witchinghour boys identity still not being known, I think he could be a potential candidate, a kind-hearted thief/outlaw sounds like strawhat material.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    a kind-hearted thief/outlaw sounds like strawhat material.
    I wonder if that Nami girl could be the next crewmate...

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    So how would have been the Doflamingo storyline before Law's creation? Nah,i think some of them were already on his mind,Law was probably already planned as a pirate to meet in the New World.
    Mostly the same, just without Law?

Oda has a master plan for the series, but he absolutely doesn't have every single last detail worked out in advance, that's not how writing works for any author. He creates dozens of characters at a time and folds them all in as he goes.

Just look at Vivi! He had zero plans originally for her to be a princess, she was just a random one off baddie at first. Or the farewell super iconic scene with the X marks on their wrists.... that wasn't planned in advance either.

Oda expands stuff constantly, thats the main reason the series is entering its third decade now instead of wrapping up in year five. Sometimes he know an explicit payoff years in advance, sometimes he doesn't know it until the week it happens, like the cherry blossom mountains in Drum. He might know "character X will appear someday" (Like he knew Brook was coming when he did the Laboon story) but he won't finalize their design or power set until they actually appear, and even then it might change some as it goes. Like Moria changed from having rounded teeth to sharp ones within a couple of chapters.

Oda has explicitly come out now and said "I made the Supernova up on the spot, I had no plans for them at the time, I was surprised at how large a role Law grew to have." Like, the author himself behind the scenes said it, as fact. Not as a coy deception to hide future surprises or a joke in SBS, but just as a fact about a past thing that happened he mentioned in an interview.

It's fine to have a disbelief about it when an editor talks about it third hand and leaves out an important informing detail, like we all assumed, but the man himself has come out and said "it went like this." You really can't argue that one.
    Last edited by Robby; May 13th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Mostly the same, just without Law?

Oda has a master plan for the series, but he absolutely doesn't have every single last detail worked out in advance, that's not how writing works for any author. He creates dozens of characters at a time and folds them all in as he goes.

Just look at Vivi! He had zero plans originally for her to be a princess, she was just a random one off baddie at first. Or the farewell super iconic scene with the X marks on their wrists.... that wasn't planned in advance either.

Oda expands stuff constantly, thats the main reason the series is entering its third decade now instead of wrapping up in year five. Sometimes he know an explicit payoff years in advance, sometimes he doesn't know it until the week it happens, like the cherry blossom mountains in Drum. He might know "character X will appear someday" (Like he knew Brook was coming when he did the Laboon story) but he won't finalize their design or power set until they actually appear, and even then it might change some as it goes. Like Moria changed from having rounded teeth to sharp ones within a couple of chapters.

Oda has explicitly come out now and said "I made the Supernova up on the spot, I had no plans for them at the time, I was surprised at how large a role Law grew to have." Like, the author himself behind the scenes said it, as fact. Not as a coy deception to hide future surprises or a joke in SBS, but just as a fact about a past thing that happened he mentioned in an interview.

It's fine to have a disbelief about it when an editor talks about it third hand and leaves out an important informing detail, like we all assumed, but the man himself has come out and said "it went like this." You really can't argue that one.
    I was already aware of all the things you just said,but thank you anyway for the reply. I just meant it would have been really different. I think the Law-Doflamingo relationship is a very important element of the Punk Hazard-Dressrosa arc. I think that without Law (who was the 'link' between the Strawhats and Dofla-Kaido) the 'link' would probably have been Kinemon? But altough Kinemon hates Kaido,his relationship with Doflamingo is way less important,and that would have made the Dressrosa arc way less emotional,and even more a copycat from Alabasta. So it was ultimately for the best. But i still think that Oda had already in mind some pirate linked to Doflamingo that later became Law.
    It's also interesting to note that Law in the Sabaody Arc almost seem to have like a different personality from Punk Hazard Law. In Sabaody he is mostly a chill guy,while already on the post-Marineford arc he is a more serious guy.
    So tl:dr My theory is that Oda had already in mind a pirate linked to Doflamingo,and i think in the period he was making Marineford he decided that that pirate would have been Law,and he characterized him as a more serious guy who develops a bond with Luffy.

I was already aware of all the things you just said,but thank you anyway for the reply. I just meant it would have been really different. I think the Law-Doflamingo relationship is a very important element of the Punk Hazard-Dressrosa arc. I think that without Law (who was the 'link' between the Strawhats and Dofla-Kaido) the 'link' would probably have been Kinemon? But altough Kinemon hates Kaido,his relationship with Doflamingo is way less important,and that would have made the Dressrosa arc way less emotional,and even more a copycat from Alabasta. So it was ultimately for the best. But i still think that Oda had already in mind some pirate linked to Doflamingo that later became Law.
    It's also interesting to note that Law in the Sabaody Arc almost seem to have like a different personality from Punk Hazard Law. In Sabaody he is mostly a chill guy,while already on the post-Marineford arc he is a more serious guy.
    So tl:dr My theory is that Oda had already in mind a pirate linked to Doflamingo,and i think in the period he was making Marineford he decided that that pirate would have been Law,and he characterized him as a more serious guy who develops a bond with Luffy.
    With No Law, or Law not being attached to doffy I think you'd have the same plot but maybe Viola is introduced on Punk Hazardand becomes a bigger part of the dressrosa arc
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    With witchinghour boys identity still not being known, I think he could be a potential candidate, a kind-hearted thief/outlaw sounds like strawhat material.
    not getting news of Denjirou either makes me believe he's the WHB, and so a red scabby as well

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    With No Law, or Law not being attached to doffy I think you'd have the same plot but maybe Viola is introduced on Punk Hazardand becomes a bigger part of the dressrosa arc
    In that way she would have been even more similar to Vivi

In that way she would have been even more similar to Vivi
    I mean technically kinemon had to go to dressrosa anyways, so they could keep it that simple and instead of it being a plan to take out doffy, have it be an escalation
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Can you guess who this person is thinking of as the next nakama?
    GreyBlue said:
    I agree that Oda isn't going to allow kids on the Strawhat crew. Carrot also failed since in order to follow Nami and Robin's joining pattern she had to join by the end of Cake Island. Nami and Robin both joined in the first arc they had major involvement in; OrangeTown for Nami and Alabasta for Robin. Carrot is Chopper's version of "Sabo"; someone who will be a sibling and an outside support for the blue-nosed reindeer.

Thankfully I pretty much figured out the likely 11th at the end of Cake Island (well 80% sure at this rate anyway). So for me it's just a matter of waiting to see if the author is going to go through with it and how the joining will be accomplished. I'm not gonna spoil it though. [:3]

Ah sorry, explaining it would take paragraphs and then everyone would hate me because the likely 11th is not a girl. I'm kind of surprised no one in the One Piece community has notice this though, that there is one character in the story now that is following the same pattern that Oda joined Jinbei with.

I'm not worried. Wano or whenever Luffy defeats Kaido will be make or break for this character. If they don't join or no one joins by Wano then Jinbei is probably the last Strawhat. That's fine to me it's getting kind of late in the game to add new characters to the main crew anyway.

Yeah, basically. Aside from a few hints, it's not fair to tell people still guessing. Plus, people are stuck to the characters that they like and will defend them til' the end anyway. I'm not going to brag about anything though, that's pointless.
    I think it is Pekoms. What do you say?
    Last edited by T]@$; May 15th, 2019 at 10:24 PM.

I think it's nothing. That post says nothing and is just seeking replies. Are we really at the point where we're just pasting stuff from oro jackson.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

For what it's worth, it just sounds like Kawamatsu again.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Seeing how long Kawamatsu has been hidden from us I would say he was the safe bet for next nakama if we didn't already have an aquatic crew member who meet Luffy in prison, far to much over lap with Jinbei to still be considered (well in my mind anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by T€]@$ View Post
    Can you guess who this person is thinking of as the next nakama?
    Should I care who this person thinks should join the crew? And if so, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Maybe he is known to be often right on this forum.

I could easily say that a man dude will join at the end of this arc without any sort of proof and brag about it when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Should I care who this person thinks should join the crew? And if so, why?
    If the fanbase had this sort of mentality, pretty much all of the youtubers who produce OP-related "material" wouldn't exist.

So, yeah, that's a question I keep silently asking the fandom continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    If the fanbase had this sort of mentality, pretty much all of the youtubers who produce OP-related "material" wouldn't exist.
    I think this was part of Otohime's plight.
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Maybe Raizo gets more backstory through the prison, specifically Kawamatsu, Hyogoru and some of the other former Yakuza bosses. If there's nothing through this prison mission or interactions with the Oniwabanshu, then I don't see it as possible anymore

I remember a while back people wanted a crew member to have a logia, so we had at least one of each kind of devil fruit, is that still a thing people want?

Logia would be cool but it's not a must. Definitely keeping the Caribou Caravan alive.
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information