+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

If oda didnt want us to feel bad about the merry he would have introduced the klabauterman earlier and made it's safety the big deal while the ship itself was just a tool but he made the loss of a merry a great big event. The merry and sunny are different ships, just like ace and sabo are differemt people even though the second os carrying the first's will
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    personally I even consider Cavendish a contender for one of those missing spots, being the first commander of Luffy's fleet, tho Barto may get it too.
    They're part of Grand Fleet. The manga also makes the distinction between the main crew "Mugiwara no Ichimi" and grand fleet "Mugiwara Dai-Sendan"

Cavendish and Barto are part of Grand Fleet, not the main crew.

Luffy has also never called Grand Fleet nakama. Just his crew, Vivi, and Law. Law's card isn't placed among the Strawhats, there's no reason to think Vivi or Cavendish or Barto would either.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    If oda didnt want us to feel bad about the merry he would have introduced the klabauterman earlier and made it's safety the big deal while the ship itself was just a tool but he made the loss of a merry a great big event. The merry and sunny are different ships, just like ace and sabo are differemt people even though the second os carrying the first's will
    I don't think they're comparable. Yes, Ace and Sabo are different people and yes Sabo (and Luffy) have inherited Ace's will.

But it's not same when we're talking about the Klabautermann which is the literal, physical manifestation of the ship's will. The Going Merry and the Sunny have the same will and thus the same spirit entity. Therefore it doesn't make sense to have them as separate #s.

Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    The Going Merry and the Sunny have the same will and thus the same spirit entity. Therefore it doesn't make sense to have them as separate #s.
    How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    How do you know that?
    Re-read my recent posts.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I remember Franky saying so in the anime, and I also remember someone mentioning that wasn't in the manga.

I'm just curious. I'm not trying to make a point here.
    Jajajaja, it is all good, we are here to share ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    So if you watched a movie about time travel to the future that briefly uses a pseudo-scientific excuse of "slowing down particles" to justify its plot, would you say that this movie is not about time travel?
    In that specific scenario, I would. Although, I would have to see the application on the concept of slowing down particles.

I was commenting more about the Noro Noro beam being about slowing down particles as you see from water to ice. Which I would not consider that ice has stopped in time.

For example, in the movie Austin Powers you can say it is about traveling to the future and past. However, the methods differ. When he goes to the future, he is frozen in stasis. While when he goes to the past he uses a time machine.

Would I consider the first scenario as time traveling, I guess? I just think the process of time traveling in my head is more immediate. The passage of time is not altered for individuals in stasis, time is still flowing naturally.

I am connecting the idea of stasis more towards immortality. As in, do immortal people time travel? The cells in their bodies are "frozen in their current age". The difference is that immortals remain conscious and active, while frozen people do not. However, both go through the same type of passage of time.

The best ideas I have come across for time traveling are: wormholes/portals, acceleration or deceleration of reality/time/space. The deceleration of particles would be going past merely slowing down/freezing particles, but force them to traverse the path they already had.

With all that being said, I guess I am just discussing technicalities.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Makes me think Vivi or the boats are going to have early numbers.
    Of course this is probably the case but I would love more straw hat pirates.... I absolutely love every member of the SH crew, so I would be so up for more, but knowing what Luffy said at the beginning of the manga, Odas love for Soccer and Black Beards ten titans we'll probably only get one more after Jinbei

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

and it'll be a sausage

and it'll be a sausage
    Like the food or a guy?

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Like the food or a guy?
    both

16 characters

Carrot is more bangable than Chopper no?... Oda wants to tick all the boxes with one cutesy character you wanna hug and one cutesy character you wanna bang... So everyone whoís hang up her not contributing to the crew demographic, then here

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Carrot is more bangable than Chopper no?... Oda wants to tick all the boxes with one cutesy character you wanna hug and one cutesy character you wanna bang... So everyone who’s hang up her not contributing to the crew demographic, then here
    My internet ventures have taught me that some people are quite into plushy stuffed animals, so this really depends on the person.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーī)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    My internet ventures have taught me that some people are quite into plushy stuffed animals, so this really depends on the person.
    So now we have options for everyone to have a Strawhat to bang.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaIvanoM View Post
    Carrot is more bangable than Chopper no?... Oda wants to tick all the boxes with one cutesy character you wanna hug and one cutesy character you wanna bang... So everyone who’s hang up her not contributing to the crew demographic, then here
    If oda is gonna make a crewmate for every type of fetish out there we'll have thousands of strawhats

This would explain why Luffy keeps asking if the characters can poop...

It's getting way too bawdy in here, so tone it down.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Really though, does anyone have any reason to not want Carrot in the crew? Like evidence of her actually joining aside. Just give a biased opinion entirely. Like if you don’t like blondes or you don’t like animal people or whatever. I for one I’m tired of these long drawn out what’s Oda thinking or Foreshadowed or Cover whatever. I wanna hear pure bias. You might think the crew would be too big for your liking. You might just want to maintain your nostalgia of a recognizable crew. You might even just not like women. It’s fine.

So I’m calling out for these sorts of replies. No fancy shmancy analyses. Let me start. I will give a biased reason why I would like Carrot to join. She’s a gender bent Luffy. I’m a big, ugh, fan of gender bent characters so I very much enjoyed Tashigi and Smoker’s switcharoo at Punk Hazard. And I think Carrot is the closest Oda will ever get to gender bending Luffy. I mean I like Robin’s aloofness and Nami’s nagging as much as the next guy but I mean you’d think they’d emulate their captain a bit more by now. But Oda isn’t up for changing Characters that much so I like the idea of him making a new female character who could be as Luffy-like as possible on the crew. And yes my desire for this could have fetish implications and it does but Women can be fun go lucky people too. Besides I’ve owned up to this being a completely biased thing so there.
    Last edited by ImmaIvanoM; September 23rd, 2018 at 02:36 AM.

pointing out a character's poor chances of joining doesn't mean we dont want them in the crew.

pointing out a character's poor chances of joining doesn't mean we dont want them in the crew.
    Yeah but we’ve done that for long enough... Now I just want to know pure preference... Speak your mind

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information