+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samurai Spirits

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Samurai Spirits

Behold! Not unlike Soul Calibur VI, SNK has done a semi-reboot of the series in a HD 2 and 1/2D format.

And yes, it looks like they're going with the Japanese name for both sides of the pacific now.

Default Re: Samurai Spirits

omg, totally forgot the "new snk game" reveal was scheduled for today and...

... well, this made me happier than I could have expected. I mean, SS is one of my favorite game franchises ever, actually was my favorite for the longest time - my teen, early 20s -, so... yeah

EDIT: I assumed this was a remake of the first game, but you can see Genjurou among the characters at 0:47. And weirdly, Wan-Fu and Gen'an are not included in that image.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; September 10th, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

gimme that big damage, i gotta see Haohmaru take off half a health bar in one super

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Awesome to have a New Samurai Shodown Game :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

Samurai Shodown Remake will have Hanzo,Tam Tam,Kyoshiro,Yoshitora,Shiki,Genjuro,and Charlotte returning and there will be 3 Brand New Characters

Kamen Rider OOOs

Played a ton of Samurai Spirits 2 back in the day.
    And with a freaking pc keyboard, so I really liked the game.

This one looks promissing, I hope it's good.

Oh, c'mon, don't tell me Gen-An is not going to be on it. Don't do that, SNK. Also not really digging Charlotte's new design.

On the bright side, I was hoping Shiki would get in because she is such an iconic character that so many of us never really got a chance to use, but I never thought it was gonna happen. Yoshitora was even a bigger surprise, love the guy.

EDIT: Concept artwork for one of the 3 new characters: Darli Dagger.

Ok...
    ... I think I love her.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; March 31st, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

God damn, does this game look good already. And finally they toned down the armor for Charlotte, which I've always had a pet peeve for.

The pirate girl....well, she's not too bad, much better then the losers from Sen, but I need to see her actually play.

Full roster revealed. New characters are Darli Dagger, Wu-Ruixiang and Kurama Yashamaru. Season pass will include 4 DLC characters.
    Spoiler:

I feel really bad for Gen-An and Wan Fu, only members of the original cast who were left behind on the reboot. Oh well, there's always the DLC (can't believe the current gaming format finally did it to me and I am starting to accept the DLC model)
    Last edited by .access timeco.; April 5th, 2019 at 05:33 PM.

The pirate girl and anime ninja look decent enough. I'm not feeling the Chinese girl, probably because she looks to fight with magic.

I guess Wan-Fu got dropped for now because they weren't sure which weapon and body build to give him.

Darli is pure love to me. According to her bio, she washed ashore at an island as a infant where she was raised by both pirates and shipwrights so she grew up as both. A female Franky? I'm in.

Also her gimmick seems to be her weapon, Libertalia, has detachable ends. By attaching different parts to the handle, she can turn it into different weapons, like a giant hammer.

The chinese Feng Shui summoner is... whatever. Seems really forgettable.

The edgy ninja made me shudder.

Here's a gameplay trailer for Darli Dagger :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

A line-up for the 2 Seasons Passes.

August: Rimururu
    September: Shizumaru Hisame
    October: Kibigami Basara
    November: Kazuki Kazama
    December: Wan-Fu
    January: Mina Majikina
    February - April: TBA.

And a teaser for King of Fighters XV, too.

I literally jumped mad in my chair when the Season 2 characters appeared and all of them had hair. Then I realize it was the same stock image repeated 3 times.

I still didn't bought the game as some stupid tantrum for Gen-an to not be included yet. Good thing they are already starting to reveal the second pass, so it will not take so long to find out if he is there (because, really, SNK, I am dying to buy this game, but I am too salty about my man being left out).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information