+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Movie was great overall and i was really surprised about the Treasure. It makes sense that it exists and it makes sense that it attracts all kind of people. So it also makes sense that everyone is there. The treasure, in the OP verse, has a gigantic weight. Very surprising, No false promises, it is really something else.
    Bullet was brutal, very intimidating and probably too powerful for the cast...
    Loved the Boa Kick :)
    Snakeman was there but very short.
    I did not like the finishers that much but its ok.

One thing is set in stone for me now, Blackbeard will get a Zoan, a mythical or ancient one. Blackbeard at the end needs to out perform Bullet and Bullet was immensely powerful and visually intimidating.
    Every movie from now on needs to start with ZEHAHAHA that is how you get my attention :p

Will watch again

I saw the One Piece Stampede movie in theaters and it was awesome :D
    It's now my Number 1 Favorite One Piece Movie

Kamen Rider OOOs

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Saw the movie tonight, and man. It's essentially a train that gets off to a fast start and does nothing but speed up until literally the final 30 seconds. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to get on, but I was definitely all aboard by around a third of the way in.

Spoiler:
    The thing that got me fully into it was how well Bullet's powers were portrayed. When I saw in concept art/trailers that his power mainly involved him inhabiting an exoskeleton/colossus I wasn't very interested...the main villain of the last film made a colossus too and that wasn't impressive. But I ended up being impressed by the sense of scale in Bullet's first exoskeleton...

...to say nothing of his ultimate colossus. Man. That ALONE made going to see the film in the theater worth it. Absolutely breathtaking. And it stayed breathtaking the whole way through, with the shots of it attacking Luffy being a shining example.

Usopp was also absolutely amazing. I'm not sure even his moments in Dressrosa can compare to what he got here. Oda's gonna have a tough task trying to one-up that in Elbaf.

My least favorite part of the film would probably be the Buster Calls. They were treated like jokes. Like, I'm fine with Bullet yeeting the first one out of existence, that was cool as hell. But the second one was pretty yikes all around. So you're telling me that the Supernovas' ships and a wall of fire can keep a Buster Call at bay, and that Vice Admiral Smoker could stop it on the drop of a hat...even though the manga stated that a Buster Call essentially can't be reversed at all. Man...

Also, the art style wasn't too bad in general, I understand its main goal is to provide fluidity for all the action. But there were quite a few shots that were pretty noticeably low-detail...one that comes to mind is a shot of the Eleven Supernovas (well, nine of them) when they were about to fight Bullet, which would have made a nice still...if the characters weren't featureless blobs you might see in the background of a typical anime episode.

Obviously there is no real deep plot to be found here, and Bullet is a very one dimensional villain, but I typically enjoy a movie if it can provide me with great spectacle. This movie did not fail in that regard at all. Shame I won't be able to see it in the theater again.

Spoiler:

I'm in the theatre right now waiting for the previews to start and pretty hyped! Anyone else here in Lexington Kentucky?

Just got back from my showing. It was the dubbed version after all (I had assumed it was subtitled since the only cast information on AMC's website was for the Japanese cast) so there was some novelty in hearing many of these characters speaking English for the first time, but it had the side effect of me not always knowing who was speaking at first if someone was off screen. This was mainly an issue with minor characters who were in the background though, nothing major.

Anyway, the movie was fun, but didn't really change the impression I had already gotten from the advertising campaign: basically nu Movie 4, down to lifting dialogue and shots directly from the manga (and with actual Law instead of proto-Law!), but nowhere near as newcomer-friendly. Heck, it even had the exact same "throw a pirate competition as cover for a Navy massacre" premise. Bullet was pretty much a peak DBZ movie villain, having little personality or substance to his character beyond his maximum power, and his ugly CG colossus literally sucked the life from the setting by turning it into a brown wasteland. But man, the eye candy! What the movie lacked in substance it more than made up in appealing to the lizard part of my brain that enjoys watching people punch each other - many of the best animators both in-house at Toei and in their orbit worked on this movie, and that extended fight scene featuring all the Supernovas minus Zoro getting wrecked by Bullet was one of the finest and most jaw-dropping I've seen in a shonen movie. All the action in the movie was great and worth seeing on the big screen, but nothing else quite reached the level of that sequence with all the dark CG crap flying everywhere in the finale.

Lots of fun Easter egg cameos both canon and non (yo Oden, get outta here Grount), and I gotta agree that Usopp got treated pretty well character-wise, better than he has in canon lately and he was pretty much the only Straw Hat to do anything of substance aside from Luffy and Zoro. He got some scattered applause towards the end, you all know which scene that was. Speaking of the theater crowd reacted pretty well to Buggy overall, plus the "suck it marine!" guy. The theater was about half full, though most of them left when the credits started and missed the stinger.

Not the best of One Piece movies as far as actual substance goes, but certainly top shelf as far as flair and spectacle went.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Just got back from seeing it myself. In cosplay, to boot! I had a pretty full theater, which I was happy about, and there were a couple other people besides me who cosplayed as well! Felt bad I never got to see the subbed version of it, but I enjoyed the dub, especially since it had been so long since I'd heard the dub voices for a lot of these characters, and got early premieres of some new ones, too! (Barto and Cavendish, and Sabo's new voice, being the major examples.)

Thought it was pretty fun! I agree that Bullet was certainly nothing amazing as a villain, and the plot wasn't the most original for sure, but I still enjoyed. The SHs just being back together as a group and interacting is something this movie made me realize even more how much I sorely miss in the manga proper, but besides that, I also liked the roles that several of my fave non-SH characters got to play. Hancock wasn't in it for long, but the screentime she did have was consistently pretty great. It was nice to see Smoker get to play a pretty important role, considering how often he's been out of the main story in the manga. Law's dynamic with the SHs here wa
    s honestly very much like what I hope it'll be even once they've accomplished the goal of their alliance: they'll be off doing their own things, but if they ever meet up again, they're mutually trusting and on good terms, and quick to work together and help each other again as needed.

So yeah, it was definitely very enjoyable! I would go and see it more times if I could, but once it comes out on video, I'll certainly be watching it again then (both subbed and dubbed).
    Hidden:

Best OP film of all time. A lot of this movie was foreshadowing. My favorite parts and other observations:
    • The movie opening with Blackbeardís massacre in Impel Down. I never pictured it being so violent. How strong is Blackbeard? We have yet to see the depths of his violence.
    • Stampede really captured the spirit of the manga and it was structured a lot like a One Piece arc. Luffy tends to have the fewest lines and the biggest moments throughout this movie, which I loved. He was so cool. He always pushes forward and wins.
    • Zoro is extremely impressive here. Cutting the meteor in half. Heís seriously strong.
    • The fight with the Supernovas was incredible. Urouge is clearly the strongest.
    • The endgame of One Piece is going to be amazing. Bullet was so strong... how strong was Roger?
    • Character interactions were on point and revelatory.
    • Ace in Saboís flame. Does this mean that Devil Fruit users who die live on in the fruit that returns? Did Sabo kill Festa?

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    • Ace in Sabo’s flame. Does this mean that Devil Fruit users who die live on in the fruit that returns? Did Sabo kill Festa?
    No, it's due to Ann's powers. She can create optical illusions of photos or drawings and Sabo asks her if she can reproduce Ace a few moments ago.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    No, it's due to Ann's powers. She can create optical illusions of photos or drawings and Sabo asks her if she can reproduce Ace a few moments ago.
    Ah, ok. I must have missed that part!

Bullet says something interesting about Luffy imbuing himself with so much Haki leading to burnout. Also, Bulletís blue form is also something we didnít really talk about... was that Haki too? Armament or Conquererís?

Duuuude

Seeing the movie left me confused on just one thing:

Just what the hell was Bullet doing on Roger's crew? He seems so out of place in a group of partying freedom-seekers.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    Seeing the movie left me confused on just one thing:

Just what the hell was Bullet doing on Roger's crew? He seems so out of place in a group of partying freedom-seekers.
    Bullet joined Roger's crew because Roger was the first person to ever beat him, this made Bullet so unbelievably horny that his life's goal became beating Roger, and Roger entertained it.

The supplementary Volume 10089 talks about Bullet's backstory in more detail. He ultimately left the crew before the voyage to Laugh Tale because he felt like their fun attitudes were starting to rub off on him and he thought it would make him weak.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    Ah, ok. I must have missed that part!

Bullet says something interesting about Luffy imbuing himself with so much Haki leading to burnout. Also, Bullet’s blue form is also something we didn’t really talk about... was that Haki too? Armament or Conquerer’s?
    Pretty sure Bullet's comment about (Snakeman was it) was just a rehash of Doffy and Law's comments on the form.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Pretty sure Bullet's comment about (Snakeman was it) was just a rehash of Doffy and Law's comments on the form.
    Yes but I wonder if this is also a property of Haki. The physical imbuing of it. Bullet seemed to do his own version against Luffy in that blue form.

I feel like this movie revealed way more secrets about the future of One Piece than people are crediting it with. It also had the best tone of any One Piece movie I’ve ever seen — it really felt like Oda’s characters from the manga came to life. Toei hasn’t ever really done it like this before.

I really want to see it again. Can someone explain to me Robin’s motivation in the movie? How were her actions helping with the main plot? Was she just hunting for treasure? Come to think of it... isn’t that how
    she operates in just every arc? I can’t remember if she did anything that was actually necessary for the crew. She may be more selfish than we realize. Her encounter with Crocodile was also interesting...

USOPP SHOWED UP. He really can be counted on and I appreciate it. He had Luffy’s back the whole way. More of this, please.

The scene in Impel Down really displayed more of Blackbeard’s evil. Seeing the blood-spattered aftermath was really shocking.

Also, why did Sabo ask Ann to do an image of Ace? Sometimes, Sabo’s lines had me wondering if Ace still lives within him.

EDIT: Smoker confirmed that Sanji’s Diable Jambe is haki. So he was the first member of the crew to develop it back in part 1.
    Last edited by gyuukarubi; November 2nd, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaihoa91 View Post
    One Piece Stampede Trailer 4 - Chinese Version

Man, that trailer was better than the English ones by far.
    More like it spoiled every major cameo.

Source: Mission Tokyo

Spoiler:

Hereís a clip from Stampede:
    https://youtu.be/yvFrECMe3Yk
    Luffy and Urouge are clearly closely matched. Barbarossa Urouge = top tier Supernova.

Discovered Stowaway

Stampede: 9.3 billion around the world.

Bought a ticket for friday's night.. can't wait to see this movie
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Stampede: 9.3 billion around the world.
    Nice! Any numbers for previous movies?

No showing in the UK or at least where I live :(

It has yet to premiere in Europe and they LOVE One Piece!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information