+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Duuuude

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

There is (or was) a Stampede advertisement on a digital billboard at Times Square yesterday.

Soundtrack preview: https://avex.jp/onepiece/music/

I found this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2m...XJBFA/featured
    This review is pretty accurate:

Non Spoiler review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHTs3HTKaEw

S
    poiler review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ZcQtJSbjE

The non-spoiler review was a nice little talk. Can’t wait to see the crazy animation.

Oooh Avex is releasing the soundtrack? That means it can actually be used in the anime?

Just watched it in cinemas, not my favorite One Piece movie - as stories all movies of the Film series are probably better - but the sheer spectacle was still great. My favorite part was the appearance of some minor characters that weren't even really teased, some even with speaking roles.

Spoiler:
    Things that made me smile the most were probably that Galdino & Alvida got quite a few lines, seeing Jango & Fullbody actually fight, Bastille trashing Foxy, seeing the commanders of the Revolutionaries on Sabo's ship and all the friggin lines Morgans of all people got. Though I was a bit disappointed by how little Crocodile & Lucci did, they didn't really too much in comparison with others - they weren't even part of the final team attack.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    Just watched it in cinemas, not my favorite One Piece movie - as stories all movies of the Film series are probably better - but the sheer spectacle was still great. My favorite part was the appearance of some minor characters that weren't even really teased, some even with speaking roles.

Spoiler:
    Things that made me smile the most were probably that Galdino & Alvida got quite a few lines, seeing Jango & Fullbody actually fight, Bastille trashing Foxy, seeing the commanders of the Revolutionaries on Sabo's ship and all the friggin lines Morgans of all people got. Though I was a bit disappointed by how little Crocodile & Lucci did, they didn't really too much in comparison with others - they weren't even part of the final team attack.
    With the exception of movie six, this one seems to have the best animation and art. And definitely the biggest budget. It’ll be great to see myriads of characters interacting, even if the story is just “beat the strong guy.”

I'll make a prediction that Film Z is still the best animated movie.(in order to be pleasantly surprised)

One Piece Stampede surpasses 4,000,000 ticket sales and more than 5,300,000,000¥ (49 million $) earned!!!

https://twitter.com/OP_STAMPEDE/stat...36273493504001

Can't wait to see this in theaters stateside! I remember Film Gold taking half a year or so to reach the states but now it gets here in 2.5 months after release in Japan! With the news of Sony merging Funi and Aniplex, I hope distribution continues to get better so content can be readily available in a much faster time-frame. It'd be so nice to watch future movies closer to release day where the hype and excitement is at its peak.
    Ocean Guide
    "The ocean sees the beginning of the world,
    and the ocean knows the end of the world.
    Thus, it calls us towards the way we must take.
    Thus, it leads us towards a proper world."

It was very interesting, the portrayal of Sanji was awesome.
    Also Raftle = Laught Tale. Japanese pronouns the L and R interchangeably that's why we have known it as Raftle so far.
    Fun Stuff, the movie would have been better if it came out after Act II of Wano and included everything that was covered in the manga thus far.
    Spoiler:

Especially the Haki part, it would've been more fun for Luffy to be attempting to master that advanced Haki until he finally gets it right instead of the usual 'spam gatling until enemy is down' which got used plenty of times already, factoring in the new haki would've made it more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    Also Raftle = Laught Tale. Japanese pronouns the L and R interchangeably that's why we have known it as Raftle so far.
    The real problem is the "Tale" part. For example, the "Tail" in Fairy Tail (different spelling, same pronunciation) is written as テイル, TE-I-RU. Raftel/Laugh Tale is written as ラフテル, RA-FU-TE-RU. It's missing that I's "ee" sound that would combine with TE to make the "tay" sound. Even with R and L switched, it'd still be something like "Laugh Tell".

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Well yeah, but can't really blame him(Oda)/them(VAs) for romanization/pronunciation after Mariejois and 'Levely'.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'll just roll with it and write/hear it like I want Just like Caesar 'Crown'

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    The real problem is the "Tale" part. For example, the "Tail" in Fairy Tail (different spelling, same pronunciation) is written as テイル, TE-I-RU. Raftel/Laugh Tale is written as ラフテル, RA-FU-TE-RU. It's missing that I's "ee" sound that would combine with TE to make the "tay" sound. Even with R and L switched, it'd still be something like "Laugh Tell".
    That's not really that simple, honestly. The official translator of OP to Brazil made a video on the topic and he explained that it goes both ways with the syllables. Even Fairy Tail plays on this ambiguity.

In fact, in the early days of OP scans, someone went wild and translated Laftel as "Rough Tale". He almost got it right, lol.

I just bought tickets to see this movie Saturday October 26th can't wait!!

Funimation finally posted the locations, but all of them are when I have class or work. Maybe the November dates are possible for me, but not likely.

☠US �� SUB: Oct 24, 29, & 31 | DUB: Oct 26 & 30
    ☠CAN �� SUB: Oct 25 & Nov 5 | DUB: Oct 28 & Nov 8

link for theatre locator

https://www.funimationfilms.com/movi...iece-stampede/

Out of the ones that i've wwatched, Film Z is still my fav

One Piece Stampede surpasses 4,000,000 ticket sales and more than 5,500,000,000¥ (51.2 million $) earned!!!

https://pixiin.com/movie-onepiece-stampede/

Duuuude

That's good! And that doesn't even include potential U.S. numbers yet.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Stampede Dub Trailer just dropped

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Officially: One Piece Stampede in Middle East by Voxcinema, in Saudi Arabia - Qatar - Bahrain - UAE - OMAN at 14th November 2019.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information