+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

Eiichiro Oda message to celebrate One Piece Stampede exceeded 5,000,000,000, translated!!

Singapore screening.
    Not bad.
    Spoilerless thoughts:
    This had got to be THE one piece movie you have to turn your brain off the most. Get pass that and it was a fun ride.
    Don't go in expecting much adventure.
    It's pretty shallow but it was really fun.
    Also, we really have to make a bingo list for OP movies in the future. Stop cramming Sabo in every movie already.
    Fans can easily tear this movie apart and shred it to pieces like Zoro cutting steel if they want to.
    Basically, a lot of flashyness, some moments that makes the movie a One Piece movie but mostly meh storytelling and terrible writing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Bullet is horrendously one dimension and atrocious as a villain. It's as if the one and only thing he had going for him is gold roger ex crew mate and honestly him having that title is an embarrassment.
    It's a cheap marketing gimmick to hype him up and there is literally no reason to, for instance, compare him to rayleigh or make him such a beast.
    With Shiki, it was reasonable but with Douglas Bullet, it's a mess.
    Festa motivations is equally bad but he's so cartoon that you can't take him seriously.

Bingo list for future movies:
    -Sabo
    -Cramming fan favourites like Hancock and Lucci(cool factor).
    -Chopper appearing cute but actually does nothing.
    -Fan service characters clashing with each other
    -Villain wants to be Pirate King
    -Villain has to be related to canon somehow.
    -Navy ships + some marine characters
    -Luffy ending his fights with I'm going to be Pirate King.
    -Sunny uses flashy mechanic.
    -Luffy getting beaten the first fight.
    -Reusing jokes

Maybe there's more but I'm not overly critical about this movie or judging it as the same tier as Strong, Z or even Gold.
    I went in expecting nothing to make sense and well, it was fun despite it amounting to a 1h 30 minute long brawlfest with not much of an adventure.
    In terms of plot and writing, it has to be one of the worst movies but in terms of fun and excitement(fanservice), it's up there.
    Usopp's part got me but I felt like there's no need for him to apologize and that scene ruined everything and made me realize "oh right, I wasn't supposed to bother about writing in this movie".. but eh, they had to squeeze in something emotional like every movie.

Can we just please get a sole adventure movie without half the entire one piece world appearing for once? And a story that doesn't shake the entire world or involve some super legendary dude?
    Goddamnit. I wanted Dead End Adventure but I got an extended version of the Oars fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Can we just please get a sole adventure movie without half the entire one piece world appearing for once? And a story that doesn't shake the entire world or involve some super legendary dude?
    Goddamnit. I wanted Dead End Adventure but I got an extended version of the Oars fight.
    To be fair, it was supposed to be a celeberation of 20 years of One Piece. That's why it had to include half of the entire cast that was considered popular.

But I agree with you, we definitely need a solid movie with legitimately good writing. There is so much potential to create interesting original stories in the One Piece world, that they have to do it at some point.

For example, I think a cool story they can make would be maybe having someone like Zoro lose his memories and reverting back to his Pirate Hunter days and the movie could be him against the Straw Hats.

Or just a story on an Interesting Island where interesting stuff happens to the Straw Hats. As long as they all get to hang out for an extended period of time.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    To be fair, it was supposed to be a celeberation of 20 years of One Piece. That's why it had to include half of the entire cast that was considered popular.

But I agree with you, we definitely need a solid movie with legitimately good writing. There is so much potential to create interesting original stories in the One Piece world, that they have to do it at some point.

For example, I think a cool story they can make would be maybe having someone like Zoro lose his memories and reverting back to his Pirate Hunter days and the movie could be him against the Straw Hats.

Or just a story on an Interesting Island where interesting stuff happens to the Straw Hats. As long as they all get to hang out for an extended period of time.
    Movie 4, Movie 6 and Film Z were all pretty well written.

Well Japanese people liked this way more than film gold, and it showed in the reviews and box office numbers, and film gold is considered an adventure story.

This movie is a celebration of 20 years of the anime, of course they're going to put all the popular characters that appeared throughout the series. You will also have character interactions that would never be possible in the manga, and its of nice to see amazing animated fight scenes considering that we rarely get them in the anime. Personally, I'm really excited to see it

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information