+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 611

Thread: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

  1. #21
    Discovered Stowaway Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Breast of Nami's

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    While I did like how Oda made Shiki and Z canon characters. I did not like how the movies were not canon.

    So I am hoping maybe, this movie will be like Gold.

  2. #22

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    None of the movies are canon, including Gold.
    Continuity had never mattered in the movies and they can be enjoyed without it.

  3. #23
    Discovered Stowaway Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Breast of Nami's

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    And your point to mine was?

  4. #24

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    And your point to mine was?
    You said that you don't like that Strong World and Z weren't canon, so you want the next movie to be like Gold instead.
    In the context of what you were saying, you were implying that Film Gold is canon, even though there's no possible way for it to fit into the timeline.

    My point was that not a single movie has been considered canon to the story. Amd it shouldn't matter.

  5. #25
    Discovered Stowaway Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Breast of Nami's

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    You read my post wrong.

    Because Shiki and Z are canon but their movies were not. To me it seemed like a waste of character. We will most likely not see thoae characters in the canon material, and while enjoying the movie would not like a movie based on a Canon character.

    I want the film to be more like Gold, because Tesero is not canon himself so hes not a wasted canon character in a non canon movie.

  6. #26

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    You read my post wrong.

    Because Shiki and Z are canon but their movies were not. To me it seemed like a waste of character. We will most likely not see thoae characters in the canon material, and while enjoying the movie would not like a movie based on a Canon character.

    I want the film to be more like Gold, because Tesero is not canon himself so hes not a wasted canon character in a non canon movie.
    I think the only reason they were made canon was to hype up the movies.

  7. #27

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    You read my post wrong.

    Because Shiki and Z are canon but their movies were not. To me it seemed like a waste of character. We will most likely not see thoae characters in the canon material, and while enjoying the movie would not like a movie based on a Canon character.

    I want the film to be more like Gold, because Tesero is not canon himself so hes not a wasted canon character in a non canon movie.
    I see, then there was a misunderstanding.
    I wouldn't say Zephyr is canon because he's never been namedropped or referenced in the manga.
    As for Shiki, if that mysterious figure sitting with Crocus does turn out to be him, then it might be too soon to list him as "wasted".

  8. #28

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Who cares. You can view the movies as your own head canon if you desire even if like in the case of Gold it would be impossible.

  9. #29

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Just a thought, but I dont believe that them having not appeared yet makes them wasted. And im very glad those films were decanonized. The power-scaling gap problem becomes apparent in them immediately. Why no G4 against Z? how can preTS luffy even touch Shiki age be damned the previous generation were monsters.

  10. #30
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I see, then there was a misunderstanding.
    I wouldn't say Zephyr is canon because he's never been namedropped or referenced in the manga.
    As for Shiki, if that mysterious figure sitting with Crocus does turn out to be him, then it might be too soon to list him as "wasted".
    Apparently, Smoker's vivre card says he and Hina were Z's last students, so take that as you will.

  11. #31
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Apparently, Smoker's vivre card says he and Hina were Z's last students, so take that as you will.
    Ooooh. Could someone confirm this?



    Spoiler:

  12. #32
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Ooooh. Could someone confirm this?
    Alas, I can't pinpoint it, but it's in the vivre card thread somewhere here or at OJ.

  13. #33
    Discovered Stowaway Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Breast of Nami's

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    I couldn't find it. It is not mentioned on any sights I frequent.

    However, Z is canon. The timeline confirms it. Just not the movie.

  14. #34
    Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Film title "STAMPEDE" will be in 9 Aug 2019 !!

    Website

    http://www.onepiece-movie.jp/

    and Trailer



    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    poster !


  15. #35

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    Crossover with Trigun confirmed.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

  16. #36

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    That logo is sexy as fuck.


  17. #37

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    The hell is that, some kind of trash kaiju mecha monstrosity?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  18. #38

    Default Re: New One Piece Film in 2019

    I wonder why they decided to forego the "Film" branding.

    I think Oda's still involved with this movie.

  19. #39
    POE WUN BGR Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Shadow Aaron Island

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    There's a big hint in the trailer.

  20. #40
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: New One Piece Movie "Stampede" (August 2019)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There's a big hint in the trailer.
    And I know what I'll be wwatching at least 10 more times, tonight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts