+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Piece VTUBE: Mayumi Tanaka and Kappei Yamaguchi put on an act!

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Default One Piece VTUBE: Mayumi Tanaka and Kappei Yamaguchi put on an act!

To help promote the upcoming One Piece: Episode of Skypiea television special, Mayumi Tanaka and Kappei Yamaguchi put on motion capture devices and went full virtual with their One Piece characters. From ANN:

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    Some of the various exercises and goofy antics the two get into in the video include posing like their characters, dancing, acting like a manzai comedy duo, playing rock-paper-scissors, balancing on one leg, doing a "kancho" (think Kakashi's "One Thousand Years of Death" move from Naruto), acting out scenes from the One Piece anime, and playing charades. In the final charade about "Who" is "Doing What" "Where," Tanaka correctly guesses "In Skypeia, Vivi is imitating a Celestial Dragon."

Goofy stuff but quite funny:

Default Re: One Piece VTUBE: Mayumi Tanaka and Kappei Yamaguchi put on an act!

Honestly give it the time and technological improvement we get after the end of One Piece and this is One Piece kai material.

As an engineer working with those stuff I can assure you that CGI has a bright future (or present, look at Land of the Lustrous).
    Hell the One Piece "mugiwara chase" special episode is already a good example.

Anyway this was pretty fun XD

I don't know why I was expecting Mayumi Tanaka to go all out for that Hawk Gattling lol

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

LOL! Just trying to see Tanaka pull off a Gear 2nd while wearing that motion capture getup was worth it alone, even if she couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR
    Honestly give it the time and technological improvement we get after the end of One Piece and this is One Piece kai material.

As an engineer working with those stuff I can assure you that CGI has a bright future (or present, look at Land of the Lustrous).
    Hell the One Piece "mugiwara chase" special episode is already a good example.

Anyway this was pretty fun XD
    It is the biggest craze in Japan right now after the success of Kizuna Ai and it has helped open the door for a wide range of possibilities for anime characters to interact with real people.

I would love to see what other wacky possibilities the Japanese can come up with.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information