+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: " Shokugeki no Sanji " gets English Release !

Default Re: " Shokugeki no Sanji " gets English Release !

The Strip-Strip fruit. Now that's a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Greenness View Post
    I don't think this should be taken as a solid confirmation, but if it'll happen, between Toei and J.C.Staff I wonder which Studio would make the adaptation.
    Probably Toei becouse Shokugeki no Sanji it's a One Piece story (no one from Shokugeki no Sma appears).

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Probably Toei becouse Shokugeki no Sanji it's a One Piece story (no one from Shokugeki no Sma appears).
    In terms of the easier solution you're absolutely right, but for what would be better I think J.C Staff should do it and go all out on making the adaptation look as similar to Shokugeki no Sma as possible.

Sanji really has the quality as a character. I think Oda's plan was making Nami as the most important character alongside with Zoro after the Captain, but seeing that Sanji is more popular with his chivalry code, cooking and fighting skills, I think he changed his mind and put Sanji there instead of Nami. Now Sanji gets more screen time on manga and even gets a special chapter like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    Sanji really has the quality as a character. I think Oda's plan was making Nami as the most important character alongside with Zoro after the Captain, but seeing that Sanji is more popular with his chivalry code, cooking and fighting skills, I think he changed his mind and put Sanji there instead of Nami. Now Sanji gets more screen time on manga and even gets a special chapter like this one.
    Nami is definitely underutilized, espacielly after the timeskip, but I don't necessarily think that Sanji in particular has anything to do with that, he's been a combat focused character ever since Baratie and the spotlight he got during Whole Cake Island is no different from Nami Arlong Park, it probably has more to do with the bigger amount of straw hats we have now in comparison to east blue, which is why it's good that Oda had them seperated to get each one more individually involved.

New Shokugeki no Sanji special chapter will be published in Weekly Shonen Jump #05-06/2021 next 4th January!!!

Shokugeki no Sanji CP ! The Second Chapter is 39 Pages and will publish on Viz this coming Monday !

Cover in HQ

It's out on mangaplus

Like reading young Oda again.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    It's out on mangaplus
    feeling lame cause i can't find it. mind providing a link? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Awesome!

I'd like an entire volume of this series.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Shokugeki no Sanji is everything Shokugeki no Soma SHOULD HAVE BEEN! Love it!

Shokugeki no Souma was kinda like that.

Is it just the that gotta bothered that that a speech balloon covered Usopp face over the nose both times he appears?
    Besides brilliant chapter.

Why is there so much sexual tension between Sanji and Zoro in this chapter?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Is it just the that gotta bothered that that a speech balloon covered Usopp face over the nose both times he appears?
    Besides brilliant chapter.
    It's pretty clear that Saeki can't draw Luffy and Usopp, the two of them were barely in the chapter and were always obscured.

Spoiler:

Huh, I thought that was intentional because these chapters are about Sanji - and in this issue specifically his relationship with Zoro and Nami. Everyone else would just divert your attention, if only by a little. Obscuring them like this worked really well for me.

I expect more of this in the future, just other crewmembers being focused on.

I love how these chapters have been it's clear that they're being published due to the analytical prowess of these manga-ka.

This is building up on the foreshadowing Oda did with Sanji all the way back in Enies Lobby AND WCI. Sanji showed big ドン energy against Wanze by dual-wielding knives with precision. Judge discussed teaching Sanji how to use a sword.

Sanji has to be Zoro's training partner once he gets serious. Predictions (nothing new):
    1. Shiryu will kill Mihawk. Zoro will have to defeat Shiryu to become the best swordsman in the world.
    2. Zoro will train against Sanji, who has been holding himself back this whole time. Once Sanji gets serious, he's dangerous.
    3. Sanji has great observation haki, can become invisible, and is exceptionally fast. All necessary if Zoro wants to take down invisible swordsman Shiryu.
    4. Zatoichi Zoro will lose another eye against Shiryu, becoming the blind swordsman. Doesn't matter; he'll still win after awakening Observation Haki.
    5. Of course, Zoro will have to take down Issho eventually too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information