+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: " Shokugeki no Sanji " gets English Release !

Default Re: " Shokugeki no Sanji " gets English Release !

Awesome one shot... Pre TS Sanji <3

Feels like the standard shoukugeki format without the shoukugeki!
    But good to see zeff and the others again.

Also, just curious as to why the tribute from these guys? Are they oda's students or they are just big fans?

Alvida's origin story ?

It was one hell of a boring chapter. But on the other hand, I wished he would have worked with Oda for the Bigmom cake
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Never read Soma, but I really liked this chapter. I think it did more to show the cook skills of Sanji than WCI as a whole... I could almost feel the warm smell of lobster on the page it was served.

I don't get why she had to be thin on the happy page, but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    It was one hell of a boring chapter. But on the other hand, I wished he would have worked with Oda for the Bigmom cake
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Never read Soma, but I really liked this chapter. I think it did more to show the cook skills of Sanji than WCI as a whole... I could almost feel the warm smell of lobster on the page it was served.

I don't get why she had to be thin on the happy page, but whatever...
    You folks really don't know what Soma is all about.
    Spoiler:

Food Wars is great and this chapter was as well.

It's all the more welcomed since we don't have chapters for the next two weeks.

SKADI IS A HELL OF A DRUG MrBits's Avatar

This chapter went exactly how I expected it to.

Not a fan of what little I've read of Soma, and this was only somewhat better because of my One Piece bias. The best thing about it was just seeing the Baratie characters in a different artstyle (Patty and Carne were on point).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

A fantastic crossover.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

That was boring and uninspired. The critic was talking about how bad the food was, and instead of doing something similar to the anime filler. Where Sanji uses the leftovers. He goes right ahead and cooks a high rate, prestigious meal. The messages seems disjointed.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

This chapter was better than Soma itself ever has been.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

The art was good but I really wish they did more with it. The foodgasm itself could have been way more interesting than just 'she gets thin for a second'. It was kinda like chapter 1 of Shokugeki no Soma but worse. At least Sanji was sexy as hell

Nothing outstanding, but it was still a nice read.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    That was boring and uninspired. The critic was talking about how bad the food was, and instead of doing something similar to the anime filler. Where Sanji uses the leftovers. He goes right ahead and cooks a high rate, prestigious meal. The messages seems disjointed.
    Sanji cooking from scratch or using the leftovers as basis would pass the same message (that is, the Baratie can cook great things but she was right that what was served initially was second-rate).

However that's not the point of the chapter. Sanji's point in cooking something absurdly good was not to prove the woman was wrong when she said the first dish was not that good, but to prove that the Baratie can do state-of-the-art cuisine but they chose not to because that's not what the Baratie exists for. They are not there to serve food that will fit into fancy criteria, but to provide food to hungry people sailing the seas - he is basically saying they can meet the parameters she uses to judge the quality of a restaurant, but they focus on something much bigger and noble rather than following her narrow view of what good food is.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Sanji cooking from scratch or using the leftovers as basis would pass the same message (that is, the Baratie can cook great things but she was right that what was served initially was second-rate).

However that's not the point of the chapter. Sanji's point in cooking something absurdly good was not to prove the woman was wrong when she said the first dish was not that good, but to prove that the Baratie can do state-of-the-art cuisine but they chose not to because that's not what the Baratie exists for. They are not there to serve food that will fit into fancy criteria, but to provide food to hungry people sailing the seas - he is basically saying they can meet the parameters she uses to judge the quality of a restaurant, but they focus on something much bigger and noble rather than following her narrow view of what good food is.
    Which is why he made her finish the rest of the food too.

Was good to see the Baratie chars again. I liked this more than I enjoyed Sanji's cooking in WCI tbh.

Tho was surprised he wasn't perving on the woman.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Lol I didn't need to see that.

Fun chapter. Enjoyed it. It's very loyal to the Baratie arc and I also like the dynamics from Food Wars.

I agree with anyone that says that this kind of portrayal was needed for the cake baking in WCI (and I actually support this plot)... not because Sanji is hot af here (although I appreciate it), but because it actually shows Sanji cooking the food. You know, Oda, it's not that difficult, you just need to show Sanji cracking some eggs and pouring some flour in the bowl with flashy movements, maybe improvising something because one of the key ingredients was missing... that's all I want, really. Oh, maybe a little more Pudding chemistry in the mix too.

According to an interview with Yuto Tsukada (Shokugeki no Soma writer), Eiichiro Oda said that there will be an Anime version of the Shokugeki no Sanji special!!!

https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/inter...od-wars-writer

Last edited by redon; October 23rd, 2019 at 02:03 PM.

I don't think this should be taken as a solid confirmation, but if it'll happen, between Toei and J.C.Staff I wonder which Studio would make the adaptation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information