+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 911: A Great Adventure in the Land of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of the last couple dchapters. Mostly probably because we left Reverie. But I think I might have digested that and can now focus on the arc that everyone and their grandma was looking forward too (except me, I never really got that hype).

Anyway. I like O-Tama and her grandpa. And Tama's power freaked me out a little. Like, we were freaking out when Big Mom ate children, and here is a girl who volunteers to be eaten.
    I hope we don't get a repeat of Capone with Hawkins.
    of course hawkins will be an ally given how him and apoo were "recruited"

A freaking Tengu! lol

I have like no interest in this Tama girl whatsoever.

Hidden:

Jimbei can't fit the colorspead's doors, that's why oda doesn't use him.

- LOVE that color spread.

- Tama is adorable. Only bothered with her also being named Tama like the sphinx we got two chapters ago (granted both names are written differently in Japanese) and not a big fan of her design since she looks exactly like Rika, who was also presented feeding one of our main characters with rice (!). But she is adorable.

- The tengu guy... too early to judge him, but so far whatever. He looks cool, but I was hoping a OP!tengu would be more of a funny/bizarre parody of a tengu. However, I get the feeling he is actually just a normal guy pretending to be a tengu. I would particularly like if his sword with a "fan like" handguard was actually a very very veeeery poor attempt of disguising his sword as a tengu fan (and Tama never noticed).

- The true question left out of the chapter is where is the octopus. And too bad the rest of the crew is apparently sticking together, I was hoping Chopper would be left without both Luffy and Sanji to protect him and maybe this could lead to him using the Rumble Ball to protect himself against the Beast Pirates (and then a whole lot of development I am hoping he gets this arc).

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    - The tengu guy... too early to judge him, but so far whatever. He looks cool, but I was hoping a OP!tengu would be more of a funny/bizarre parody of a tengu. However, I get the feeling he is actually just a normal guy pretending to be a tengu. I would particularly like if his sword with a "fan like" handguard was actually a very very veeeery poor attempt of disguising his sword as a tengu fan (and Tama never noticed).
    So he is a Birkan?

Hidden:

Man, there are probably so many references to asian culture that are going over my head, but I'm loving the vibe of Wano so far. Luffy backhanding the tranquilizer goon as soon as he set his sights on him was a nice little callback to what he gained in his fight with Katakuri as well. Tama seems very cute so far, I liked her little "What are you doing?" - "Well, I'm surrendering to you" banter with Luffy, even though it's also a little sad that this is her first reaction.

Seems like we're in for an odyssey of finding the other crew members, as well as Kinemon and the others, but also on a direct course of confrontation with Hawkins already. I don't think he ever came face to face with Luffy and his shtick of foretelling probabilities is gonna make for some fun interactions with Luffy's knick for overcoming said probabilities. I also think sooner or later we're gonna be in for a Smile factory infiltration/destruction, that could be fun, too.
    We all float down here!

lmfao, Kaido tamed the whole "worst generation". I'm glad that Kidd hasn't become a little bitch tho

And I like how we're quickly dealing with serious things.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

My gripe with last chapter was that the whirlpool sequence went too fast. I love how Oda showed what happened this chapter.

Also, as usual, the actual chapter was so much better than the spoilers made it seem and trashed pretty much all the cynicism in the first few pages of the spoiler thread.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Sure is a convenient that Ace was the person she was waiting for.

Hawkins is not the strongest supernova. But he definitely is the most beautiful

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Hawkins is not the strongest supernova. But he definitely is the most beautiful
    And he is clockbeard's son!
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Altogether an enjoyable chapter. I liked the wink to Luffy's recently-honed CoO, and also Tama's attitude at large plus the Tengu guy. At first I though he was wearing a mask, or make-up, but apparently the Tengu face is his own.
    I am however a little bummed that we're once again spending time with Luffy alone. Would have preferred instead to have an adventure with the whole crew, because those occasions are so rare and it feels like they've barely spent any time together after leaving Big Mom's territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Luffy will be reunited with the sunny team soon so chopper can heal this girls.

or reunited with law, since he needs to shine more as doctor.

So O-Tama has Haō-shoku no Kēki?

Edit: I was hoping Luffy would say "Thanks, O-Tama!".
    Last edited by Portgas-D-Ace; July 12th, 2018 at 06:31 AM.

Very nice chapter! Liked it a lot.

-O-Tama is cool! In the spoilers I thought her DF was a lot like Katakuri's, but of course, her level of mastery of the fruit is so low that she only creates a few dumplings but nah, that wiki page posted here, and the "paw" thing clears this doubt. Is like the Tame Tame no mi?

-I thought that Tengu was actually Usopp for a moment (like 1s). It'll be fun if the crew mistake him for Usopp like they did with Kaku in Water 7.

-Luffy sweet haki perfomances, that scope frames and then the attack coming next were awesome!!

-Nice color spread, it brings back the good old color spreads, but man.. where's Jimbe? :(

Anyway, I'm liking Wano and I feel like Oda is having a great time drawing it. I admit I was kinda hoping for a crew reunion, but I think the wait will make it worth.

Looks like she's gonna need Law to cure her

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    At first I though he was wearing a mask, or make-up, but apparently the Tengu face is his own.
    Why do you think that? It clearly seems to be a mask. Or a makeup.

rushed through a decent amount of character info just so we can end on the Ace portion of her story, but whatever. Small gripe in an arc that’s bound to be absolutely massive and tons of fun.

love the character designs and really like how Basil Hawkins, magician turned headliner, chose the third option between Kidd and Scratchman.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

all this will be much beatiful once the colored version is out

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information