+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Netflix announces new animated series from Avatar: The Last Airbender writers

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: Netflix announces new animated series from Avatar: The Last Airbender writers

Finished Season 1.

I got used to the animation as episodes went on.

Spoiler:
    I'm going to call it that the King's soul is in a coin along with the Elf assassins. Virens kids are both idiots lol and because of that it's hard to tell if they are on their dads side fully or if they are acting on misguided beliefs.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: Netflix announces new animated series from Avatar: The Last Airbender writers

Yeah, I decided to trust on everyone saying the frame rate thing got better as the series goes and forced myself to keep going. It was still a problem to me for 2 or 3 more episodes but then it got much better.

Sadly, managing to get over the frame rate issue made me focus on the series itself and... well... I disliked it. Strongly.
    Spoiler:
    The writing is terribly messy and contrived, the characters are inconsistent, the humor is dumb and annoyingly used (at some point I felt like the characters had the need to be funny in every single line). By the 7th episode I caught myself forcing to watch it again, and this time it had nothing to do with the animation. Also, I feel like the main characters have almost no perceivable personality traits to set them apart from each other, they are all basically just "ironic good kids"... except Callum takes it one notch too high and crosses the line between entertaining and annoying by the second episode - and just keeps going.

When I finally finished the season the only thing I could feel was that I am 20 years too old to enjoy this and I think that's the problem really. The character behavior really screams pre-teen and I think that's the whole point, this show is not meant for me but for someone who could be my child.

Good things:
    - Claudia is adorable. There is no other word for her. And as far as mascots go, Bait is a great choice.
    - Amaya and the representation in itself was great already, but I particularly loved the fact that her two clearly most important moments were not translated by Gren. They were left only in sign language so we'll have to trust the fans who can understand sign language to translate it for us on the internet and I could just imagine how amazing it must feel for a deaf kid to have this moment made for them (and entrusted to them).

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm going to call it that the King's soul is in a coin along with the Elf assassins.
    Spoiler:
    C'mon, clearly his soul was exchanged with the bird's.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Spoiler:
    C'mon, clearly his soul was exchanged with the bird's.
    Somehow I didn't actually think about that
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Oooo. I'd like that. I hadn't considered that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I know someone here works on RWBY. But I just can't watch it. I really don't like the way it looks or moves.
    taboo will be so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I haven't watched since S3 or RWBY, but I remember there was a lot of over-gesticulating and other odd movements.
    I can see the over-gesticulating in RWBY, but I don't remember any odd movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I watched maybe the first few RWBY episodes and, aside from the weird animation, I just found it be horribly dull and tediously-paced (yes, I've heard it gets better).
    It does. Season 3 is the top so far. I advise you to try more of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information