View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

    225 77.05%
  • Basil Hawkins

    118 40.41%
  • X Drake

    139 47.60%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

    69 23.63%
  • Gekko Moriah

    83 28.42%
  • ???

    46 15.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1403

Thread: Official Wano Thread

  1. #1381

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Now that we know Onigashima is practically a bomb, I feel it has to explode at some point. It's a Chekov's bomb. So, this requires everyone leaves the island beforehand somehow, don't ask me how. I think I've figured out the end of the arc.


    Luffy is gonna punch Kaido into the island so hard it explodes, creating massive fireworks above the flower capital. The massive symbolism there seems like the kind of thing Oda loves to end battles with.

  2. #1382

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Luffy is gonna punch Kaido into the island so hard it explodes, creating massive fireworks above the flower capital. The massive symbolism there seems like the kind of thing Oda loves to end battles with.
    And then debris of the destroyed Onigashima rain fire and death on the capital, which is barely better than Kaido's initial intention ? I can see the explosion and symbolic fireworks part happening, but not quite above the capital. Would be a shame, too, if Luffy explodes problems out of the sky and thus makes Momonosuke's growth all for nothing.

  3. #1383
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Yeah, at this point if Onigashima explodes at any point, even if it lands on the mountains it'll rein fire on a good deal of Wano. It'd wreak havoc for quite some time even during recovery.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  4. #1384

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Zoro will slash them into tiny bits of dust.

  5. #1385
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Zoro will slash them into tiny bits of dust.
    He'd need to be much faster to do that to all of it.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  6. #1386

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Since this is the official Wano thread, will use this to voice this out:

    Queen is awesome. One Piece villain. His antics throughout Wano has been fun. I've even watched some of the scenes how they translated to the anime - wasn't disappointed at all..

  7. #1387

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Silvers View Post
    Since this is the official Wano thread, will use this to voice this out:

    Queen is awesome. One Piece villain. His antics throughout Wano has been fun. I've even watched some of the scenes how they translated to the anime - wasn't disappointed at all..
    Seriously.

    At this point Queen is vastly more interesting to me than Kaido. Hopefully that changes as we find out about Kaido's backstory.

    But Queen has been such a fun bad guy. And keeps bringing surprises, like his attack in the last chapter that just make me love this guy.


    It will be criminal if Oda doesn't give him a cover story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  8. #1388

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    I'm taking Zik's advice and try to move here the little debate that originated in the next crewmate thread a few days ago:

    Do you think Wano will become part of the World Government by the end of this arc?

    I'm quite convinced that yes, it will, it seemed to me the most logical outcome even before we heard confirmation from Lucci that warship are heading there, based on what we knew already and a couple of "meta"considerations. I'll try and summarize briefly what convinced me:

    1) Kaido won't shut up about how important Wano is for still unknown reason, and we know it to be true and that it ties in multiple ways to the lost history. WG is surely not missing a chance to secure it under its watch, and especially is not risking having another pirate, one that has the poneglyph reader onboard even, replace kaido as its overlord;

    2)WG knows nothing of Wano actual condition, recent history, actual military power. So they're approaching it as a "piracy rollback" operation. They can't imagine there's a "Open Wano to the world" party about to take over (i don't think the cp0s reporting from the raid have even remotedly thal level of insight). So they of course assume they're gong to get mostly by force, but an actually peaceful solution would be in their complete interest too.

    3) Opening Wano borders in itself is arguably a synonym of joining the WG, as any other solution would leave it still isolated from the regular trafic of trade and visitors. Moreso if you consider that isolation meant becoming the HQ of one of the biggest criminals in the world, the WG can easily make a point of Wano being a danger for itself and the rest of the world if left to its own devices;

    4) Momo's rule will make all of Orochi's wrongs right, sure, but right now Wano is suffering from 20 years of famine and enslavement. Most of its finest elite was wiped out long ago and all in all the country can't possibly face a war against the whole world. Repel a couple assaults, maybe, but it's a strategical suicide. The ability to compromise and take difficult decision to benefit the people of te country would be a good display of leadership from Momo, markig his surpassing of his father.

    5) The warship on the way are very likely equipping the new super duper vegapunk weapon. The one that convinced the very cautious WG discard the whole 7 warlords system over a litteral forthnight. There's no way they're not using it witht the opportunity to take down 3 emperors and subdue an 800 year "rebellious" country. And it should be effective, or all the hype would be for nothing and also beacuse
    6) the Navy needs do do something. Sakazuki taking the lead was supposed to be a huge thing when we learned about it in FI, but they have been almost a non-factor for the whole new world, the few times that were featured being allies or neutral. Sakazuki himself feels really unimpressive. It seemed to be this menacing fascist supersoldier who wasn't araid of playing dirty or killing main charachters in the present before timeskip, but since then we've only see him getting angry at people for disobeying him, and those people barely caring and basically tolerating him. Them being one of the big things to worry about in the endgame is what i'd expect and it's now or never for that at this point.

    to sum it up, basically, while nothing will preclude Momo and the others to continue supporting and endorse the strawhats, avoiding a confrontation with the world government is the only sensible option, at least in the short period, while the navy can still walk away with the merit of taking tdown at the very least Kaido, and possibly big mom too, as the first achievement after discarding the warlords, it's a big deal. WG is determined to claim it one way or another, so there doesn't seem to be a relistic third -peaceful- way out of it.

    I'm curious to read other takes on this matter though, as i very likely may be missing something crucial here.
    Last edited by Alfiere; October 25th, 2021 at 08:18 AM.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

  9. #1389

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    King and Elizabello will have a lawsuit on King Punch patent ownership
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

  10. #1390
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    It would've been a nice addition or reveal if Kaido had a prominent member in his crew that use to be a Gecko pirate.

    Fits in Kaido's view about all pirates eventually betraying each other when things get tough just to survive/win. So somebody like Moria's 1st mate.

    Would've been more of a reason for Moria to show up in Wano.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  11. #1391
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    It would've been a nice addition or reveal if Kaido had a prominent member in his crew that use to be a Gecko pirate.

    Fits in Kaido's view about all pirates eventually betraying each other when things get tough just to survive/win. So somebody like Moria's 1st mate.

    Would've been more of a reason for Moria to show up in Wano.
    Seeing that Moria is holding a grudge because they are all dead it's more likely he killed them all because no one was worthy to be recruited.



  12. #1392
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Seeing that Moria is holding a grudge because they are all dead it's more likely he killed them all because no one was worthy to be recruited.
    Moria could still hold that same grudge if all of his crew died by Kaido's hand cuz of one traitor he no longer considers nakama.

    Also I don't think Moria's crew weren't worth recruiting. I think they stood tall and by the side of their defeated captain, refused to defect, and probably sacrificed themselves in order for him to escape.

    Cuz from what I've seen, when Kaido gives you the choice to join him he'll take your crew as well. He doesn't mind adding more fodder to his army.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  13. #1393
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Moria could still hold that same grudge if all of his crew died by Kaido's hand cuz of one traitor he no longer considers nakama.

    Also I don't think Moria's crew weren't worth recruiting. I think they stood tall and by the side of their defeated captain, refused to defect, and probably sacrificed themselves in order for him to escape.

    Cuz from what I've seen, when Kaido gives you the choice to join him he'll take your crew as well. He doesn't mind adding more fodder to his army.
    That's a valid scenario. However it's just as possible that Kaido killed them because they didn't have plot armor. I mean sometimes Oda does wonders and include insignificant characters like these to add more flavour to the story. And sometimes he totally misses the call on a proper cameo moment. Like during the Ma-bleh-ford arc when he introduced a crapload of allied pirate crews that sailed under Whitebeards banner to rescue Ace. But not a single former Spade Pirate. Yeah, I know, the arc was packed too much anyways but heck, at least have someone in the background we find out later was a Spade Pirate. Nothing. And I just think that even if your scenario would be happening it's nothing Oda would pull.



  14. #1394
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    That's a valid scenario. However it's just as possible that Kaido killed them because they didn't have plot armor.
    That's the scenario I think everyone assumes happened.

    I just think the Moria nakama/traitor angle hammers down Kaido's whole pirate outlook and to a further extent his view on humans (based off his experiences. I'm sure watching the Rocks pirates constantly turn on each other and then fall a part had its affects.
    I mean sometimes Oda does wonders and include insignificant characters like these to add more flavour to the story. And sometimes he totally misses the call on a proper cameo moment. Like during the Ma-bleh-ford arc when he introduced a crapload of allied pirate crews that sailed under Whitebeards banner to rescue Ace. But not a single former Spade Pirate. Yeah, I know, the arc was packed too much anyways but heck, at least have someone in the background we find out later was a Spade Pirate. Nothing. And I just think that even if your scenario would be happening it's nothing Oda would pull.
    Yeah, Oda misses or forgets to cash on those things but in my head I just think to myself when a pirate captain disbanded his crew most of them go on to pursue other careers not associated with piracy. Look at Rayleigh living low-key as a ship coater spending most of his time gambling. This is what I figure happened at Roger's execution. Yeah Roger disbanded the crew but I feel like had they heard their former captain was going to be executed they'd show up to save him even if they knew he was going to die anyway other than Shanks (and I think Buggy? I forget). All those lesser known guys probably just went on with their lives.

    So I figure some of those Spade pirates stopped being pirates when they got absorbed in to the WB pirates. Some probably stayed and those are the ones who probably should've showed up though.

    Deuce for example, probably stopped being a pirate and became a full time writer.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  15. #1395
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    That's the scenario I think everyone assumes happened.

    I just think the Moria nakama/traitor angle hammers down Kaido's whole pirate outlook and to a further extent his view on humans (based off his experiences. I'm sure watching the Rocks pirates constantly turn on each other and then fall a part had its affects.
    Hey, I'm one of the few that actually holds on to the belief that we'll get at least a little glimpse of a Moria/Kaido confrontation in one way or another (though the ship for Nightmare Luffy.2 has long sailed) so I would welcome a scenario like this. I just don't see it happening but I'll gladly embrace it if it happened.

    Yeah, Oda misses or forgets to cash on those things but in my head I just think to myself when a pirate captain disbanded his crew most of them go on to pursue other careers not associated with piracy. Look at Rayleigh living low-key as a ship coater spending most of his time gambling. This is what I figure happened at Roger's execution. Yeah Roger disbanded the crew but I feel like had they heard their former captain was going to be executed they'd show up to save him even if they knew he was going to die anyway other than Shanks (and I think Buggy? I forget). All those lesser known guys probably just went on with their lives.

    So I figure some of those Spade pirates stopped being pirates when they got absorbed in to the WB pirates. Some probably stayed and those are the ones who probably should've showed up though.

    Deuce for example, probably stopped being a pirate and became a full time writer.
    The problem I'm having with this is that it would somehow deminish the bond Ace had with his crewmates. I mean they were ready to take on Whitebeard to get their captain back, got beaten and then taken to be part of the WB themselves if I remember Thatch's words (was it him?) correctly. It took Ace a long while to accept Whitebeard so I'm sure that if they stayed they understood that Ace didn't just turn his back on his ideals easily. Otherwise it gives of the "it was fun while it lasted but now I'm hanging up on my dreams and trying to make this old dude the Pirate King. Sorry suckers" feeling. If those guys were real pirates when they sailed under Ace's flag then I don't see how they would stop to embrace the adventure they would have sailing with the big boys.

    Or to look at it from a different perspective. Imagine Luffy would have been the one. Yes, we know that he would never sail under Whitebeards flag but let's just assume that he would, even if it's just for the time being do so, I don't see the Strawhats leaving him. And I most definitely don't see them not coming to his resque when he's about to be executed at Marine HQ.



  16. #1396
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Or to look at it from a different perspective. Imagine Luffy would have been the one. Yes, we know that he would never sail under Whitebeards flag but let's just assume that he would, even if it's just for the time being do so, I don't see the Strawhats leaving him. And I most definitely don't see them not coming to his resque when he's about to be executed at Marine HQ.
    If Luffy got under someone's banner and has basically gotten to his final stop I could Zoro continuing to explore to become stronger or Nami finding a place to settle and make her map. Or chopper becoming a full time doctor some place. They want to help Luffy accomplish his goal but if no longer has a goal to get to and has the support system where he'll be safe and get help there's not as much need to be around. And I also assume most pirates working under Ace stayed with Ace on Whitebeard ship as part of the second commander fleet. And the rest trusted Whitebeard to live up to his name, considered it part of Ace adventures or just couldnt make it.



  17. #1397
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    If Luffy got under someone's banner and has basically gotten to his final stop I could Zoro continuing to explore to become stronger or Nami finding a place to settle and make her map. Or chopper becoming a full time doctor some place. They want to help Luffy accomplish his goal but if no longer has a goal to get to and has the support system where he'll be safe and get help there's not as much need to be around. And I also assume most pirates working under Ace stayed with Ace on Whitebeard ship as part of the second commander fleet. And the rest trusted Whitebeard to live up to his name, considered it part of Ace adventures or just couldnt make it.
    Depends on if it's the "final stop" as you say or if it's actually a relationship that supports you. Let's just compare Whitebeard and Kaido here. While Ace was in the dark about Newgate actually fully intending to make Ace claim the top, Whitebeard did say something along the lines to roam free under his banner. Kaido on the other hand just wants to make the world burn and is looking for strong subordinates. So if Luffy would follow a guy like Whitebeard then I would see everyone still staying with him because a) it would still align with their own dreams and b) it would support Luffy achieving his one. If Luffy followed Kaido however it would most likely end in a similar scenario as when Usopp fought Luffy.

    So since Ace chose to follow Whitebeard and not Kaido, I kinda find it a letdown that we didn't see a single Spade Pirate during the Summit Lunchbreak Skirmish.



  18. #1398
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Depends on if it's the "final stop" as you say or if it's actually a relationship that supports you. Let's just compare Whitebeard and Kaido here. While Ace was in the dark about Newgate actually fully intending to make Ace claim the top, Whitebeard did say something along the lines to roam free under his banner. Kaido on the other hand just wants to make the world burn and is looking for strong subordinates. So if Luffy would follow a guy like Whitebeard then I would see everyone still staying with him because a) it would still align with their own dreams and b) it would support Luffy achieving his one. If Luffy followed Kaido however it would most likely end in a similar scenario as when Usopp fought Luffy.
    Only reason to join under someone is if you find it a good status quo or plan to make a betrayal. Ace stop looking to be at at the top and found a status quo he enjoyed. If Luffy is in that position where he is cared for and has a position he enjoys I can see someone feeling they leave Luffy now in place where he is content. If its the betrayal play they would probably be around.

    So since Ace chose to follow Whitebeard and not Kaido, I kinda find it a letdown that we didn't see a single Spade Pirate during the Summit Lunchbreak Skirmish.
    I assume they were simply part of the second fleet since last we heard they came back to the boat and had their ass kick same as Ace. So its just part of 16 fleet. And the few that left couldnt make it(like could Usopp make it to Marine ford by himself? I doubt it) or trusted Whitebeard to be good enough to protect him or did Roger pirate thing of considering it to be his life and let him live his adventure.

    My problem wasnt a lack of spades pirates(I assumed they were the second fleet). And more that I wanted people Ace met before he became part of Whitebeard crew.



  19. #1399
    Ah ha! I think i did it!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Not going to go through 70 pages...but what's the consensus on the idea of the Mugiwara fleet showing up in Wano at some point? I just re-watched the episode where Sabo made a vivre card for Luffy...so it seems like it would be feasible for the fleet to head over once they hear about stuff going down.

  20. #1400

    Default Re: Official Wano Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by meundies View Post
    Not going to go through 70 pages...but what's the consensus on the idea of the Mugiwara fleet showing up in Wano at some point? I just re-watched the episode where Sabo made a vivre card for Luffy...so it seems like it would be feasible for the fleet to head over once they hear about stuff going down.
    It was probably a foreshadowing for something even bigger. Since the beginning of Wano, we've been many to say that there are enough allies in Wano to take down Kaido.
    Moreover, it would take days to get there while there is only 5minutes left before Onigashima crushes the flower capital...

    So they're either coming to prevent the marines "to arrest" everyone, or they just don't come


    But yeah, I don't know what Oda had in mind when he foreshadowed this. The endgame war "that will engulf the entire world" ? Of course the fleet is gonna be part of it, I expect literally anyone on the planet to take part on it, lol
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts