View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

225 77.05%
  • Basil Hawkins

118 40.41%
  • X Drake

139 47.60%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

69 23.63%
  • Gekko Moriah

83 28.42%
  • ???

46 15.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1402

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    You've given up on Big Mom?
    Never, Big Mom is my delightfully irredeemable waifu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto View Post
    There are small nuances, like his weird honor streak and courtesy towards his enemies that feel like hints towards a deeper motivation. It doesn't feel like we're supposed to see him as evil as most OP villains.
    It's tough, because I recognise (and I've wrote about it before) that Kaido has a lot of the idiosyncrasies and contradictions that should make for a compelling character. He wants to die, but only wants to do so in glorious fashion against a strong enemy. He inflicts cruel, systematic suffering on the people of Wano but expresses a strong sense of fair play otherwise. He's violently abusive to Yamato but seemingly respects his desire to be a son instead of a daughter. He has this reputation as a serious and terrifying figure of the pirating world, but he's a sloppy, emotional drunk. On paper, that sounds like a lot to explore, but I rarely get that vibe when I'm watching him.

I think one factor is that his most interesting quirks rarely interact with the main cast. He might be in his fun drunk mode when he enters the scene, but the first blow knocks him back into boring serious mode. No one challenges his sense of fairness with the soul-crushing system he's put the Wano citizens in. That desire to be beaten by a strong enemy doesn't manifest during the fight in the form of encouragement or demands to be hit harder, it just comes as an expression of disappointment after he wins, when there's no way for his opponent to respond to it.

He's had his moments, like slaying the face hag for unbalancing his fight with Oden, or telling Big Mom to stay back and let the Supernova squad try their best against him first, but most of the time when he's onscreen with the protagonists he just acts like a generic scowling muscle wall.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrfizzz View Post
    He feels more like a pre-timeskip villain in that regard. Since Hody, every villain has been an unapologetically evil, irredeemable jerk. Kaido has a bit more of the Crocodile or Moria in him, it seems.

Hi.
    In what way are Crocodile and Moria not evil jerks? Almost all major One Piece villains, pre and post-timeskip, have been.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrfizzz View Post
    He feels more like a pre-timeskip villain in that regard. Since Hody, every villain has been an unapologetically evil, irredeemable jerk. Kaido has a bit more of the Crocodile or Moria in him, it seems.
    Crocodile and Moria are neither less unapologetically evil than the likes of Doflamingo. Big Mom or even Orochi.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I think some ppl think Crocodile showing up on Luffy's side during Marineford and a passing response about no interest in Vivi or Alabasta anymore have ppl thinking he's somewhat been redeemed or on the road to it since he's so cool they want it anyway.

With Moria its the inverse. Also during Marineford, hell, before it when the WG had to cover for his L to Luffy he's been viewed as a chump. To the point they decided to have him killed and blame it on the war. He ran away with his tail between his legs as if he was a WB ally. Then add that it was Kaido that killed his crew and split his neck and made Moria lose his chin? Who doesn't pity this guy to the point they look past his irredeemable qualities?

Wouldn't be surprised if some story developments will have ppl looking back at Doflamingo with rose colored glasses.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

So did i get this straight, all the dinosaur Fruits (King, Queen, Drake) are variants of the "Dragon Dragon" fruit, yet Kaidos mythical Dragon is a version of the Fish Fish fruit? If Dragon Fruits are a thing why isnt it a Dragon Dragon: model azure Dragon fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    So did i get this straight, all the dinosaur Fruits (King, Queen, Drake) are variants of the "Dragon Dragon" fruit, yet Kaidos mythical Dragon is a version of the Fish Fish fruit? If Dragon Fruits are a thing why isnt it a Dragon Dragon: model azure Dragon fruit?
    Cuz in Japanese that's the word they use for dinosaurs.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Cuz in Japanese that's the word they use for dinosaurs.
    That makes alot of sense. Translation should probably just call them dinosaur dinosaur fruit though to make it less confusing.

That makes alot of sense. Translation should probably just call them dinosaur dinosaur fruit though to make it less confusing.
    Yeah I get that but I think of it this way, we're probably not going to see another dragon type devil fruit anyway to have different models based on it like the dinosaurs do (probably..... maybe).

Not including Momo cuz he ate a defective DF knockoff.
    Last.fm

Yeah I get that but I think of it this way, we're probably not going to see another dragon type devil fruit anyway to have different models based on it like the dinosaurs do (probably..... maybe).

Not including Momo cuz he ate a defective DF knockoff.
    If "Mythical" fruits are based on creatures that do not exist outside of myths and legends, and some form of dragon really does exist in the wild in the world of One Piece, then you could in theory have a regular Zoan, non mythical version of a dragon fruit.

If "Mythical" fruits are based on creatures that do not exist outside of myths and legends, and some form of dragon really does exist in the wild in the world of One Piece, then you could in theory have a regular Zoan, non mythical version of a dragon fruit.
    I feel like in One Piece' s case, all mythical zoans actually existed in real life. We already know dragons existed cuz of the Wanted One shot and the story of Ryumma killing a dragon. I think the same for the rest as far as a phoenix, 9 tailed fox, Orochi, etc. They existed but we're rare and thus became myths. So the devil fruit version would still be categorized as mythical zoans.

I feel like as far as zoans go we're going to learn those devil fruits come from real animals. Not just based on them.

So as far as dragons go, there's the European type dragon that we saw as an actual animal in Punk Hazard that may have a devil fruit on it. Then there's the mythical yellow dragon of the center that may have a DF (but I'm guessing that's what Momo may awaken to become).

After that there aren't many other types of dragons.
    Last.fm

I can't stress enough what a bad character Kuzoki Oden is. Probably the worst character in the Manga to play such a prominent role.

It's an example of Oda failing to "show not tell". We are constantly told how great Oden was, but he never actually comes across as particularly interesting or great.

Oden is what some incels call : chad
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Oden is what some incels call : chad
    He is supposed to be a Chad, we are constantly told what a Chad he was, but it's never really convincing and the character just feels flat and unlikeable.

Everything about Oden is mediocre yet he is shipped as this super duper incredible guy who Roger and Whitebeard just can't get enough of for some reason.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Japanese for dinosaur is "kyoryu" which means "scary dragon", so Ryu-ryu are dinosaurs.

For Kaido, there is a legend of carp transforming into dragon after climbing waterfall (and you know how Magikarp > Gyarados is), and in Japan, oriental dragon like Kaido are closely attributed to water, hence fish.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

I personally have no issue with Oden. Like when we first met the character he was unlikable, but throughout the flashback I really grown to like him for who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I personally have no issue with Oden. Like when we first met the character he was unlikable, but throughout the flashback I really grown to like him for who he is.
    The problem is the overhype. The character would be fine if Oda didn't put him on such a pedestal. Oden is a flawed character who makes tons of mistakes, yet those are never really acknowledged and he's instead treated like this perfect almost demi-God by everyone else.

The problem is the overhype. The character would be fine if Oda didn't put him on such a pedestal. Oden is a flawed character who makes tons of mistakes, yet those are never really acknowledged and he's instead treated like this perfect almost demi-God by everyone else.
    It never felt like that way to me. Well, I guess certain characters did put Oden in high regard, but I think that's just because he inspired them. Like with the Scabbards for example or his own son Momo.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    It never felt like that way to me. Well, I guess certain characters did put Oden in high regard, but I think that's just because he inspired them. Like with the Scabbards for example or his own son Momo.
    Whitebeard and Roger just couldn't get enough of him

He was a wide eyed bundle of joy and excitement seeing everything as a new adventure cuz he was ignorant to most things.

Plus he could fight.

It's not like Roger or Whitebeard were depicted as particularly stingy with their friendliness.
    Last.fm

Well, you know Oden could read the poneglyphs, so it makes sense! I mean at times Oden was funny with his moments o:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information