+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1883

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Thanks for reading and for the spreadsheets!

Since no more packs have been announced for release there’s probably some months until we get the first Fishman Island Extra Characters card. Most of the Fishman Island characters are listed in the BLUE DEEP databook, but unlike the BLUE databook it doesn’t list generic animals or joke characters. It does include Shiki and Indigo, hopefully they are also considered for the Vivre Cards.

Meanwhile I will continue to try to guess the numbers of the characters. At least in less than a month we’ll see which of the remaining captains of the Whitebeard alliance made the cut.
    I'd also be interested in trying to fill in the gaps, but I'm pointedly leaving it entirely until after the last two sets are out. What's on that last Marineford EX card is going to have a huge impact on how that's handled.

I think we're likely to get some animals - the sea bests the Fishman Pirates rode at least - but probably fewer joke characters than the early sagas had. I get the impression Oda has become less inclined to name purely background characters with time. All the new characters from Impel Down were at least speaking roles. Wonder if that's purely his choice or the lack of databooks for nearly 6 years after Deep Blue just not giving him the chance.

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Hope we get to know Big Mom’s bounty as well as the likes of Oven, Daifuku, etc in the next booster pack.

PS. I still don’t get why Bobbin is regarded as one of the heavyweights in Big Mom Pirates, with a merely 105 mil bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    Hope we get to know Big Mom’s bounty as well as the likes of Oven, Daifuku, etc in the next booster pack.

PS. I still don’t get why Bobbin is regarded as one of the heavyweights in Big Mom Pirates, with a merely 105 mil bounty.
    I don't think Big Mom's card will reveal her current bounty, that's something I think will be saved for the manga but as for Daifuku and Oven I do hope their cards reveal their bounties.

Four of the shichibukai had bounties under 100 mill. Bounty aint everything.

Especially when you're part of a crew that might overshadow your exploits, as we constantly see in the strawhats.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I scanned some of the cards, but I need to find a new image host for the rest. Since my photo bucket account is private i set a guest password as "strawhats" http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Rika...vre Card Scans
    Doujinshi collector (mostly LuNami and Usopp related) looking for UsoKa and UsoNa

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Dead men tell no tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
    I scanned some of the cards, but I need to find a new image host for the rest. Since my photo bucket account is private i set a guest password as "strawhats" http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Rika...vre Card Scans
    These looks great! Thanks for making the effort! I can see good use being made of these if anyone ever decides to go ahead with a full scanlation of the databook (if nothing else, not having to crop the photographed version down should make life a little easier for Weixiaobao).

It's a pain that photobucket requires an account to download the whole album at once though. That's a lot of images to do one at a time.

New Jump scan.

Summaries for the Zou and Thriller Bark packs are done!

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2019/0...w-information/

Thing of interest are more info on Carrot, the Minks, Jack, Weevil, Moria, Oars, Ryuma, and even Haredas and Heracles. Tons of new info on several characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post

Thing of interest are more info on Carrot, the Minks, Jack, Weevil, Moria, Oars, Ryuma, and even Haredas and Heracles. Tons of new info on several characters!

Neko not having Haki is as stupid as Jack not having it

How in the hell does Pedro get nearly 400mil for chasing poneglyphs while Robin's the only known actual reader actively chasing them and still only like 130mil.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    How in the hell does Pedro get nearly 400mil for chasing poneglyphs while Robin's the only known actual reader actively chasing them and still only like 130mil.
    Because the WG are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Bounties do not make sense since at least Water 7, besides Haki the most inconsistent part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post

Thanks for doing the write up Artur!

I was surprised by the older info I'd forgotten. Thinks like Moria's zombies being called "marios" (that wasn't anywhere in the official translation, was it?) and the KumaA, KumaB and KumaC theory for Perona's bears, which I don't think has been properly reflected in any translation to date. None of that's new info, but it had totally slipped my mind until now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, the info on Oars is interesting. I'm surprised to learn he was born after the Void Century, when I would previously have guessed he was alive during it. I feel like the info here is both evidence for and against the idea of him creating Wano. Obviously, with its varied climates and rivers between provinces, Wano feels like a land cobbled together from smaller islands, but at the same time, 500 years feels waaaaay to young for it. Time will tell, I suppose. None of the info we have on Ryuma says how long ago he's meant to have died, right?

Carrot is the traitor!

0475 Ryuma
    First Appearance: Volume 47 Chapter 450
    Epithets: “The Legendary Samurai” Shimotsuki Ryuma “Sword God”

General Zombie
    Former Samurai of Wano Country
    Thriller Bark/General Zombie
    【Profile】
    Ship: Thriller Bark
    Birthday: November 6
    Height: 179cm
    Zodiac sign: Scorpio
    Blood type: XF
    Origin: Grand Line Wano Country
    Favorite food: Curry

【Essence】
    The Legendary Master Swordsman of Wano Country who once cut down a Dragon!!
    Hundreds of years ago, when Wano Country was recognized as the “Country of Gold”, Ryuma displayed evident strength to those who seeks it, and told the world that “There’re Samurais in Wano Country”.
    Along with his legend of dragon slaying, he’s a sword master that’s known for being undefeated; after his death, he was enshrined in a temple as the “Sword God” along with Shusui.
    However, 23 years ago, his body and Shusui were stolen by Moria; and he fought with Zoro after being turned into General Zombie. Acknowledging his defeat, he entrusted him with Shusui.

【Black Blade “Shusui”】
    The treasure of Wano Country: Meito Shusui. It is a sword that became a “black blade” after its many battles alongside Ryuma.

Demonstrate abilities that far surpasses the owner of the shadow. It shows a glimpse of the power of the undefeated sword master!!

Due to him possessing Brook’s shadow at the time he fought with Zoro, his swordsmanship was very different from when he was alive.

【Gallery Memo】
    Design art of Ryuma. There’s no doubt that the words “Black Blade” were written next to Shusui.

【History】
    Before??: Born in the Ringo region of Wano country
    Before??: obtained meito Shusui
    Before??: cut down the dragon that appeared in the sky of Wano Country Capital
    Before??: lost his life
    Before23: his body and Shusui were stolen
    Before??: became General Zombie through the hands of Moria
    Before02: After his fight with Zoro, he entrusted him with Shusui

How many Luffys is this character?
    A. Approximately 1 Luffy!

0960 Jack
    First Appearance: Volume 81 Chapter 808
    Epithet: “Jack the Drought”
    Fruit: Elephant-Elephant Fruit Ancient type Model Mammoth
    Race: Giant Grouper Fishman

Beasts Pirates/AllStar
    Mammoth/Captain
    【Profile】
    Ship: Mammoth
    Birthday: September 28
    Height: 830cm
    Zodiac Sign: Libra
    Blood type: F
    Origin: “Grand Line”
    Favorite food: Elephant meat steak
    【Bounty】1 billion

【Essence】
    The “Drought” that’s Brutal Beyond Extreme and Destroy the Land!!
    One of Kaidou’s confidant, known as the “Drought”. A user of an Ancient type of the “Elephant-Elephant Fruit”; with his amazing power originated from his huge body, he trampled numerous enemies and civilians who opposed the Beasts Pirates.
    Even though Jack behaves outrageously and violently toward others, he receives rough treatments from his seniors/big brothers, King and Queen, and also from his lord Kaido;he’s unable to lift his head up at all.

【An Ability User that Cannot Drown】
    Due to the blood of Fishman flowing in him, Jack can breathe with his skin and hence why he does not drown in sea.

The weapon that Jack uses in his human form is a pair of unique curved swords.

The destructive force of his attacks in beast form is simply calamity. A light swing of his trunk can blow away even large buildings, and take away many lives in an instant...!!

Jack has an erratic way of thinking and he’s willing to do anything to achieve his goal.

【Gallery Memo】
    From his design art you can feel his awesomeness and the sense of scale. He’s a character that you can see he’s strong just by looking at him.
    【History】
    Before??: joined the Beasts Pirates
    Before??: promoted to AllStar
    Before00: attacked Zou and destroyed Kurau City
    Before00: clash against Navy fleet in the sea near Dressrosa
    Before00: failed in another attempt at attacking Zou
    Before00: returns to Wano

A. Approximately 4.8 Luffys!
    Last edited by KaidoBoby; July 14th, 2019 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaidoBoby View Post
    0475 Ryuma
    First Appearance: Volume 47 Chapter 450
    Epithets: “The Legendary Samurai” Shimotsuki Ryuma “Sword God”

General Zombie
    Former Samurai of Wano Country
    Thriller Bark/General Zombie
    【Profile】
    Ship: Thriller Bark
    Birthday: November 6
    Height: 179cm
    Zodiac sign: Scorpio
    Blood type: XF
    Origin: Grand Line Wano Country
    Favorite food: Curry

【Essence】
    The Legendary Master Swordsman of Wano Country who once cut down a Dragon!!
    Hundreds of years ago, when Wano Country was recognized as the “Country of Gold”, Ryuma displayed evident strength to those who seeks it, and told the world that “There’re Samurais in Wano Country”.
    Along with his legend of dragon slaying, he’s a sword master that’s known for being undefeated; after his death, he was enshrined in a temple as the “Sword God” along with Shusui.
    However, 23 years ago, his body and Shusui were stolen by Moria; and he fought with Zoro after being turned into General Zombie. Acknowledging his defeat, he entrusted him with Shusui.

【Black Blade “Shusui”】
    The treasure of Wano Country: Meito Shusui. It is a sword that became a “black blade” after its many battles alongside Ryuma.

Demonstrate abilities that far surpasses the owner of the shadow. It shows a glimpse of the power of the undefeated sword master!!

Due to him possessing Brook’s shadow at the time he fought with Zoro, his swordsmanship was very different from when he was alive.

【Gallery Memo】
    Design art of Ryuma. There’s no doubt that the words “Black Blade” were written next to Shusui.

【History】
    Before??: Born in the Ringo region of Wano country
    Before??: obtained meito Shusui
    Before??: cut down the dragon that appeared in the sky of Wano Country Capital
    Before??: lost his life
    Before23: his body and Shusui were stolen
    Before??: became General Zombie through the hands of Moria
    Before02: After his fight with Zoro, he entrusted him with Shusui

A. Approximately 1 Luffy!

0960 Jack
    First Appearance: Volume 81 Chapter 808
    Epithet: “Jack the Drought”
    Fruit: Elephant-Elephant Fruit Ancient type Model Mammoth
    Race: Giant Grouper Fishman

Beasts Pirates/AllStar
    Mammoth/Captain
    【Profile】
    Ship: Mammoth
    Birthday: September 28
    Height: 830cm
    Zodiac Sign: Libra
    Blood type: F
    Origin: “Grand Line”
    Favorite food: Elephant meat steak
    【Bounty】1 billion

【Essence】
    The “Drought” that’s Brutal Beyond Extreme and Destroy the Land!!
    One of Kaidou’s confidant, known as the “Drought”. A user of an Ancient type of the “Elephant-Elephant Fruit”; with his amazing power originated from his huge body, he trampled numerous enemies and civilians who opposed the Beasts Pirates.
    Even though Jack behaves outrageously and violently toward others, he receives rough treatments from his seniors/big brothers, King and Queen, and also from his lord Kaido;he’s unable to lift his head up at all.

【An Ability User that Cannot Drown】
    Due to the blood of Fishman flowing in him, Jack can breathe with his skin and hence why he does not drown in sea.

The weapon that Jack uses in his human form is a pair of unique curved swords.

The destructive force of his attacks in beast form is simply calamity. A light swing of his trunk can blow away even large buildings, and take away many lives in an instant...!!

Jack has an erratic way of thinking and he’s willing to do anything to achieve his goal.

【Gallery Memo】
    From his design art you can feel his awesomeness and the sense of scale. He’s a character that you can see he’s strong just by looking at him.
    【History】
    Before??: joined the Beasts Pirates
    Before??: promoted to AllStar
    Before00: attacked Zou and destroyed Kurau City
    Before00: clash against Navy fleet in the sea near Dressrosa
    Before00: failed in another attempt at attacking Zou
    Before00: returns to Wano

A. Approximately 4.8 Luffys!
    So is Shimotsuki his family name or a nickname?

If it is the former he is related to Hyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    So is Shimotsuki his family name or a nickname?

If it is the former he is related to Hyo
    You're thinking of Yasuie/O-toko...

I believe Artur's read is that it was an epithet, but that it may have still been the origin of the Shimotsuki family/clan name if Ryuma is related to that family line.

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    The name of Zoro's village is Shimotsuki aswell
    Also that.
    Last edited by otakufan; July 14th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

The name of Zoro's village is Shimotsuki aswell

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    You're thinking of Yasuie/O-toko...

I believe Artur's read is that it was an epithet, but that it may have still been the origin of the Shimotsuki family/clan name if Ryuma is related to that family line.
    Yeah my mistake but curious about it now

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information