+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1876

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

I've just reread the whole Water-7/Enies Lobby arcs, and while Curly Moustache was the one telling the bedtime story starring our favourite spotted badass kitty-cat, Mr. Shot-his-own-subordinate was like "Lucci won't die if we blow up our own ship so I guess it's a-okay."

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    This is what is means to be superhuman! Just y'know not as superhuman like 30-40 marines or y'know Coby who apparently became more capable than them in like 1 year
    The real reason CP9 is so secret is actually because it is where they hide their slowest recruits in need of special attention. What normal people learns in 2 days it takes them 2 months to even understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I seem to remember spiderbutt also nuthugging Lucci
    He definitely had a hard-on. But it's because Lucci knows how to turn him on by bringing him the corpses of mutilated children.

To be fair, Coby had Garp, who is probably the best teacher one could ask for. The Hero of the Marines, Destroyer of Long Heads and Lover of Snacks.

Full card list from Booster Pack 17 and 18, on sale 4th July!!

One Piece Booster Pack 17 - Nightmare! Thriller Bark monsters!!

- Brook (88 years).
    - Bartholomew Kuma.
    - Cindry.
    - Hogback.
    - Absalom.
    - Perona post time-skip and Kumashi.
    - Ryuma.
    - Charlotte Lola.
    - Jigoro.
    - Gecko Moria.
    - Oars.
    - Haredas.
    - Heracles.
    - Porchemy.
    - Bluejam.
    - EX Characters Vol. 5.

One Piece Booster Pack 18 - Natural Warrior! The Mink from Mokomo Dukedom!

- Hack.
    - Bastille.
    - Edward Weevil & Miss Bakkin.
    - Zunisha.
    - Wanda.
    - Carrot.
    - Jack.
    - Sheepshead.
    - Inuarashi Musketeer Squad.
    - Inuarashi.
    - Nekomamushi.
    - Vito.
    - Pedro.
    - Gotti.
    - EX Characters Vol. 8.
    - EX Characters Vol. 9.

So I guess we aren’t getting Kaido anytime soon. Unless he somehow makes it into the WCI packs.

Thriller Bark:
    Ex characters Alabasta arc vol 5
    1, Revealing the favorite food of Moria, ruler of shadow!!
    2, Showing Perona’s character design!
    3, Shocking...!The life of Haredas?!

Mokomo Dukedom:
    Ex characters Summit War vol 8
    Ex characters Summit War vol 9
    1, What’s the favorite food of the gigantic Zunisha?!
    2, Revealing the age of Nekomamushi and Inuarashi!
    3, Revealing new fact(s) about the mysterious man•Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    To be fair, Coby had Garp, who is probably the best teacher one could ask for. The Hero of the Marines, Destroyer of Long Heads and Lover of Snacks.
    Well, Koby was inspired by Luffy to be as strong as possible, to aspire to try to catch up with him, and it seems has been spending his time off-screen being a hero. And all without the crutch of a devil fruit. It is kind of obvious he would be developing haki.

Nice to see Lola as officially Charlotte Lola

Damn, they skipped Buggy post-ts :/ ok, I assume there will be a third "starter booster" on September, he could be there.

And apparently we'll find out the name of the other two top musketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post

https://images2.imgbox.com/05/85/rdiYM80o_o.jpg

- Brook (88 years).
    - Bartholomew Kuma.
    - Cindry.
    - Hogback.
    - Absalom.
    - Ryuma.
    - Charlotte Lola.
    - Jigoro.
    - Gecko Moria.
    - Oars.
    - Haredas.
    - Heracles.
    - Porchemy.
    - Bluejam.
    - EX Characters Vol. 5.

- Hack.
    - Bastille.
    - Zunisha.
    - Wanda.
    - Carrot.
    - Jack.
    - Sheepshead.
    - Inuarashi.
    - Nekomamushi.
    - Vito.
    - Pedro.
    - Gotti.
    - EX Characters Vol. 8.
    - EX Characters Vol. 9.
    Yes, this pack finishes off the pre and post-timeskip Warlords (although I suspect Weevil will likely get an update card when or if an inevitable fight between him and the remaining Whitebeard Pirates occur). Hopefully Lola's card will also include the zombie of the same name that possessed her shadow (just as Kyros' card had his toy form on it).

There are several that are a bit of a shocker though. I knew that Heracles, Haredas, and Bluejam would get cards I just didn't expect them in the Thriller Bark pack (likewise for Hack, Vito, and Gotti in the Zou pack). I thought Porchemy would be an EX character since his appearance was rather short and was killed off quickly. I suspected that Bastille would get a card since he wasn't present on the current Summit War EX card and the fact that he went from background character in the Marineford arc to expanding his character during the Dressrosa arc. I was predicting Jack getting a card in the Zou pack since they likely want to reveal what color the Beasts Pirates will have on their cards.

Although I get the feeling that some of the more unusual characters showing up in these packs is due to the fact that they didn't have a lot characters that justified getting a card and used open slots for characters they couldn't fit into previous packs (mainly the Summit War and Dressrosa packs) and the fact that we get an additional EX card for the Zou pack.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post

https://images2.imgbox.com/05/85/rdiYM80o_o.jpg

- Brook (88 years).
    - Bartholomew Kuma.
    - Cindry.
    - Hogback.
    - Absalom.
    - Ryuma.
    - Charlotte Lola.
    - Jigoro.
    - Gecko Moria.
    - Oars.
    - Haredas.
    - Heracles.
    - Porchemy.
    - Bluejam.
    - EX Characters Vol. 5.

- Hack.
    - Bastille.
    - Zunisha.
    - Wanda.
    - Carrot.
    - Jack.
    - Sheepshead.
    - Inuarashi.
    - Nekomamushi.
    - Vito.
    - Pedro.
    - Gotti.
    - EX Characters Vol. 8.
    - EX Characters Vol. 9.
    Interesting. I expected a lot of the extras from the Thriller Bark pack to be in a third starter set and Vito and Gotti at least to be in one of the Tottoland packs. But speaking of characters that were expected for a future starter set, why not have Kashi and Oimo in the Minks pack instead of the Musketeers and an extra EX card? Still, two Marineford Ex cards in one will quickly answer a lot of the lingering questions about numbering in that area of the set, so that's good to hear.

I wonder if a lot of the side Zombies will be EX-Cards like Captain Jack, the Zoro and Sanji Zombies and the bear rug? Or will we get them in a follow up pack with Pre-TS Perona.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I wonder if a lot of the side Zombies will be EX-Cards like Captain Jack, the Zoro and Sanji Zombies and the bear rug? Or will we get them in a follow up pack with Pre-TS Perona.
    Zombies will 100% be EX characters. Perona definitely doesn't have enough going on for two cards, unfortunately. The only other characters I see getting that treatment are Buggy and (when his post Tottoland appearance is revealed) Jinbe.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So just from the pictures on the pack it looks like the "Musketeers" card will not be for a huge squad of nameless backgrounders like the G-5 one, it's specifically for the main trio led by Sicilian. The fox and zebra minks he appears with are looking to be the first new characters to be named in a full card as opposed to the EX cards.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Zoro's zombie (Jigoro) is getting his own card in Thriller Bark pack, he's the one with hitler-stache.

I have a question about the Vivre Cards of Monet and Virgo, are they confirmed dead? I know Sheepshead is in a similar situation. Has there been any confirmed killed like Ace or Whitebeard, that explicitly state it on the Vivre Card?

Quote Originally Posted by anbutanaka View Post
    I have a question about the Vivre Cards of Monet and Virgo, are they confirmed dead? I know Sheepshead is in a similar situation. Has there been any confirmed killed like Ace or Whitebeard, that explicitly state it on the Vivre Card?
    It doesn't matter one way or the other, its a source outside the manga, it's not going to spoil something the manga itself hasn't revealed yet. Even if the cards said "dead". that doesn't mean they aren't actually alive. For instance, one of the databooks confirmed Sabo was dead even though there were clear signs even at the time that he wasn't.

They also spelled Shiryu as "Shilliew" because that was the then appropriate romanization in the manga, and then just a couple weeks later the manga hit with an actual proper "Shiryu" spelling, so the datacard was outdated and wrong almost instantly.

These cards are a resource and have some new information, but they're not the end all be all for accuracy in an ongoing series.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It doesn't matter one way or the other, its a source outside the manga, it's not going to spoil something the manga itself hasn't revealed yet. Even if the cards said "dead". that doesn't mean they aren't actually alive. For instance, one of the databooks confirmed Sabo was dead even though there were clear signs even at the time that he wasn't.

They also spelled Shiryu as "Shilliew" because that was the then appropriate romanization in the manga, and then just a couple weeks later the manga hit with an actual proper "Shiryu" spelling, so the datacard was outdated and wrong almost instantly.

These cards are a resource and have some new information, but they're not the end all be all for accuracy in an ongoing series.
    I get that I was just wondering if had actually directedly said "deceased" or something of the sort.

Amazon was wrong about Raizo being in the Zou pack. I'm guessing the reason he's not in the pack is because we only saw a bit of his abilities during the Zou arc, but than again we haven't seen much of the other Minks abilities as well (outside of Carrot and Pedro), and that hasn't stopped them before with other characters as well (such as the Red Hair Pirates, the Supernovas, the Blackbeard Pirates, etc.).

I'm very surprised that Raizo isn't part of the Zou pack, seeing how both Kin'emon and Momonosuke were part of the Punk Hazard pack and Kanjuro was part of the Dressrosa pack. I thought that maybe Raizo would be part of the Zou pack, also I'm surprised that Gotti was included in the Zou pack and not the Germa 66 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Amazon was wrong about Raizo being in the Zou pack. I'm guessing the reason he's not in the pack is because we only saw a bit of his abilities during the Zou arc, but than again we haven't seen much of the other Minks abilities as well (outside of Carrot and Pedro), and that hasn't stopped them before with other characters as well (such as the Red Hair Pirates, the Supernovas, the Blackbeard Pirates, etc.).
    Amazon had Enel in two different packs, so we knew already not to take it as gospel. His absence is surprising though, especially since we have Kin and Kanjuro already, and Wano has so many characters to cover.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information