+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2075

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Hey everyone, here's the complete summaries for this month!

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2019/0...w-information/

Particular points of interest are a lot more background to the backstories of Trebol, Machvise and Foxy of all people.
    Good work as usual, the fact that Trebol and the other original executive officers were a gang prior to following Doflamingo makes more sense than just four random people deciding to follow a guy because he possesses Conqueror's Haki. Also it's a bit ironic and hilarious that Trebol's favorite food is one that Sugar comes to hate after being knocked unconscious by Usopp's face after she fed him the Tatababasco, it furthers the fact that they already disliked each other.

While Viola's relationship with Doflamingo was answered in an SBS, I do have to wonder why she would start a relationship with the man who's crew:
    • Took over her country and made it the center his underworld empire.
    • Turned her family and confidants in pariahs.
    • Killed her sister (said crew member received no punishment for the act while Doflamingo was ruler).
    • Enslaved a tribe that her father was trying to make amends to for predecessor's actions.

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

I can't wait to see the cp9 pack which I hope will reveal some nice tibits about the Former CP9 members. Heck, I even hope we get to learn more about Rokushiki from this pack! Also, the fact that this is coming out in June (which is where my birthday is) makes this all the more fantastic! :D
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/4/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Good work as usual, the fact that Trebol and the other original executive officers were a gang prior to following Doflamingo makes more sense than just four random people deciding to follow a guy because he possesses Conqueror's Haki. Also it's a bit ironic and hilarious that Trebol's favorite food is one that Sugar comes to hate after being knocked unconscious by Usopp's face after she fed him the Tatababasco, it furthers the fact that they already disliked each other.

While Viola's relationship with Doflamingo was answered in an SBS, I do have to wonder why she would start a relationship with the man who's crew:
    • Killed her sister (said crew member received no punishment for the act while Doflamingo was ruler).
    • Enslaved a tribe that her father was trying to make amends to for predecessor's actions.
    I would guess it's like she tried to get close to him that she could get in bed with him one day to kill him or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    Yeah, I was curious about it too, but in the end it's only very generic statements, such as "they studied history in the tree of knowledge", "they got very close to unraveling the secret of the void century", but no new info in particular.

A quote I liked in his card however was "Even when being held at gunpoint, Clover is capable of having a direct conversation with the Gorosei", really goes to show his determination!
    Unfortunate. I was hoping for at least a hint of what the right things to focus on are, but ah well.

Clover's definitely one of the less-remembered dead mentors of the series, which sucks, because he certainly did have a pair on him, staring death in the face like that.

He's 10 feet tall and has a 10 pack
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

My guess is that she started trying to get close to him (or gave into Doflamingo's advances) in order to either curry a bit of influence so she could try to make the citizens of Dressrosa's situation at least a little better or to go down the "get him naked and defenseless so I can kill him in his sleep" route - given the versatility of Viola's power and Doffy's general willingness to "forgive" attempts on his life from those he can still use (see: Baby 5), I don't think a failed murder attempt or two on her part would necessarily push him to kill, imprison, or toy-ify her so long as he was sure he could still manipulate her into doing what he wants.

Mix in the perpetual threat of the consequences for her defiance falling on the heads of her nation's people and/or her few remaining family members, ten years of hopelessness and despair, and possibly even a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome, and I can understand Viola's relationship with Doflamingo developing into something more complicated than simple raw hatred.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

It's because of Stockholm syndrome
    Last edited by Shiebs; May 24th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.

Regarding Viola.
    She was trying to Margaery Tyrell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Regarding Viola.
    Good to hear from you again on this thread Greg, it's been awhile. Thanks to others for giving their opinion on my question. To some who've suggested that she was trying to get close enough to kill him (especially stripping him down with no defense), would that really have worked on him? Considering that his card revealed that he possesses Observation Haki (although how skilled he is with it is unknown) he could potentially foresee an assassination attempt and use Armament Haki (or his Devil Fruit) to protect himself. Also their are a number of characters in the One Piece world who routinely fight with their upper body exposed (or partially exposed if they're wearing an open shirt) and they are often shown to possess strong bodies either through numerous fights or possessing it since birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Regarding Viola.
    Been too long since I read the Song of Ice and Fire books (or watched the GoT TV series)... I remember Margaery Tyrell's grandmother being up to no good, but I don't recall how directly involved Margaery herself was in that particular incident...

To some who've suggested that she was trying to get close enough to kill him (especially stripping him down with no defense), would that really have worked on him? Considering that his card revealed that he possesses Observation Haki (although how skilled he is with it is unknown) he could potentially foresee an assassination attempt and use Armament Haki (or his Devil Fruit) to protect himself. Also their are a number of characters in the One Piece world who routinely fight with their upper body exposed (or partially exposed if they're wearing an open shirt) and they are often shown to possess strong bodies either through numerous fights or possessing it since birth.
    Could she have succeeded in assassinating Doflamingo? Almost certainly not.

If Viola had even a modest chance of offing him, then either Doffy, Viola herself, or both would have died a long time ago (at least, in the "kill him in his sleep" scenario). She would have either succeeded eventually and likely been summarily executed by Doflamingo's followers or pushed her luck past the "I can keep her in check without any real effort" threshold and into the realm of "This woman is a legitimate problem I need to deal with" that would probably lead to her death or toy-ification.

But that's not the point... The real question is whether Viola THOUGHT she could pull it off or was desperate/suicidal enough to try regardless her chances. The fact that Doflamingo was so far out of her league that he didn't even feel threatened by Viola enough to dispose of her probably helped to drive home the hopelessness of her situation. With enough time, despair, and emotional manipulation, the idea that being Doffy's lover and right-hand woman might be the best thing she can do to help her people doesn't seem too far-fetched.

That's my thoughts on the matter, at least.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

As long as he's boning her he doesn't actively try to kill her family.

Also I think she was helping the toys make a revolution? but I'm not sure on that.

When it comes to Stockholm Syndrome, there are times where the victim kills the oppressor and may cry over their body. After a long time under cruelty, some can become used to it and form a bond with the oppressor. They can hold hate and some affection for that person simultaneously.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Man, the world of One Piece can be really fucked up in some areas.

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Covers !

It's almost release time for these, isn't it? Man, this month has gone quick.

Release order and story order cover sets:

Finally, we should learn about Chinjiao's accurate bounty from this pack.

I hate it when Oda stated something vague like "he has over xxx million bounty" or something like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's almost release time for these, isn't it? Man, this month has gone quick.

Release order and story order cover sets:
    https://i.imgur.com/FucV0Q3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QGMOA5m.jpg
    So after the Thriller Bark-Zou duetto pack, I guess in which order we'll get the next ones as there are at least two Big Mom saga packs and Wano
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    I would love a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.

I wonder if we'll get CP9's current doriki or does Oda just want to bury the fact he ever did that

See this, anime? A perfectly squared nose! Look at the angles!

Ok, now do it youselves...

NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I wonder if we'll get CP9's current doriki or does Oda just want to bury the fact he ever did that
    Get the post-ts "power level" of a group of characters when 70% of its members weren't even mentioned post-ts and the ones that appeared did nothing but show their faces so far? Pretty sure we won't.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information