+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2987

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Iíve always assumed that most fighters in the New World use haki in invisible ways, like pre-TS. It may be a thing related to the observer knowing what to look for (so Franky or Robin didnít see haki uses) or just Oda sparing us from obvious revelations again and again.

But I still question why not include bounties of the Tobbi Roppo with their power reveals. It would hype them further at the time.

Iím surprised by their bounties. They are not low, but I was expecting at least some of them to be with Perospero and the rare others in the gap between 550 million and 1 billion.
    Yeah, completely agreed. I'm mostly surprised that there are so few bounties in this range. The Revolutionary Army captains are also surprisingly low. Sabo having a 602 million bounty while being the second in command set the upper limit pretty low for an affiliation of the world's most dangerous criminals.

I suppose there are still some characters who could be revealed to have bounties in the 500 million to 1 billion range.

The biggest yet to be revealed bounties:

Monkey D. Dragon
    Dracule Mihawk
    Ben Beckman
    Lucky Roux
    Yasopp
    Jesus Burgess
    Doc Q
    Lafitte
    Van Auger
    Shiryu
    Avalo Pizarro
    Catalina Devon
    Vasco Shot
    San Juan Wolf

Rest of the Red-Hair & Whitebeard Pirates
    Other Level 6 escapees

Likely to have new bounties:

Kuzan
    Buggy the Clown
    Boa Hancock
    Edward Weevil
    Gecko Moria

and will probably receive new bounties post-Wano

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Law, Kid, Killer (Carrot? Yamato?)

I also lost track of the current bounties for some of the other Worst Gen captains.

Among the Emperor crews, the Red-Haired Pirates are said to be the most balanced crew overall, so I expect they will have the highest average. bounties. Mihawk with a new bounty could certainly be in the billion+ range. Not sure if Dragon will have a bounty higher than Roger and Whitebeard. I'm aware he was never called the world's most wanted criminal, but it does seem to go hand-in-hand with most dangerous.

I could certainly see Kuzan, Hancock, Buggy, Crocodile, Weevil, and Blackbeard's titanic captains being in the 500 mil - 1 bil range. Kuzan could also easily be over 1 billion.

Mihawk, Dragon, Ben Beckman, Lucky Roux, and Yasopp are all probably above 1 billion.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Okay, so I'm gonna say some shit that will certainly rustle some feathers, including those of the forum staff, but quite frankly I've spent over a year being 'patient' and 'civil' about the way transphobia has been allowed to slide on the forum and I honestly do not care any more about the optics of 'civility' or 'politeness'. I have frequented this site for close to a decade. And for over a year, since the introduction of a character in One Piece that has begged the discussion of gender identity, I've come here to see the truth of the existence of genderqueer people (including myself) questioned or outright dismissed. My freedom to simply exist as I am, identity unquestioned, a privilege that cisgender people take for granted. I am not the only genderqueer person on this forum or in this thread. And while I hesitate to speak for any of them or their experiences, for me? Personally? I'm tired and have run out of energy to hold back for the sake of appearances.

Earlier in this thread, on the previous page, someone (who'll remain nameless) posted a slur used for trans and genderqueer people. The post was reported, and has been since deleted by a member of the staff, and it looks pretty obvious to me right now that it's just gonna be swept under the rug, and that no one is actually going to say anything or apply any consequences to hate speech. And I'll be real, that sends a pretty clear message. That going so far as to say an actual slur? That'll be quietly removed. But the people who say those things will be allowed to continue posting, and articulate the same hateful attitudes regarding genderqueer people so long as they dress it up in way that they can claim plausible deniability. 'Casual' transphobia, the kind that directly questions the existence and validity and trans and nonbinary identities, but dress it up in a way that's 'polite' ("a difference of opinion", "just asking questions", etc.) has been allowed to be posted on this forum with little to no consequence aside from maybe a stern post from members of the mod/admin team. But that's in the best of times. In the worst of times, like now, the actual offending post is quietly deleted and covered up, the offending poster is sent on their way, and the staff pretends like the whole thing never happened and we're expected to just move on and drop it. For the sake of 'civility' or 'not getting heated' or whatever. And then everything dies down until the next time the conversation comes up, when we do the whole dance over again. And it comes at the expense of the genderqueer people who are here and have been here, who are expected to stomach that. Again, it sends a pretty clear message to the genderqueer members of this forum; Transphobia is allowed on Arlong Park. You just gotta dogwhistle it instead of saying it outright. It's gotta fly under the radar just enough.

I don't think that's necessarily what the staff wants, or at least for some members of the staff. I know that the forum staff is not a monolith. But that is the message these actions send collectively. And I've wanted to say a lot of this for a long time, but I've held off out of worry for how the staff and other members of the forum would respond (or not). But it has gotten to a point where it so egregious that I can't just sit by and say nothing. When certain posters try to explain/argue gender identity with people who are actually genderqueer? When someone says a slur with zero consequence? And a member of staff just pretends it didn't happen? I refuse. I'd wondered whether I should say this publicly, or if I should privately take it up with the staff. But if these interactions are going to happen in public, in a thread for everyone to see, then this can too. I remind you what series this forum exists to discuss, and how quick the protagonist of that series is to call out something when it's wrong and threatens peoples' freedom to simply exist as they are.

AP's been part of my One Piece fandom for a long time. One Piece is important to me. And I only say these things because I do, in fact, care about an internet forum for a long-running comic series about a rubber pirate. Again, this is an online space I've frequented for close to a decade to engage in discourse around that comic that I love. I want to stay. But it's almost impossible to when I come on here and regularly see multiple people questioning and outright insulting the validity of queer identities with zero consequence. There needs to be concrete action. Something. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    As long as people aren't dicks about it to each other. The worst people are the ones coming out of the woodwork and acting like it was obvious from the start which gender Yamato was and saying those who think he is a man are pushing an agenda or some nonsense, as if the text of the manga itself wasn't pushing in the male direction.

If it was obvious there wouldn't have been a debate in the first place.
    Yeah pretty much this. I have been on the camp that thought Yamato wasn't trans since the start, but you can't pretend there weren't a ton of hints and evidence (even if not conclusive) that Yamato was trans. If you are trying to be rational and scientific like many claim to, you have to accept the fact that it was impossible to know for sure. Heck, it is still not 100% decided. Yamato hasn't had a "ok so I'm not Oden, back to being a she" moment yet and may not have one at all.

So people going "take that!" about it or trying to extrapolate it to broader anti-LGBT+ arguments are disgusting as hell.

It is kind of Oda's fault for letting it linger for so long, though. Then again I'm not sure how much Oda is aware this is a sensitive subject in the west, or even how sensitive it is in Japan for that matter.
    Last edited by Dragon D. Luffy; September 1st, 2021 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    So.. PayPay and Ulti's dad was a pirate who died long ago.

That's interesting.
    Where are you learning this? Share it man.

Can't read Japanese for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Scratchmen Apoo
    • Devil Fruit: Oto Oto no Mi
    https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Oto_Oto_no_Mi

"Among named fruits, this one currently has the longest gap between when its power was first shown and when it was named, at 13 years and 30 days. 514 chapters were released between its usage debut and when it was named in Vivre Card."

Kid's fruit remained so briefly as number one* and Urouge or Bonney gonna break the record again soon anyway.

*Previously it was the ito ito fruit, first shown in Jaya, named in Dressrosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Iíve always assumed that most fighters in the New World use haki in invisible ways, like pre-TS. It may be a thing related to the observer knowing what to look for (so Franky or Robin didnít see haki uses) or just Oda sparing us from obvious revelations again and again.

But I still question why not include bounties of the Tobbi Roppo with their power reveals. It would hype them further at the time.

Iím surprised by their bounties. They are not low, but I was expecting at least some of them to be with Perospero and the rare others in the gap between 550 million and 1 billion.
    They're actually more or less what I expected. Maybe an extra 100 million for Who's Who and Sasaki since they seemed to be direct rivals, but the half-billion ballpark made the most sense.

If anything, the biggest surprise is Page One being as low as he is, since it's below the likes of Caesar. Also goes to show how overinflated Usopp is that he seemingly can't take on a 300 million bounty yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy4000uk View Post
    The creator of the manga has stated that the character is not transgender, and that is that. Stop trying to force your wishes on others

There are already accurate representations of Transgender people with the Okama
    I have a friend who dropped One Piece mostly because of how much he was disgusted about the Okama as a representation of trans people, particularly the scene where they chase Sanji around the island.

So your post feels like bait tbh.

And there it is again. Like clockwork.

I don't browse AP often but the other anime site I browse more (Naruto Forums) it's pretty much the way JDub described. You can be a full-blown nazi as long as you don't explicitely deny the holocaust and stuff like that, just be passive aggressive about it. Some people make a career about posting bigoted things in that forum tens of times a month, but making it subjective enough. Or find the more objective posts that are going to get the user banned and spamming them with likes to show their tacit support for their bigotry,

It does seem like this requires a change in modding philosophy, one that forum mods seem to be too afraid to take in most places, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Where are you learning this? Share it man.

Can't read Japanese for shit.
    Woop, I got confused..

Its SBS info, not Vivre Card info, look it up in the vol 100 thread, Scotch posted it.

Its super interesting to me, cause checking out the timeline, this guy died right after Oden's execution, and you know I believe there's a previous Calamity lacking around here.

Btw, Kind/Queen might be the closest bounties of a number 2 and 3 we have seen in a while, only beaten by Zoro/Sanji, ironically. It really showcases how much they are both Kaido's main support, contrary to Big Mom's crew who heavily relies on Katakuri for example, so his bounty as a bigger gap from the others.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Putting my weight in for a response from Adms. It's an issue that needs to be addressed now.

Kiku says she is a woman. Plain and simple and no one seems to argue that. Yamato says they are a man, but prefaces it with Oden being a man. If we have to honor them as being a man due to their words then we also have to call them Oden and Momonusuke's father. Yamato has also said that. If we honor part of their truth then we have to honor all of it, no? I just don't see anyone calling Yamato Oden or Momonusuke's father. Oda has shown several gag secens of people reacting to these claims from Yamato. There just seems to be much more at play with Yamato's identity than gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    I don't browse AP often but the other anime site I browse more (Naruto Forums) it's pretty much the way JDub described. You can be a full-blown nazi as long as you don't explicitely deny the holocaust and stuff like that, just be passive aggressive about it. Some people make a career about posting bigoted things in that forum tens of times a month, but making it subjective enough. Or find the more objective posts that are going to get the user banned and spamming them with likes to show their tacit support for their bigotry,

It does seem like this requires a change in modding philosophy, one that forum mods seem to be too afraid to take in most places, sadly.
    Worst part is, this forum is outright pleasant compared to more mainstream forums like reddit. This is, by a significant margin, the good one. And I do think the majority of users here seem to be decent people. But you still get the odd gross opinion (or hint of one lying below the surface) that slips through the cracks.

Although, I don't think I've seen the site or forum that manages to keep itself totally free of bad actors and on top of all the latest dogwhistles. The only places that doesn't have someone who raises a little red flag is the private discords of immediate friend groups lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Worst part is, this forum is outright pleasant compared to more mainstream forums like reddit. This is, by a significant margin, the good one. And I do think the majority of users here seem to be decent people. But you still get the odd gross opinion (or hint of one lying below the surface) that slips through the cracks.

Although, I don't think I've seen the site or forum that manages to keep itself totally free of bad actors and on top of all the latest dogwhistles. The only places that doesn't have someone who raises a little red flag is the private discords of immediate friend groups lol.
    To be fair, I have been a forum mod before and I know it's very hard to measure the size of punishment you give to people, simply because you can't be sure from one post, if the person made an honest mistake and is willing to change or if they are mean spirited and are trying to find out how long their account lasts while they make everyone else around them misrable.

The problem is when someone of the later group lasts for years and years because they mastered the art of being a plausibly deniable Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    To be fair, I have been a forum mod before and I know it's very hard to measure the size of punishment you give to people, simply because you can't be sure from one post, if the person made an honest mistake and is willing to change or if they are mean spirited and are trying to find out how long their account lasts while they make everyone else around them misrable.

The problem is when someone of the later group lasts for years and years because they mastered the art of being a plausibly deniable Hitler.
    Oh yeah, I can only imagine the balancing act it must be to keep a forum safe and clean while also giving people the room they need to make mistakes and learn from them, and express different cultural interpretations of sensitive topics. Nothing but respect for anyone willing to take that on because I would absolutely not have it in me.

*MOD POST*

Once again folks, the forum's current policy is you can call Yamato he, she, Oden, whatever seem to you to be the right judgement call, the story has been iffy enough about it we're not going to police anything one way or the other.

But DO NOT INSULT OTHER POSTERS over it.

It should also go without saying, DON'T USE SLURS. But that apparently does actually need to be said.

A whole batch of folks have been thread banned, and a couple have been banned entirely for a few weeks. Let it go and stop being hateful over this issue, or things are just going to get closed for a while.

Personally, Yamato wants to go by "he", so that's what I use. If that changes down the road and he drops both the Oden and the "I want to be a man" thing, then it changes. But in the meantime, until that happens, IF that happens, call them what they want to be called.

Even if that doesn't make sense to you for a fictional character, try to show respect for others. Even though its a fictional character, your attitudes and actions can still say things about *you* to real actual people that you're insulting or denigrating.
    Last edited by Robby; September 1st, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Glad to have your input, Robby. Despite the tone of the conversation, I meant it when I said this place is the most pleasant public forum I frequent. Keep up the good work.

OP r/ has all the info in 1 thread, but I have to separate the SBS stuff from the Vivre Card info. I really like this dump coming at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Personally, Yamato wants to go by "he", so that's what I use. If that changes down the road and he drops both the Oden and the "I want to be a man" thing, then it changes. But in the meantime, until that happens, IF that happens, call them what they want to be called.

Even if that doesn't make sense to you for a fictional character, try to show respect for others. Even though its a fictional character, your attitudes and actions can still say things about *you* to real actual people that you're insulting or denigrating.
    And personally to me, if we really wanted to try to be respectful all the way by that way of thought, then at that point it would point towards having to refer to Yamato as "Oden" and support in case Yamato wanted to get boiled like how Oden did, as well as Yamato tossing any of her individuality away by attempting to carry on Oden's will through impersonation. So even with the Vivre Card aside, and as someone who refers to Kiku as a she, I'm confident in being respectful in also referring to Yamato as a she without fear coming off as insulting or denigrating as you suggested.

I mean, it's hard to show complete approval to someone who ultimately looks like is suffering and going through a tough time trying to push aside who they are in favor of impersonating a role model they look up to and constantly feel like they have to live up to their role model's expectations.

I respect Kiku choosing to live and happily embrace her own gender lifestyle choice of being a woman, but how can I respect Yamato choosing to push her own individual self aside so as to try to live up to her role model's expectations, all while feeling trapped and chained in her own heart? Furthermore, isn't to equate Yamato being the same as Kiku, as others have done, suggesting that Kiku is a woman with a chained heart with entrapment, suffering, fear of not living up to other's expectations too, and identity crisis as a result of not living up to them?

In any case, thanks for the moderation and thoughts Robby.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information