+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2980

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

  1. #2661

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Which color spread?

  2. #2662

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Thank you for the info, guys

    Vivre Card editor is referring to Yamato as "She" twice.
    Yamato is called "Demon Princess" (鬼姫) in the text.

    As far as I can see, Japanese people who have read this leaked images
    of Viivre Card don't care much about Yamato being called "She".

    That said, some fans made a comment, "It's understandable if foreign fans get annoyed about it"

  3. #2663
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Demon Princess and Demon Child. Yamato and Robin will be best buds.

  4. #2664

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    The exact word is Oni-Hime (Oni Princess), so it's actually different from Devil (Akuma) in Robin's epithet.

    But yeah, I get what you meant : )

  5. #2665

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    The biggest problem with this discussion of Yamato's gender is the fact that Kaido calls him his son. At first, like many fans, I assumed that Kaido forced Yamato to be his son because no way he would go along with the "Oden thing" and just wanted to have a son because he was embarrassed or something. But now we know that Yamato was (when he was younger) an Oni-princess and everyone viewed him as a woman. So, what happened to change everyones perspective of Yamato? Why is he now a son, and not a daughter like before?

  6. #2666

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by UniversallyBlue View Post
    The biggest problem with this discussion of Yamato's gender is the fact that Kaido calls him his son. At first, like many fans, I assumed that Kaido forced Yamato to be his son because no way he would go along with the "Oden thing" and just wanted to have a son because he was embarrassed or something. But now we know that Yamato was (when he was younger) an Oni-princess and everyone viewed him as a woman. So, what happened to change everyones perspective of Yamato? Why is he now a son, and not a daughter like before?
    That's the big question that I'm sure Oda will answer. Kaido doesn't strike me as a progressive father that respects his son's wishes and that's it. We just don't know the reason yet - heck, we barely know anything about who Yamato truly is, at all.

  7. #2667
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Kaido wants a shogun to rule over WaNo.
    Shoguns can only be male, historically (which is something the WaNo people adhere to, as we've seen with Kinemon's earlier sexist comments).
    Kaido gets a daughter.
    Well, shit.
    How to solve this?
    Yamato: "From now on I'm going to be known as Oden!"
    Koido: "You what?"
    "Yes. I'm Oden now."
    "That dancing fool?"
    "The great man that you killed!"
    "A man you say?"
    Hm...
    A week later:
    "Everyone, this is my son, Yamato. Future shogun of WaNo."
    Problem solved.

  8. #2668

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Hi could anyone translate the timeline on Who's Who's card? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by retardaniel; September 1st, 2021 at 04:53 AM.

  9. #2669

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Na, most likely they are, is just a different method than Caesar's.
    Not if he's 188 yo

  10. #2670

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by Boombalaga View Post
    That's a cool colour spread I didn't know about it, but its not by Oda so I wouldn't take it as evidence tbh. I could counter it by using the colour spread by the One Piece Party author where Yamato is dressed in a Male High School uniform. I think its left up to the artist.

  11. #2671

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Page One's bounty is such adorably pathetic in comparison.

  12. #2672

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Okay so I am not going to get entranced in this whole argument, but I will say this once for the record. It literally does not matter the reason why, you refer to someone to how they want to be referred. It is basic respect, and there is literally no reason not to other than to be a dick. If yamato does in fact change his mind and how he prefers to be called, then great, call him that, but that is in no way the situation.

    Knowing Oda, yes this can very easily go down many very disappointing transphobic roots, but that has no effect on the here and now. Have a good day.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  13. #2673

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Onimaru have the hito hito no mi model onyudo wow

  14. #2674

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by LawSamuka View Post
    Not if he's 188 yo
    Uuh? Actually yes.

    Law said the WG has tried to achieve gigantification since ages, if he's 188, it means a different method than Caesar have been used on him.

  15. #2675
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by retardaniel View Post
    Hi could anyone translate the timeline on Who's Who's card? Thanks in advance.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-MizeJX...jpg&name=large
    That's a very tall cat.

    I'd also be interested in that timeline. Is 00 chapter 0, the current in-story year, or... ?

    Also also: I find the mispelled "CAT'S" to be so Oda-ish, especially with all the English availability he has on his team.

  16. #2676
    BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My Chunk of Italy

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    it's current year
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.



  17. #2677

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    The tenguyama is sukiyaki theory is now dead since tenguyama is 58 and if oden is alive he would have been 59 so it is impossible that he is his father

  18. #2678

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Uuh? Actually yes.

    Law said the WG has tried to achieve gigantification since ages, if he's 188, it means a different method than Caesar have been used on him.
    Yeah mb, thats fair

  19. #2679
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    Well would you look at that, all of the tobbi roppo are haki users.

    Couple ppl were 100% wrong a few chapter threads ago.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  20. #2680
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

    I don't think you could be such a high-ranking member of a Yonko army without knowing haki.

    But.

    The fact that there's been few if not zero attacks showcasing the Tobi's mastery of it is what mislaid most. 'Cause if the Tobi use haki, readers (myself included) expect the SHs to counter with haki--and thus far we have zero indication that Franky or Nami have it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts