+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2976

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    Right? At times there's so little thought put into these. And I don't bite it that they were pressed by time either.
    I think it's harsh to say they didn't think about it or rushed it. More that dividing up characters into equally numbered groups for the packs that also fit a theme must be pretty damn hard. I would have made different choices, but that doesn't mean choices weren't made.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Is there a theory or something behind the card numbers? or are people expecting for Yamato to replace Merry and Sunny?

Quote Originally Posted by slash3584 View Post
    Is there a theory or something behind the card numbers? or are people expecting for Yamato to replace Merry and Sunny?
    Cards are all in debut order but the Straw Hat pirates which covers the first bunch of cards, the two ships and Vivi. So yes, people expect Yamato or whoever is the next crewmate to place on the ships' number... which will actually never happens.

This is why I found a bad decision to put all straw hats together at the beginning, as it doesn't leave any space for future nakamas and this will put whoever is collecting it in the awkward situation to put the last member around one thousand card after them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Because Vivi will return!

On the flip side to the crewmate discussion, we can expect newly coloured panels through volume 99 in these ones, probably including shots from the Supernovas' rooftop battle. The art used on the covers for Black Maria, Kid and Killer all come from that volume, with the latter two being from the lineup at the start of the roof fight.

I find it weird that King had three separate introduction pages (I think - there were at least two), and yet his bounty's being revealed in a Vivre Card.

I feel like no matter what's listed for Yamato under gender (whether it's "female", "female (heart of a male)" (similar to what Kiku had), "female (heart of Oden)", or something else), there's going to be plenty of outrage.

At this point I'll just be happy to have an answer. Even just a throwaway line to justify why Kaido and his underlings keep saying son while all non-diegetic sources of info insist on daughter, but the best thing would be saying directly which two they would describe themself as. I'm not going to be particularly hurt by it coming down on either side, but the debate has brought out enough people with shitty opinions on people who don't look the part of their gender that I'd rather just see it settled.

Good time to do it, too, right before their anime introduction. Get a concrete answer before the whole battle kicks off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I find it weird that King had three separate introduction pages (I think - there were at least two), and yet his bounty's being revealed in a Vivre Card.

I feel like no matter what's listed for Yamato under gender (whether it's "female", "female (heart of a male)" (similar to what Kiku had), "female (heart of Oden)", or something else), there's going to be plenty of outrage.
    Three: 1. with Queen back at early Wano; 2. when asking for Sasaki and WW back at early Onigashima; 3. as Ancient Zoan user, one or two chapters before 1000.
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Cards are all in debut order but the Straw Hat pirates which covers the first bunch of cards, the two ships and Vivi. So yes, people expect Yamato or whoever is the next crewmate to place on the ships' number... which will actually never happens.

This is why I found a bad decision to put all straw hats together at the beginning, as it doesn't leave any space for future nakamas and this will put whoever is collecting it in the awkward situation to put the last member around one thousand card after them.
    I think it is a good decision precisely cuz its Oda's way to say there wont be a new nakama

There are One Piece readers out there that are outraged about things no matter what because that's how their own hearts play out. The main point here is probably that what one wants to see doesn't always line up with the context and structure of the manga, the latter of which Oda is always keen on. If one is going to get outraged no matter what the vivre card turns out to be, then that's telling of one's character of one needing to sort out quite a bit of real-life baggage, and what they may need to come to terms with.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I'm sure the people whose belief gets contradicted by Vivre Card will pull the "it's just a databook" point and claim the manga contradicts it.

On another note, I think Onimaru getting a card is pretty underrated and could have some interesting info
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; August 27th, 2021 at 02:17 PM.

Spoiler:

How far ahead do you think they plan on what information is put on the cards? The latest chapter revealed the name of King's race and the new pack comes out this week and I'm wondering if it will make it on to his card?

The Bounties !

King is 1.39 billion
    WsW is 546 million
    Sasaki is 472 million
    BM is 480 Million
    Ulti is 400 Million
    Page One is 290 Million

Much higher than the mid-tier BM Pirates bounties unsurprisingly

King's bounty being not much higher than Queen's is interesting as well.

Kaido is 59 years old, 710 cm and born in the grand line.
    Yamato is "Woman" and born place is "not clear".
    All Flying Six have CoA and CoO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    The Bounties !

King is 1.39 billion
    WsW is 546 million
    Sasaki is 472 million
    BM is 480 Million
    Ulti is 400 Million
    Page One is 290 Million
    X drake still same?

I totally expected Yamato wasn't born in Wano.

Another mistery to explore.

So "Yamato is Kaido's clone" lives on.

Also, Kaido is 59? Same age as Oden then. 21 years old for GV Incident. He was 31 when Yamato was born.

Okay, it's clear by now that both Oda and his editorial staff see Yamato as a woman. That the name of Oden and the masculinity and the masculinity that comes with it are a role that is adopted, separate from being Yamato, without overwriting or contradicting that core self. You would call a cross-playing actor by their character's name and pronouns while they're keeping up the kayfabe but, but it would be presumptuous to say they the actor's own gender is changed by the part.

At least, that's the impression I get from the handling of the issue so far.

In that case, what I want to know is how and why Kaido, of all people, ended up accepting Yamato's acting to the point of introducing him as a son and having all his crew use the terms. How long has Yamato been in-character as Oden for it to sink in that deep? When was the last time he took the costume off before he met Luffy? Why would he introduce himself as "Kaido's son" if the role of Oden is separate from the personhood of Yamato? It would be really disappointing to have all these things swept under the rug as "just a way to build up the surprise."

Right now, no matter what your personal interpretation of the character is, there are clear contradictions between how Yamato is treated by staff and by other characters. I just want to learn the things that have the story make sense, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    So "Yamato is Kaido's clone" lives on.

Also, Kaido is 59? Same age as Oden then. 21 years old for GV Incident. He was 31 when Yamato was born.
    It could be.
    He bought the Numbers (failure clones) made by MADS, recruited one of them (Queen) and made this scientist create a better clone/son.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information