+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2980

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Panels that were black and white before are in colour now. Good to see the digital colour team is still working, even without a new release for the holiday season. The colour manga finally reaching Wano is going to be a beautiful thing, eventually.

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

One Piece Vivre Card official website!!!

https://one-piece.com/vivre/

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    One Piece Vivre Card official website!!!

https://one-piece.com/vivre/
    Check out this page! https://one-piece.com/vivre/list2.php complete guide to characters featured so far. This is exactly the kind of resource I was trying to set up the whole time the sets were coming out.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Anyone else remember how Arthur was given the number 648 on the physical cards, doubling up with San Juan Wolf? Well, as I guessed when I was making spreadsheets and visual guides, he's meant to be 652, and the website's guide reflects that.

Final note (Redon I'm so sorry for how many notifications the post merge must be slapping you with), Caesar Clown's unique colour category is listed as "scientist" on the website (I had previously assumed it would be for underworld figures). The fact that the team even thought to create such a category is weird for a single character, so I hope it's an indication that Vegapunk will have a decent size supporting cast of his own, and that they're near enough to being introduced that Oda felt confident telling the Vivre Card editors to make a whole new category.

Captain M, how did you get the english translation?

Btw, here on this site (https://one-piece.com/vivre/revision.php) is a correction list of all mistakes they made on the physical cards. Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku View Post
    Captain M, how did you get the english translation?

Btw, here on this site (https://one-piece.com/vivre/revision.php) is a correction list of all mistakes they made on the physical cards. Great!!
    That's just the automatic google translate Chrome does when you go onto the site. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a native English option, but in this case all the text is simple enough that it's easy to understand even with a janky auto-translate.

Also thanks for linking the corrections page. Most of it seems to be typos so minor they barely change the translated text, but there are a handful of interesting things.

Lucci's CP0 card was meant to say that he strengthened the Haki he already knew rather than saying he learned it over the timeskip, which has super interesting implications for the CP9 gang at the time they were fought.

Little Oars Jr's height is revised from 3800cm to 6000cm.

Lucky Roo's romanised name was meant to be spelled Lucky Roux.

Catviper is meant to have Armament and Observation Haki.

So combining the change from today and yesterday's Vivre card, Rokushiki is Haki.
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That's just the automatic google translate Chrome does when you go onto the site. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a native English option, but in this case all the text is simple enough that it's easy to understand even with a janky auto-translate.

Also thanks for linking the corrections page. Most of it seems to be typos so minor they barely change the translated text, but there are a handful of interesting things.

Lucci's CP0 card was meant to say that he strengthened the Haki he already knew rather than saying he learned it over the timeskip, which has super interesting implications for the CP9 gang at the time they were fought.

Little Oars Jr's height is revised from 3800cm to 6000cm.

Lucky Roo's romanised name was meant to be spelled Lucky Roux.

Catviper is meant to have Armament and Observation Haki.
    It's worth mentionning that roux is french for ginger/red hair.

Some other interesting corrections :
    - Momonosuke's fruit is no longer said to be a SMILE, it is said though that the fruit is a failed attempt
    - Pedro is confirmed dead ("age at death : 32")
    - Shanks' timeline has been corrected (The card implied that he became Yonko before meeting Luffy)

Seems like they didn't noticed the mistake on Rosinante's height.
    Last edited by Flame; December 27th, 2019 at 03:39 AM.

More like Tekkai is Haki even though Oda denied it in SBS. We can never how serious he's when answering SBS questions.
    He needs to at least address the transparent/invincible haki(tekkai) one day.

I would be okay with it, actually great idea.

I thought the Vivre Cards already told us that CP9 all had CoO and CoA.

So they removed the bit of information that said Mocha was the first subject to undergo giantification.

(Yes, I still think Vegapunk actually did all those unethical studies he said not to and Linlin was a successful case)

And they corrected the bit about Shanks already being an Emperor by the time he gave Luffy the hat/lost his arm. This one caused a lot of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    It's worth mentionning that roux is french for ginger/red hair.

Some other interesting corrections :
    - Momonosuke's fruit is no longer said to be a SMILE, it is said though that the fruit is a failed attempt
    - Pedro is confirmed dead ("age at death : 32")
    - Shanks' timeline has been corrected (The card implied that he became Yonko before meeting Luffy)

Seems like they didn't noticed the mistake on Rosinante's height.
    Pedro officially dead? Were Vergo and Money confirmed too?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    They did, but people jumped to the conclusion that they learned it after the timeskip despite Lucci's Pre TS card having Haki.
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Pedro officially dead? Were Vergo and Money confirmed too?
    IIRC Vergo's and Monet's VC didn't make it clear whether or not they died. There is no correction for them on the site at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    We first got Lucci's CP0 card saying word-by-word he learned haki during the timeskip then we got all the CP9 cards a few months later listing them all with Haki since the start. The cards were in conflict there and they fixed it now by rewording Lucci's card to say he strengthened it during the timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    So combining the change from today and yesterday's Vivre card, Rokushiki is Haki.

Are you freaking kidding me with this!? This has to be a retcon because it's been long established that Rokushiki is pure physical while Haki is spiritual with will power, which makes a lot of since really! Now all the sudden that's not the case anymore? I'm so confused. O_o
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Quote Originally Posted by joesephes View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me with this!? This has to be a retcon because it's been long established that Rokushiki is pure physical while Haki is spiritual with will power, which makes a lot of since really! Now all the sudden that's not the case anymore? I'm so confused. O_o
    My understanding is that it's not that the Six Powers are Haki, more that CP9 just had that as well. It would seem the World Government uses their martial art as a precursor training to Haki, to help their officers awaken it within themselves and build it up. It makes a lot of sense, given how similar a lot of Six Powers techniques are to the application of Haki.

It's also possible they learned Haki during their cover story, which was pre-timeskip. So they had it before the timeskip, but not when they fought the crew.

One of the reasons why i dont enjoy reading "official translation" they rougly translates things like Zolo, Dogstorm and Cat Viper now look what happen to laugh tale also i remember Oz was used more often until it was revealed to be Oars

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information