+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Chapter 908: The Reverie Begins

Default Re: Chapter 908: The Reverie Begins

I finished my 2nd attempt of a post showing who is sitting where at the Reverie. This has all the seats numbered, then lists the recognizable (well most are recognizable to me AND some genereous help from others on Ham Burger and Wapol).If you go the Deviant art page, in the description I list the known kings, their kingdoms and where (if known) they can be found.
    Hidden:

Why did I assign Wapol at #49 if we can't really see him? Simple some of those I've been talking to has given me hints. Think it was Ramistar who said they saw a raw if the image where they could see more of that person and he's fat, when the pic is enlarged look beteen the first E. Between the overlapping E, we can see some hair and a black cap , that matches Wapol. Since he's not sitting where we can see his face, he's likely in a seat that is behind the lettering, making #49 most likely (for now)
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    It's not if you subscribe to the two strawhats put together theory :I

Seriously though here is a possible explanation. The planet used to be a water world, but then one of the moons in an unstable orbit got inside the roche limit, and split into a ring (ala Saturn). This ring would be naturally circular, because it will follow the original orbit of the moon (again, see Saturn). However, the gravity of the planet kept pulling the ring inwards resulting in a storm of asteroid hits on circular section of the planet. This caused a huge fissure along the path of impact. This would be deep enough to reach the molten interior of the planet, and would allow magma to flow causing the mountain to begin forming. Over the next few millennium, this would shape the planet as it is today. Incidentally, Saturn's moon Iapetus has a similar ridge (13 KM high) along its equator (to be fair, it doesn't go all around, I think it's three quarters??), so, its not like this doesn't happen in real universe.

EDIT: looked it up, it is three quarters along the equator, and it follows the equator almost perfectly.

Hope this makes sense.
    That definitely sounds plausible.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

I know it's a term for religious matters in Japanese, but damn it all, every time I see Imu typed out, my mind processes it as Emu.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Or the moon people just looked at the Earth and thought "I really like that blue ball on the sky... I should put a ring on it".

There's also the fact that the Empty Throne looks too much like a gigantic sword that is stuck on the very opposite side of a gigantic mountain - maybe if you break the Reverse Mountain down, you will find the tip of the sword beneath it? What the reason BB attacked Impel Down was because San Juan Wolf is the only person who can hold that sword? Good luck beating that, Zoro
    The throne does have a space theme, but it's way too small to be a planet crushing sword (prove me wrong Oda).

It's about the right size for Oars to wield, and we've all noticed that suspiciously WG-like logo on his pelt.

Now that we've seen the throne, we know that the current WG symbol is ancient and Oars can't have been working for the WG.
    However, the symbol on the throne could've been modified by the Celestial Dragons during the Void Century in an attempt to claim the throne as their own.

What if IM's name is Immortal? wouldn't be the first time Oda used an English name that has a meaning or something to do with the character's ability/role/identity. From the Japanese characters in his name it can mean many things adam/eve, rebirth, funeral..etc as mentioned earlier in this thread. It goes along very well with the meaning of the word immortal.

The eyes, his eye reminded us of Mihawk (his name also has some Buddhist reference/meaning, same with kuma) and Zunisha! yes, what if IM is just an avatar? someone else is animating it? just like how Momo was using Zou. Doesn't have to be full control, someone else or something is giving it orders. But what I really think IM is, he/she is the "Will of the Celestial dragons" just like the will of D., Tenryuubitos also have their hidden will.

Speaking of Mihawk, the way he withdrawn from the war of the best when shanks appeared, reminded me of how the Gorosei let shanks in nonchalantly. Just an observation.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I finished my 2nd attempt of a post showing who is sitting where at the Reverie. This has all the seats numbered, then lists the recognizable (well most are recognizable to me AND some genereous help from others on Ham Burger and Wapol).If you go the Deviant art page, in the description I list the known kings, their kingdoms and where (if known) they can be found.

If you match number 29's picture to this one https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180605102127 it hints that the one with number 30 is the one in the picture ( the guy in the image stands next to someone dresssed like number 29).

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    If you match number 29's picture to this one https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180605102127 it hints that the one with number 30 is the one in the picture ( the guy in the image stands next to someone dresssed like number 29).
    Actually on enlarging it (this site it won't enlarge) on DeviantART, you can see that #29 is indeed the Arabic looking guy that is standing next to the link you gave and the long faced woman in #8. and yes the guy in #30 is wearing a cape draped over the shoulders similar to the guy in your link. problem is that we can't see a face or head gear well... in fact it looks like a stylized skeletal mask with what looks like ribbed webbing around the head. Its very vauge, enough to make me wonder, I almost did add him there at #30 but decided to wait until next chapter to see if they would show more.

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I know it's a term for religious matters in Japanese, but damn it all, every time I see Imu typed out, my mind processes it as Emu.
    Before I knew emus were animals, I used to think emu was an alternate spelling or misspelling of emo.

Imu is an emo emu?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I can relate to that: my brain won't stop reading "Im" as a misspelled "I'm"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Live Fast Grow Fat Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I can relate to that: my brain won't stop reading "Im" as a misspelled "I'm"
    16 chars of Me too. I try to type it as either Imu or Eam.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Hidden:

Why did I assign Wapol at #49 if we can't really see him? Simple some of those I've been talking to has given me hints. Think it was Ramistar who said they saw a raw if the image where they could see more of that person and he's fat, when the pic is enlarged look beteen the first E. Between the overlapping E, we can see some hair and a black cap , that matches Wapol. Since he's not sitting where we can see his face, he's likely in a seat that is behind the lettering, making #49 most likely (for now)
    Good work! I'll put the "Incest Duke of Habsburg" (yeah, I called him that XD) on Number 30. Duke of Habsburg is seen in the same panel as "Lady Longface" in chapter 906 (JB, pg 7, middle-center panel) EDIT: Aaargh, ninja'd by Rigacrypto!
    28 would then be the king who eats the gourmet food in the panel in the right next panel to the panel I just pointed out.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; June 19th, 2018 at 10:08 AM.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    16 chars of Me too. I try to type it as either Imu or Eam.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Good work! I'll put the "Incest Duke of Habsburg" (yeah, I called him that XD) on Number 30. Duke of Habsburg is seen in the same panel as "Lady Longface" in chapter 906 (JB, pg 7, middle-center panel) EDIT: Aaargh, ninja'd by Rigacrypto!
    28 would then be the king who eats the gourmet food in the panel in the right next panel to the panel I just pointed out.
    Thanks to both Rigacryto and you as well. I've made a note of those two and will add them to the next update.

Duuuude

Two thoughts:

1) I like this hypothesis that "Connie" is Bonnie's real form/life, and that after gaining the ability to change her age and appearance, decided to live a second life as a pirate. Perhaps to exact some sort of revenge on the World Government?

2) I get the feeling that this "Imu" person is speaking some foreign (or alien) language that we can't understand yet. All of his panels thus far have him spitting out nothing but dots. Even when before the Five Elders. I strongly feel he is not of this planet.

I prefer "Im" when it's in my head; it feels simple but strong, whereas "Imu" just makes me think of an emu. But I can agree that having it written out is pretty confusing at first.

Spoiler:

Im= I Am.

I believe that was how God introduced himself to Abraham.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Im= I Am.

I believe that was how God introduced himself to Abraham.
    Depending on the translation I think god says, "I am who am"

Edit: Apparantly I Am, I Am who I Am, I Am that I Am, I Am who Am, are all used depending on translation so perhaps you're right. Does Oda pick names that work for English word play?

Two letter is to short for a name. I feel something missing so I just use king of the world or some other reference.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Chapter 908 VIZ Translation

Viz scans seems like going a bit far.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch_1897 View Post
    Chapter 908 VIZ Translation

hmmm odd in the Viz one, Morley says "But Kuma's been victimized by the world government his entire life!".
    But in Manga stream, he says nothing of the sort. What he says is "Kuma's life itself was forfeited to the World Government!" which would refer to his fate as PX-0 then as a slave and nothing refers to his entire life (which by definition would include events prior to this, even childhood)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information