+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to Login to Forums via Mobile Phone

Question Unable to Login to Forums via Mobile Phone

Wassup Y'all.

So I've had an ongoing issue of being completley unable to login to my account on my iPhone 6. My password remains unchanged, and I have no issue logging on to the forums via my laptop or desktop computer at work, but whenever I attempt to login via Safari on my Phone, it does'nt work and I'm immediately taken back to the Logon page. This issue has been happening since last December, and I would appreciate if an Administator could fix my account if possible and help me resolve this annoying issue.

V/R,

Rogues

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Default Re: Unable to Login to Forums via Mobile Phone

Have you tried on other phones, or a mobile browser other than Safari? Have you tried telling the browser on your phone to request the desktop version of the site to see if that works? How about clearing cookies/cache in Safari?

I don't know what problem it could be with your actual user account.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Have you tried on other phones
    Have not tried that yet, only with my Laptop and this desktop computer I'm using at work.

or a mobile browser other than Safari?
    This however, I did try. I downloaded the Firefox app (the browser I'm using now) on my iPhone and had the exact same result as with Safari, with the Forums telling me that my username/password are incorrect.

Have you tried telling the browser on your phone to request the desktop version of the site to see if that works?
    This site is by default always in the desktop version on my phone.

How about clearing cookies/cache in Safari?
    I did try that as well, no dice unfortunately.

I don't know what problem it could be with your actual user account.
    The problem has to be with the forums, as it's the only one of my accounts that I'm unable to login to despite retaining the correct username & password. Amazon, Ebay, Yahoo, Facebook, Etsy, Fandango...every last one of my online accounts operates smoothly when accessed on mobile, and Arlong Park seems to be the lone bizarre exception.

Twitch / Blogspot

Wait so it's actually telling you your login info is wrong? I thought it was just redirecting to the login page but not explicitly saying your credentials are wrong. If that's the case, especially given that it works elsewhere, maybe I'd suggest changing your password.

Wait so it's actually telling you your login info is wrong? I thought it was just redirecting to the login page but not explicitly saying your credentials are wrong. If that's the case, especially given that it works elsewhere, maybe I'd suggest changing your password.
    Sooo I changed my password, and logged in for the first time with new password, and everything was fine....until I logged out. Upon logging in with my new password for the second time, immediately brought to the logon page and told me that my credentials were wrong. And every attempt thereafter was the same; even thought I just changed my password.

Twitch / Blogspot

Damn. Honestly I don't know what else to do. It's not like there's a flag set on your account for "screw up iPhone."

Arlong Park just hates my phone, apparently.

They used to be good friends once, now they're not on speaking terms anymore.

Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Arlong Park just hates my phone, apparently.

They used to be good friends once, now they're not on speaking terms anymore.
    I have a suggestion.

Have you tried going to the alternate Arlong Park URL? Like if you are logging into forums.arlongpark.net, try instead going to apforums.net; or vice versa.

If it works, then your phone has probably saved an older/ incorrect password which it tries to use instead of the one you provide in the form; which is an easily solvable problem once it's diagnosed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information