+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

I like how Kizaru and Sakazuki feel they only need to send Kizaru to Wano to keep things in check. Obviously they are apprehensive because they don't know what the fuck is going on in Wano, but I like that Oda is still portraying the Admirals as very strong people who can take on the Emperors. I feel like a lot of fans have been downplaying the Admirals recently, and saying they are weaker than the Emperors. If anything, I feel they are somewhat equal.

Wow wow!
    Great start to the Arc!
    So now we already have the following powerful people all at the same location:
    1. Garp
    2. Shanks
    3. Fujitora
    4. Ryukugou
    5. Dragon (incoming)
    6. Akainu, kizaru and sengoku right next to marijoes
    7. Sabo, cp0, celestial dragons, all the kings

Are we going to have a big ass Mexican stand off?
    Surely dragon alone cannot handle all these guys, right? Surely?
    Don't think shanks will help dragon.. doesn't look like he will be involved in any way with dragons revolution.

And BM & kaidou alliance against luffy? Wow.. luffy seriously needs help from the samurais doesn't he? Luffy was no where near to BM in a 1-v-1.
    Also, what BM wants apart from luffy's head is surely the cloud homie?? Forgot his name. And we don't see any of her crew around her. I want to see what happened to them. And what happened to germa.

So garp became known as the "hero" because he was involved in stopping the "rocks" rampage which involved both BM and kaidou? I hope we get a backstory soon.

I really liked Neptune's reaction. I would also have personally beat up that charloss shit. Good that the queen's sacrifice finally paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post
    I like how Kizaru and Sakazuki feel they only need to send Kizaru to Wano to keep things in check. Obviously they are apprehensive because they don't know what the fuck is going on in Wano, but I like that Oda is still portraying the Admirals as very strong people who can take on the Emperors. I feel like a lot of fans have been downplaying the Admirals recently, and saying they are weaker than the Emperors. If anything, I feel they are somewhat equal.
    Actually, Sakazuki told Kizaru to not be in rush to go to Wano.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    So... Kaidou and Big Mom were in the same crew or who lost their captain? Strange page

And I hope Lucci and Co just act... After EL I thought they would give no shits about the WG

But still the whole chapter was hype... And can't wait for Sterry sitting on the throne and what the outcome will be...

But I LOLed at the warlords being able to take on 2 Yonkous + crew... Seriously?

PS
    Still no post TS Borgard
    We already saw Big Mom on her own in the flashbacks. Doubtful she would be part of another crew.

It seems like Oda is setting up more parallels between Roger and Luffy. It looks like Roger also had to defeat a group of pirates or some incredibly strong crew to cement his claim as Pirate King. I always thought up until this point that Roger and Whitebeards time was sparse with pirates and that they kind of were the ones to establish the power of pirates in the world. But looks like just like Luffy has to, Roger had to take down the big guns of his era. Which is pretty cool, kind of makes the connection between them even closer. But it does make you wonder why Roger was the first Pirate King, if these supposed "Rocks" were incredibly powerful?
    One Piece isn't a video game and isn't following "beat everyone to unlock this area/title" logic.

Sakazuki literally told Kizaru to stay put because he doesn't know how strong those Samurai are.

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    Actually, Sakazuki told Kizaru to not be in rush to go to Wano.

We already saw Big Mom on her own in the flashbacks. Doubtful she would be part of another crew.
    The whole conversation with Garp was strange

No quicker way to settle an argument than a mace to the face.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🅵🅰Ⓜ🅸🅽🅴?⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ uniaka ikuzakas's Avatar

Oh this makes sense.

Say hello to Blackbeard pirates new allies, the 'ROCKS'. They lost their captain, so they have no leader.

This is why shanks is here, he knows blackbeard got the legendary crew of ''The ROCKS'' under him and he is so strong now, shanks is scared.

Isn't most of his crew from Impel Down though? Aside from Lafitte, Van Auger, Burgess, and Doc Q the others were just prisoners that were recruited to join after killing the other Level 6 prisoners.
    My bad, they are allies, not part of the main crew.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; June 8th, 2018 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    One Piece isn't a video game and isn't following "beat everyone to unlock this area/title" logic.

Sakazuki literally told Kizaru to stay put because he doesn't know how strong those Samurai are.
    It's been following that logic for quite a while now, to become the Pirate King you need to assert your dominance by taking down the other Emperors. Shanks aside, the other ones are on a collision course with Luffy.

Like I said, they're apprehensive, but they still believe they can go in and have a shot. Sakazuki is playing it safe because the samurai are a wild card of unknown potential, so you can't make a move without knowing about that wild card. Yet, Kizaru's actions show they believe they have that power, as long as they know all the players.

Absurdly good chapter. I have no idea how it's even possible to cram that much amazing stuff in, but that just goes to show that spending 20 years building a world really pays off.

You gotta appreciate how lackadaisical both Kaido and BM are about the prospect of death. It's like yeah yeah whatever mhmm you'll kill me yeah that's great how about next thursday

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Oh this makes sense.

Say hello to Blackbeard pirates new fleet, the 'ROCKS'. Thye lost their captain, so they have no leader, and it was their era before roger.

This is why shanks is here, he knows blackbeard got the legendary crew of ''The ROCKS'' under him and he is so strong now, shanks is scared shitless.
    Isn't most of his crew from Impel Down though? Aside from Lafitte, Van Auger, Burgess, and Doc Q the others were just prisoners that were recruited to join after killing the other Level 6 prisoners.

Hoo boy. I don't remember the last time I did so many double takes while reading a chapter. It's super cool getting looks at the highest affairs of the world. Kaido's and Big Mom's interaction got my mouth watering, and I'm super anxious to learn about Kaido's past. But Shanks! Man, the dude gets around! So much of the manga is spent focusing on Luffy building relationships and connections, and I'm glad to see the top pirates of the world having a similar kind of base.

Stelly is like that one kid who sees rules as invitations. That little bastard is almost making me anxious somehow, like I'm holding my breath until he finally does it and has some unimaginably horrible punishment happen to him.

As for the Shirahoshi scene...I found the beginning of it to be a little clunky. Like, I dunno, I understand that the point is that she's in a society where being kidnapped for a noble's desire is nothing to sneeze at, but the way it and CP-0's appearance was presented didn't carry much weight regardless of context. Thankfully I enjoyed it more as it went on; I genuinely felt Neptune's rage and of course Mjosgard's arrival was super neat! I hope we get to see more of him.

As for Rocks...well, the only thing that can come to mind is...

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    The return of the grateful Celestial Dragon is a nice twist, but I'm sort of annoyed that he is another DonQuixote. Who exactly would he be to Doflamingo ? Uncle ? Cousin ? And, more importantly, where was he when the rest of his family went into exile ? I wouldn't have minded if he was from another entirely unconnected family, or even a relative of Saint Charlos.
    It's worth noting that the World Nobles are only descended from 19 families. So not only are a lot of people related to each other, but they're probably inbred as fuck, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    CP0 isn't secret, but it does feel like something Oda made up because he wanted to keep Cipher Pol relevant somehow. I don't see where it even fits in the greater plot.
    They directly serve the World Nobles, so they'll be very relevant for the oncoming war with the Revolutionaries.

Spoiler:

Pardon my french, but FUCK me if this isnīt the hypest shit.

Iīve always heavily favored the transition chapters to the actual arcs and this is pretty much my favorite part of One Piece turned up to 10.

Kizaru being that easy-going about confronting both Big Mum, Kaidou and their crew is...weird. Either heīs insanely over-confident, or the Admirals are even more of a threat than I previously thought...also I feel like theyīre over-estimating the power of the warlords, unless both Weevil and Hawkeye (the only one I personally can see being able to go toe to toe with a yonkou) are as strong as the Yonkou themselves, I donīt see how even all seven of them working perfectly fine together would be able to stop two Yonkous with their full crews going at it.

The "Rocks" (maybe "roux", as in "kings" since Oda has been going for french, lately? Weīll see, I guess...either way, the concept of Big Mom and Kaidou possibly having a past together maybe even a crew, is kinda hardcore. If thatīs what the "rocks" is, I fully agree with the other guy who said it before...their captain might very well be the "Legend" Oda talked about and also the one Eye-Patch-Pirate that we were promised. Another guy talked about how this subject might be gone over in the next movie, which seems possible, but would be a serious waste, imo. Also, if Garp (who couldīve been an Admiral) really killed/defeated a captain who managed a crew with people like Kaidou and Big Mom in it, that would be yet another point that would make me rethink the actual (ugh, I hate that word) "powerlevel" of the Admirals.

Sterry and Charlos being ABSOLUTE wastes of living space is...expected. Unexpected, tho, was the Fishman-Island-Tenryuubito making a comeback as a good character (which I loved) and Lucci (on first glance, at least) being...well...a tool. Thought he might have changed, but maybe heīs still just out for blood and the Tenryuubito can give him just that. Also, Iīd have loved to see Neptune go berserk. Rebecca and Sais reaction to Shirahoshis kidnapping were the only parts of this chapter that I didnīt really like. Of cause it was just Oda stalling for time, but still...after his experiences at Dressrosa and his initial characterization, I simply donīt buy Sai holding back Rebecca, when slavery is the danger at hand. Even in front of the Tenryuubito.
    Oh, right. The kings and queens being just as helpless in front of the Tenryuubito as commoners is interesting, too. I thought at least kidnapping a royal in front of the others would be out of question, EVEN for them.
    Also itīs good to know that the Five Elder Stars are above the Tenryuubito. Still wonder why they let them run amok like this, though, since so far, they donīt seem like...well, actual bad guys. More "for the sake of the greater good" - we even saw one of them crying when ordering the holocaust on Ohara.

Shanks continues to be the ab-so-lute baddest of all asses. Marching into Mariajoia during the Reverie, like that. I mean, sure, heīs a Yonkou, but with that level of security, itīs pretty much game over, even for him, if the Elder Stars decide to end him, right there, yet he stays cool as always.
    It seems, that, while most big pirates and marines are feared, heīs the only character we met so far whoīs respected by...well, everyone, really. Plus, Iīm starting to feel like his connection with Blackbeard is MUCH deeper than just "heīs the only guy who hurt me to a point where I still feel it". So far, he went as far as meeting two of the absolute biggest powers of the world, just to talk about Teach.

Yeah...this wall of text has been necessary. I havenīt been as hyped for One Piece in years.

ok, what in the flying fuck?

seriously there's simply too much in this chapter, TOO MUCH i tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    The whole conversation with Garp was strange
    For once, I think Mangastream translation makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    And since Luffy is not yet a threat for her or for Kaido (or so they think) it seems BM wants not only Luffy's head but also something else.
    I believe she wants the poneglyphs print back

Also I think that was the last cover story cover. Isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post

It's the same for me... Dunno what they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post

I believe she wants the poneglyphs print back

Also I think that was the last cover story cover. Isn't it ?
    It makes a little more sense, but doesn't clarify whether it was a crew or just an epithet for their generation. What doesn't make sense is Hina's line says "Even with their captain gone, they're still getting stronger." But what I don't get is if she's referring to Big Mom and Kaido, they're Emperors! They've been on top of their game for almost two decades now, why does their supposed captain matter in terms of their strength?

I guess we'll have to wait for the Viz translation to see.

It was nice seeing Momousagi there, sad she didnt end up as admiral. It seems that the Empty Throne is really influenced by Oda watching Game of Thrones, or a nice coincidence that he had planned since 1997. Also intrigued about who the "last" member of CP-0 is, since Spandam is not that tall.

The empty throne, the vacant leader role of "Rocks" and the certain pirate Shanks is going to talk to elders about... I feel like we're getting set up to introduce a powerful new character.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

It makes a little more sense, but doesn't clarify whether it was a crew or just an epithet for their generation. What doesn't make sense is Hina's line says "Even with their captain gone, they're still getting stronger." But what I don't get is if she's referring to Big Mom and Kaido, they're Emperors! They've been on top of their game for almost two decades now, why does their supposed captain matter in terms of their strength?

I guess we'll have to wait for the Viz translation to see.
    From my point of view she could be refering to :
    1. The remains of Whitebeard crew ... at some point they may have been in another crew alongside WB.
    2. The prisoners from Impel Down who are in BB's crew ... i think BB especially looked for them in level 6 knowing that they were part of a crew in the last age and wants to rebuild it somehow - "even with their captain gone" could mean that they lost their captain long ago and still don't recognize BB as a new captain ... yet.
    3. The Sun Pirates ? Maybe they learned Jimbe joined SH or they are talking about Fisher Tiger.
    4. The "legend" Oda was talking about that would come up in the upcoming chapters.

5. Or the former crew that included BM and Kaido ... that is a scary scenario.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information