+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

This has to be the reason Shanks is there:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I still believe that the Gourosei is a Dark Dragon God who split themselves in five human beings.
    So the World Government is controlled by the five-headed dragon goddess Tiamat who manifests in the material plane using the Gorousei as avatars? I can get behind that...

(Seriously, what is it with me mixing One Piece and Planescape this week...?)
    Last edited by otakufan; June 13th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I still believe that the Gourosei is a Dark Dragon God who split themselves in five human beings.
    Spoiler:

Something like this?

Regarding Sakazuki's line to the Gorosei, he doesn't call them the puppets of the World Nobles - he's referring to CP-0. In Mangastream's and Cnet's translations he says "CP-0...let me guess, they went over your heads, those puppets of the Celestial Dragons!"

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    Now two twists that make no sense- the elders are retconed to being above the Celetstial Dragons after already not long ago being established as being puppets of the Celestial Dragons ...what?
    That was never established, and was only believed by a subset of readers who are very bad at reading subtext in dialogue.

Also, how is Shanks boldly talking casually with them and it not immediately becoming a war but instead an agreed uppn discussion?
    The same way throughout history in real life you can have enemy leaders meeting to negotiate things? Especially if as most people think the discussion is about Blackbeard, than the topic is a common foe.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    The thing is... they look EXACTLY the same as they did in the Ohara flashback. It is a bit too suspicious, especially after we've learned about Law's fruit and Bonney's abilities. And that the Marines are especially focused on going after Bonney, for some reason. No, it's not confirmed, but there's a lot pointing to it.
    Add on top of this the fact that Oda is obsessive in showing little differences with characters over time. He clearly has a shitload of fun thinking about "Hey what hairstyle did this character have back some years ago?".
    Like seriously. We're talking the author who did this.
    And not once, in the multiple times we've seen the Gorusei in flashbacks, let alone the timeskip, has he drawn any of them in any way different.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Regarding Sakazuki's line to the Gorosei, he doesn't call them the puppets of the World Nobles - he's referring to CP-0. In Mangastream's and Cnet's translations he says "CP-0...let me guess, they went over your heads, those puppets of the Celestial Dragons!"
    And regardless, in either format the phrasing is "went over your heads"/"Behind your back". That sort of thing.
    It was always a situation where the nobles were making their own moves without the king's permission. And Akainu was mocking the Elders about it.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The same way throughout history in real life you can have enemy leaders meeting to negotiate things? Especially if as most people think the discussion is about Blackbeard, than the topic is a common foe.
    Exactly. Shanks stopped the war in Marinford when he showed up, so it's not like their intent is to just fight him on sight or vice versa. There's an understanding that he's not like the other pirates of his stature (look at the reaction to hearing Big Mom and Kaido talking compared to him). He must have managed to talk down Kaido on his way to help Whitebeard anyway, so he clearly understands the finer points of diplomacy better than most.

Like seriously. We're talking the author who did this.
    Aw, I thought you were going to show the panel where Zoro had the Luffy chest scar instead of his own.

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    He must have managed to talk down Kaido on his way to help Whitebeard anyway, so he clearly understands the finer points of diplomacy better than most.
    That's the question, what happened between Shanks and Kaido. Kaido was introduced as basically an unstoppable force of nature, doing things no one other dares to do. I doubt that Shanks managed to prevent him from stiring up things at Marineford just by talk. In my opinion, this points more to some sort of "deal" between the two, where Shanks had some kind of leverage over Kaido or offered him something that calmed the Beast down.

Carrot's still never gonna join the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Really really hoping that it's not Blackbeard that Shanks is there to talk about. I love Blackbeard and anything related to him but Shanks warning about him again is pretty damn pointless at this point.
    How do you figure when BB wasted the rest of the Whitebeard pirates? Attacked the revolutionaries base and Shanks was thereafter in a cover story? BB has minions under his umbrella wrecking havoc on islands...Shanks is there to talk about the guy he told Whitebeard is a threat to this age....Teach.

Like it or not...BB IS that pirate, it's not goofy Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    This has to be the reason Shanks is there:

https://ibb.co/ch4GZdhttps://image.ibb.co/dNOofJ/luffyhan.png
    Hahahahaha that's too funny!

Can you imagine if that was the case lmao
    One Piece ,\/,,

I really think someone in Shanks ' crew have a teleport fruit. He moves really fast around New World

Quote Originally Posted by zuppamann View Post
    I really think someone in Shanks ' crew have a teleport fruit. He moves really fast around New World
    So that's the reason its said that Lucky Roo is fastest man alive. Sorry I just had to make fun of that old theory, I'll go stand in the corner now.
    "Gunpowder" Lagoon Fishhawk, here.
    What's your pirate name? use the funny name generator here

i cant believe charloss fucking died

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black Hole View Post
    That's the question, what happened between Shanks and Kaido. Kaido was introduced as basically an unstoppable force of nature, doing things no one other dares to do. I doubt that Shanks managed to prevent him from stiring up things at Marineford just by talk. In my opinion, this points more to some sort of "deal" between the two, where Shanks had some kind of leverage over Kaido or offered him something that calmed the Beast down.
    My thing is, do we know Kaido was in fact there or was his fleet there without him? If the former, Shanks' negotiation skills are WAY more impressive, otherwise, still fairly impressive but without as much leverage, Kaido backing off isn't as momentous. We just don't know for sure...do we? So many different translations, maybe it did explicitly say Kaido was there personally. It's certainly more plausible if it was just Kaido's fleet. They can use the Yonkou name interchangeably with their fleet or agents simply because it's the name that carries the weight, not the person in question necessarily. You could say that Big Mom burned down the island that failed to pay her tribute, but it was technically that fat guy with the weird mask whose name escapes me, just working for her, that sort of thing. If Kaido wasn't on the battlefield to stand in Shanks' way, surely Shanks could have just used threats to get him to back off. But if Kaido was there, Shanks might have needed to part with something valuable to get him to stand aside. Good thing he already handed the hat over to Luffy...

Quote Originally Posted by KL_SK View Post
    Hi guys! Long-time lurker here. I have often almost made an account during the past 10 years, but never did. This chapter, however, finally made me take the leap. The reason is this. My interpretation of the Rocks/Locks thing was simply that Garp addressed Hina by her epithet, "Lock" Hina. He was like "Oh it's you, huh... interesting you know about that since you're so young".

I haven't seen the raw to compare the original Japanese, but I think we should consider this possibility. Don't let it kill the Big Mom and Kaidou were once in a crew and its once-legendary captain may be surfacing again-hype, I just don't think that constituted a name-drop.
    Interesting, could be.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by LuffydaPirateKing View Post
    Interesting, could be.

Welcome
    I don't think so. I think i saw someone mentioning earlier in the thread that the official VIZ translation is ROX not Locks/Rocks. That makes it impossible for Garp to be refering to Hina

Quote Originally Posted by Kh3lbeN View Post
    I don't think so. I think i saw someone mentioning earlier in the thread that the official VIZ translation is ROX not Locks/Rocks. That makes it impossible for Garp to be refering to Hina
    Also Hina's epithet is Black Cage. I don't think she's ever been referred to as Lock, even once.

There's an understanding that he's not like the other pirates of his stature (look at the reaction to hearing Big Mom and Kaido talking compared to him).
    The World Government freaked out in the same way when Shanks was meeting with Whitebeard though.

They may trust his ability to be diplomatic but I don't think they really see him as all that different.

He must have managed to talk down Kaido on his way to help Whitebeard anyway, so he clearly understands the finer points of diplomacy better than most.
    Who knows?

There's a whole list of ways that the meeting between Shanks and Kaido may have gone down.

It wasn't necessarily a diplomatic solution that was reached.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    The World Government freaked out in the same way when Shanks was meeting with Whitebeard though.

They may trust his ability to be diplomatic but I don't think they really see him as all that different.
    I d like to think that the reason they freaked out when WB was meeting with Shanks was different.Big Mom and Kaido meeting and duking it out could easily lead to a lot of civilian casualties and an island getting destroyed. This point is further fortified when Sakazuki hides behind jurisdiction to promote marine non-involvement. Shanks and Whitebeard though are another story. These two are not known to be hotheads, quite the opposite. If there is a meeting between them something else besides a brawl is probably going down,something way more important.That could be anything from a temporary alliance to the exchange of information only WB and Shanks are privy to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    About Shanks and the Gorosei I think in OP world aswell as in many series it's possible to talk to your enemy instead of beating the shit out of each other (lol). Talking to each other doesn't mean they are friends or anything or that they are giving up their goals. Kind of a war honor code or something like that.

Also I like to think Shanks being there is quite cool since it could mean even if the WG would want to catch him nobody there could do it or at least the price would be higher than the benefit.

As for the Gorosei they are not above the CD but they are CD, the highest ones. When Sakasuki sayd the Gorosei they were receiving orders from higher above he was begin sarcastic and many (me included) misunderstood it in a different way, but this chapter reveals the true about their status. It makes much more sense to me.

We can't assume the Gorosei are inmortals yet, it's just a non-confirmed theory. I don't see the need for that. Being a CD seems to be something you inherit so there's no problem if they are just mortal regular elders.
    Yeah but it's one thing for enemies in war to have peaceful negotiations and it's entirely different thing for known pirate emperor to March his way to the capital of the Marines sneak in undetected and then sit down and say he wants to talk. As for the immortal thing that just seems like speculation that does not currently have enough evidence to say it is true or false.

As for the elders and Celestial dragons I meant that because of a statement from a previous chapter I forget the one but there was a statement where it was stated that they were merely pawns below the celestial dragons I forget what chapter it was but it was pretty well established within that one chapter to be stated so this feels like a very clear retcon.
    I published an Epic Fantasy Novel!:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542799449..._D3jYybVWR9N5V

Interested in what is the life-long debt between Kaido and Big Mom. Will the Big Mom Pirates be in Wano? I had thought about the idea of two emperors joining forces. Like Kaido-Blackbeard. But, this is a pleasant surprise.

Rocks/Rox pirates. I do not think this pirate group was affiliated with Big Mom and Kaido at all. I think it was a separate crew and Garp took down their captain. Might these be the legends that will be in the Straw Hats way before Wano that Oda was talking about?

Will Sabo save Stelly from his own stupidity?

Mjosgard will keep things in check while the Celestial Dragons and the other kings play rulers.

Shanks, I am sure it is Blackbeard he wants to speak about.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information