+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

Damn, teasing us again like that.

Glad that Oda decided to sprinkle a shade of grey among Celestials. Is this the last time Charlos gets blasted to his face? Can't get enough of that.

Shanks is the most respected man in the world it seems.

Funny, didn't even get the chance to comment last week's chapter. I like this one a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Rocks also could be some island or an incident in which BM, Kaido and Garp were involved. Since Hina seems to refer to the heroic actions of Garp related to that 'rocks' thing...

Quote Originally Posted by They call me D View Post
    "They have lost their Captain"

Who was the leader of Linlin and Kaido?
    I don't know, but the association they were involved doesn't look like the crewmates relationship, but more like an alliance, even if they were crewmates at some moment.

Anyway it's really interesting. Each yonkou has his/her territory in the new world, and basically BM is telling Kaido "I will enter your territory searching for StrawHats; you owe it to me". Sure she knew from the beginning Kaido would refuse, but she counters proposing him an alliance. And since Luffy is not yet a threat for her or for Kaido (or so they think) it seems BM wants not only Luffy's head but also something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDBrolly View Post
    Shanks is definatelly speaking about Blackbeard, the whole thing reminds me the time he went to Whitebeard to warn him about Blackbeard as well.
    It could be Luffy, BB or Edward Weevil, I guess.

Duuuude

Everyone saying that the Five Elders are on the top of the food chain, but I'm gonna bet that they're answering at least somewhat to some space beings.

I'm also convinced that Shanks is not there to discuss Luffy. Has Shanks ever spoken of Luffy while *not* smiling? He's probably going to discuss Blackbeard, which has been his go-to topic each of the last two times he has sought out a summit with a powerful or influential figure. Although he sent a messenger boy to Whitebeard the first time.

This is already the greatest arc of all time.

Rocks will be the hidden legend that emerges. A crew before Rogers time

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Mashwrjsh (I should learn his name now that he's human) is either unaware, or still an asshole for everyone not merfolk (I doubt as that is not the way that oda does it). I dunno if he can just free slaves without any consequences, just like he can beat the snoot out of Charlos.
    I think/hope he realizes that he’ll be dead before dawn if he tries to do anything of that sort unilaterally, thus waiting on a person/people of FT’s caliber to free the slaves.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Suddenly got this revelation : what if the 'rocks' will be featured in a new movie?

Oda did the same thing with shiki, he incorporate the char in the manga then use him as a char in the movie.

We already got so much in our plate to be deal with (kaidou, wano, RA, ryokugyu, etc) so introducing an ancient pirate crew to wreck things up might not be feasible. So Oda might introduce the crew in the manga just be used later in the movie.

I hope I'm wrong though cause i would love to see this crew in the manga.

Also BM wants to be listen talking to Kaido... hmmmm

Rocks maybe the pirate group of Linlin and Kaidou.
    I have a guess that the captain of that pirate group is the one that Oda talked about, when saying the greatest enemy SH has ever faced.
    A new super strong, yet ancient, character.
    Older than Garp, perhaps?

It seems like Oda is setting up more parallels between Roger and Luffy. It looks like Roger also had to defeat a group of pirates or some incredibly strong crew to cement his claim as Pirate King. I always thought up until this point that Roger and Whitebeards time was sparse with pirates and that they kind of were the ones to establish the power of pirates in the world. But looks like just like Luffy has to, Roger had to take down the big guns of his era. Which is pretty cool, kind of makes the connection between them even closer. But it does make you wonder why Roger was the first Pirate King, if these supposed "Rocks" were incredibly powerful?

Feeling at a loss here.

The "rocks" stuff is so elliptic that I first thought I had skipped a page. I ...guess Big Mom and Kaido were once part of a same faction/alliance/crew ? And they fought Garp ? Gives me mixed feelings though, I both like and hate it when Oda drops mysterious stuff out of the blue that he may not address again for a year or so. Plus, it's another of those awkward situations where a major player is introduced and they're apparently so important that everyone has known about them for ages, yet I can't help but feel disturbed that we, the reader, never heard about it before.

The return of the grateful Celestial Dragon is a nice twist, but I'm sort of annoyed that he is another DonQuixote. Who exactly would he be to Doflamingo ? Uncle ? Cousin ? And, more importantly, where was he when the rest of his family went into exile ? I wouldn't have minded if he was from another entirely unconnected family, or even a relative of Saint Charlos.

Also, I don't know what to make of Shanks having his entries in the World Government.

Oh, and, CP0. Bah. I've seen enough of stoic Lucci for a lifetime, couldn't be more underwhelmed to be reminded that the secret-police-beyond-secret is CP9 with a new name...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    Suddenly got this revelation : what if the 'rocks' will be featured in a new movie?

Oda did the same thing with shiki, he incorporate the char in the manga then use him as a char in the movie.

We already got so much in our plate to be deal with (kaidou, wano, RA, ryokugyu, etc) so introducing an ancient pirate crew to wreck things up might not be feasible. So Oda might introduce the crew in the manga just be used later in the movie.

I hope I'm wrong though cause i would love to see this crew in the manga.
    I doubt it. I saw that mentioned elsewhere too, but did Shiki get a whole page of attention? I'm more partial to an alliance of crews rather than one crew. I don't see Big Mom being someone else's underling and she seemed pretty capable even when she was a kid.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Feeling at a loss here.

The "rocks" stuff is so elliptic that I first thought I had skipped a page. I ...guess Big Mom and Kaido were once part of a same faction/alliance/crew ? And they fought Garp ? Gives me mixed feelings though, I both like and hate it when Oda drops mysterious stuff out of the blue that he may not address again for a year or so. Plus, it's another of those awkward situations where a major player is introduced and they're apparently so important that everyone has known about them for ages, yet I can't help but feel disturbed that we, the reader, never heard about it before.

The return of the grateful Celestial Dragon is a nice twist, but I'm sort of annoyed that he is another DonQuixote. Who exactly would he be to Doflamingo ? Uncle ? Cousin ? And, more importantly, where was he when the rest of his family went into exile ? I wouldn't have minded if he was from another entirely unconnected family, or even a relative of Saint Charlos.

Oh, and, CP0. Bah. I've seen enough of stoic Lucci for a lifetime, couldn't be more underwhelmed to be reminded that the secret-police-beyond-secret is CP9 with a new name...
    This time it works in my opinion because whoever this captain and their rocks are, they haven't been active for over 40 years. It's not like the Emperors, who were active since the start of the series and we only learn about them about a third of the way through. It's like learning about parts of Roger's era, they don't really affect the current day so people aren't going to mention them unless it becomes pertinent to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RyaPhoenix View Post
    Great juxtoposition between Donquixote Mjosguard and Donquixote Doflamingo. One sees himself as a god and would not change his ways no matter how much of the world he saw, one only saw part of the world and elected to change himself.

Goes to show it's about who you are and your decision, not what your blood is.
    Wow thanks for opening my eyes. Oda is truly a genius, showing all these in different ways.

BTW at the helm of the celestial dragons are the 5 elder stars. So the 5 elder stars > celestial dragons? I'm abit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    CP0 isn't secret, but it does feel like something Oda made up because he wanted to keep Cipher Pol relevant somehow. I don't see where it even fits in the greater plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Wow thanks for opening my eyes. Oda is truly a genius, showing all these in different ways.

BTW at the helm of the celestial dragons are the 5 elder stars. So the 5 elder stars > celestial dragons? I'm abit confused.
    It's not hard, the Elder Stars are the top of the Celestial Dragon food chain. Course, they probably get pushed around by the rest of the Celestial Dragons too. I wanna see what the Viz version says though, should help clear up any ambiguity.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

So... Kaidou and Big Mom were in the same crew or who lost their captain? Strange page

And I hope Lucci and Co just act... After EL I thought they would give no shits about the WG

But still the whole chapter was hype... And can't wait for Sterry sitting on the throne and what the outcome will be...

But I LOLed at the warlords being able to take on 2 Yonkous + crew... Seriously?

PS
    Still no post TS Borgard

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    And I hope Lucci and Co just act... After EL I thought they would give no shits about the WG
    World Nobles =/= World Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Five Elder Stars are head of Celestial Dragons, and are apart of them. So like Elder Stars come from the Celestial Dragons. Think of like a Prime Minister, he's a part of Parliament and picked by the majority of Parliament to rule. Except instead of one person, it's five.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    World Nobles =/= World Government.
    Still they are trash even more

There are 2 logical reasons why BM wants (doesn´t care) that the Marines overheard the call:
    (1) they can´t do anything to stop it given the circumstances, as pointed out by Garp
    (2) she wants as many people as possible to know it was her killing Luffy to clean her tarnished sea cred

It´s a power play. What´s also great is that she gives Kaidou a heads up of both Luffy´s plan to wage war with Kaidou and her entering his territory. I wonder if she wants to go alone or bring her army along.
    The Luffy alliance just lost its element of surprise and they´re clear underdogs now, which is great for the story.

BM is a true pirate outside of her tantrums.

I would have expected Big Mom to have a more comfortable chair and it's weird to see her pull her tongue out like that just for talking.

So back in the days the Big Mom and Kaido got along. I guess they can talk about about the good old days like Whitebeard and Shanks did. Anyway I get the impression that she is just teasing when it comes to partnering up.

So who are the Rocks? Considering they talk about a lost captain it seems it was a crew but there is no way Big Mom would ever have accepted to be under someone. Maybe it was a group of independent monsters like the Phantom troops in HxH or the worst Generation right now(they would be the ones that had the most rocks or something).

Maybe the rocks got destroyed by an alliance between Big Mom and Kaido. After destroying them they split up the stones they got from them.The surprising part is that it was 40 years ago. Do we know how old Kaido is? Because even Big Mom would be 28.

I like the guy with the hat talking to Garp. He makes me think old timey detective.

So Stelly really received zero protocol from his predecessor.

I'm still unsure how to take the line about the elder stars.

Goddammit Carlos. You making the celestial dragons look like fools. Thankfully Doffly's cousin was here. I'm glad Otohime had such a positive influence on him. I kind of figured it was his dad that gave the signatures.

Also did Sai almost get Kanokuni destroyed? I would expect him to be more careful.

It seems every celestial have the same level of power over CP0 which I prefer.

I don't like Shanks being that special.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information