+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 622

Thread: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

  1. #541
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The idea someone mentioned earlier about Rox/Rocks/Locks/Lox/Locus/Rawxs being the next movie enemy weirdly is the one that seems the most likely to me.
    Have they done a "Resurrect the Dead" DF yet? Like, Brook's, but for others.

  2. #542

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    They don't even need to use the SH flag since people already know from the news that they are allies. And luffy with 2 yonkous and fujitora after him won't have time to worry or agree with judge's actions in North blue.
    Judge has no way to know that.

    Really, it's obvious Germa will be too weakened to do anything. The Totto Land fleet overwhelmed them.

    Not to mention that now that they aren't part of the WG anymore, they would just become easy pickings for the Marines. Because, as you say, the Marines wouldn't have to worry about Luffy "with 2 Emperors and Fujitora chasing him".
    Last edited by King Cannon; June 11th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

  3. #543

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Judge has no way to know that.

    Really, it's obvious Germa will be too weakened to do anything. The Totto Land fleet overwhelmed them.

    Not to mention that now that they aren't part of the WG anymore, they would just become easy pickings for the Marines. Because, as you say, the Marines wouldn't have to worry about Luffy "with 2 Emperors and Fujitora chasing him".
    But based on that all 5 yonkou allies are easy targets for marines, yet we don't hear about marines capturing them. While the main 10 men crew has too much to deal with, the grand fleet is not there so they can assume they will jump to help or the capone pirates and fishmen allies. And wano could just last 1 day like dressrosa so things can get better for SHs fast.

    The fact that sanji is now known as vinsmoke around the world and is part of the main crew shows the great relation between SH and germa( how world and wg sees it, not how luffy and sanji or judge feel about it).

    About the germa tech. We know the castle is made of many snails that could separate and sail away, the family can fly and we are not sure about all the things normal soldiers have or judge's tech. And with fishmen there it will be hard for Bm pirates or bm herself to do much on water.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; June 11th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

  4. #544

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    But based on that all 5 yonkou allies are easy targets for marines, yet we don't hear about marines capturing them. While the main 10 men crew has too much to deal with, the grand fleet is not there so they can assume they will jump to help or the capone pirates and fishmen allies. And wano could just last 1 day like dressrosa so things can get better for SHs fast.

    The fact that sanji is now known as vinsmoke around the world and is part of the main crew shows the great relation between SH and germa( how world and wg sees it, not how luffy and sanji or judge feel about it).

    About the germa tech. We know the castle is made of many snails that could separate and sail away, the family can fly and we are not sure about all the things normal soldiers have or judge's tech. And with fishmen there it will be hard for Bm pirates or bm herself to do much on water.
    It's better you just stop. We know Judge won't use Luffy's flag to conquer the North Blue. Using the "Luffy will be too busy to care" logic can easily be spun against yourself and is mostly based on reader perspective.

    There's issues of pride, Germa Kingdom's state after Big Mom trounced them (902 shows that the kingdom is heavily damaged), available resources... Big Mom did want their cloning tech, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had acquired it.
    Last edited by King Cannon; June 11th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #545

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Talking about a common theme in this thread about why the kings allow the CDs to do anything, I personally think this is a great representation of imperialism by Oda. The World Government has been built as a huge power through the series, with good sides and bad sides. Besides the discussion of advantages of joining it or fear from not joining, it doesn't seem to me as a "choice" wether your nation gets to be part of it or not, because the field is never levelled in the first place. A single country can't go against a coallition, and the last alliance of countries that opposed them... well, that seemed to have happened 800 years ago.

    I personally love the idea of the empty throne. It seems to be a very mature and reallistic representation of power dynamics in the real world. Instead of a villanous ruler the enemies in One Piece are a whole class of nobles that can do what they want. And it is even shown how this system can be ursuped and turned to worse by an egoistical spoiled brat like Stelly.


    Besides, we must remember that the story we are reading is probably going to be exactly about how the world grows tired of the CDs domination and is helped in a huge worldwide change by the pirate Luffy. We are witnessing the tipping point.

  6. #546

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    It's better you just stop. We know Judge won't use Luffy's flag to conquer the North Blue. Using the "Luffy will be too busy to care" logic can easily be spun against yourself and is mostly based on reader perspective.

    There's issues of pride, Germa Kingdom's state after Big Mom trounced them (902 shows that the kingdom is heavily damaged), available resources... Big Mom did want their cloning tech, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had acquired it.
    What part of '' he doesn't need his flag'' don't you get?

    Explain why luffy would care if judge took over North blue? What is it to him if judge has it or some other guys? Luffy smiles to judge and waves goodbye while thinking he said only good things about sanji last time they saw eachother, and likes his germa suits.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Because Sanji would care. He wouldn't want Germa using his name to conquer things.




    They don't need to use the name. The world knows already they are allies because of sanji's wanted poster and because of luffy becoming 5th emperor events in the news.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; June 11th, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

  7. #547

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    What part of '' he doesn't need his flag'' don't you get?

    Explain why luffy would care if judge took over North blue? What is it to him if judge has it or some other guys? Luffy smiles to judge and waves goodbye while thinking he said only good things about sanji last time they saw eachother, and likes his germa suits.
    Because Sanji would care. He wouldn't want Germa using his name to conquer things.

    But that doesn't really matter. The Germa Kingdom was crumbling last we saw of it. And that was before Big Mom showed up.

  8. #548
    Okashira kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    I CARE!! Where are you Kaku??

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Could the pirate Shanks wants to talk about be Kaidou?? Think about it...

    1) Oden was in the same ship as Shanks, so he must think of him as a crewmate. His execution would have angered Shanks.
    2) Based on the news that Luffy has taken down Doflamingo, and the subsequent failed rescue attempt by Jack, he must know that Kaidou will be targeting Luffy now.
    3) Shanks may also be aware that Kaidou is amassing an army of DF users if he had eyes in the underworld, which I think is fathomable.
    4) Based on the fact that he is occupying Wano, it is possible that he has deduced that Kaidou intends to learn the true history, which is something that he can leverage with WG.

    If all this is true, then the war at Wano can turn out very different than what we are imagining. If WG and Navy get involved, it can be War of the Best 2.0, but with a significantly more involvement of Luffy and Co. I don't want this to happen... but Big mom's involvement in the war is making me uneasy that maybe this will not be a Luffy vs. someone battle... But, I am interested in seeing how Oda intends to take this forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

  9. #549

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Was there any sign or Judge wanting to use Luffy's flag in the first place?

  10. #550
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Was there any sign or Judge wanting to use Luffy's flag in the first place?
    No... There was nothing

  11. #551

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Could the pirate Shanks wants to talk about be Kaidou?? Think about it...

    1) Oden was in the same ship as Shanks, so he must think of him as a crewmate. His execution would have angered Shanks.
    2) Based on the news that Luffy has taken down Doflamingo, and the subsequent failed rescue attempt by Jack, he must know that Kaidou will be targeting Luffy now.
    3) Shanks may also be aware that Kaidou is amassing an army of DF users if he had eyes in the underworld, which I think is fathomable.
    4) Based on the fact that he is occupying Wano, it is possible that he has deduced that Kaidou intends to learn the true history, which is something that he can leverage with WG.

    If all this is true, then the war at Wano can turn out very different than what we are imagining. If WG and Navy get involved, it can be War of the Best 2.0, but with a significantly more involvement of Luffy and Co. I don't want this to happen... but Big mom's involvement in the war is making me uneasy that maybe this will not be a Luffy vs. someone battle... But, I am interested in seeing how Oda intends to take this forward.
    The problem with the Marine acting against Wano is that it will be an invasion. The series so far makes it look like the Marine/the WG holds authority over the whole world, but this chapter reminded us that is not true. Wano is not part of the WG, so the Marine has zero power over it and Sakazuki sending forces there would be an attack against the country's autonomy most likely inviting war against a force they know nothing about (Wano's samurai) on top of Kaido's own army. It may even put the WG on a dangerous place regarding other countries if the WG decides to start invading other countries to help dethroning the current leader.

  12. #552

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    lol Why is it the one piece fandom with the bad comprehension. It was established Lucci will work for the utmost authority which gives him lawful power to kill, period. It's no debate why he obeys Celestial's.

    BTW It's a dang shame that Meme needs to team up with Kaido to take out a rookie. These are suppose to be the four most powerful pirates in one piece world?

    The interest in learning who Meme's and Kaidoh's former crew was is zero after her dismal performance in her own arc.

    It's just bad writing or Emperors are weak.
    Last edited by Screwtape; June 11th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

  13. #553
    Okashira kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    I CARE!! Where are you Kaku??

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The problem with the Marine acting against Wano is that it will be an invasion. The series so far makes it look like the Marine/the WG holds authority over the whole world, but this chapter reminded us that is not true. Wano is not part of the WG, so the Marine has zero power over it and Sakazuki sending forces there would be an attack against the country's autonomy most likely inviting war against a force they know nothing about (Wano's samurai) on top of Kaido's own army. It may even put the WG on a dangerous place regarding other countries if the WG decides to start invading other countries to help dethroning the current leader.
    While I admit that's certainly true, don't you think a pirate occupying a country changes the situation a bit? It's not like Wano is under civil war, in which case there is no doubt that foreign intervention is an invasion and would be understood as such. However, consider that WG was faced with worldwide humiliation due to the incident at Dressrosa, an incident that has parallels with the situation at Wano. If Oda's narrative follows, it's not impossible to see him use this excuse to give WG a motive to take action. In any case, WG has to decide what is more important; to protect the history which Kaidou's invasion of Wano might be taken as a threat to, or to reserve national autonomy of Wano. I myself believe that any threat to the protection of history will be a priority for WG, of course, your alternate stance is valid too.
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

  14. #554
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    But based on that all 5 yonkou allies are easy targets for marines, yet we don't hear about marines capturing them. While the main 10 men crew has too much to deal with, the grand fleet is not there so they can assume they will jump to help or the capone pirates and fishmen allies. And wano could just last 1 day like dressrosa so things can get better for SHs fast.
    The problem with this statement is that the Marines aren't always held at bay just because someone is associated with a Yonko. The Pinkbeard Pirates waited until the stronger Marines left for Reverie before they pillaged Lulusia Kingdom. No matter how much clout the Straw Hats' flag might give Germa, it still carries the expectation that the Straw Hats will come to back up Germa if they're overwhelmed. That expectation cannot last forever and Germa would eventually become exposed since the Straw Hats would never help them. It would be like Usopp's lies about an 8000-member crew backing him up; the Germa might have the crew, but they don't have the backup.

    Even a good threat of a Yonko's interference doesn't always stop the Marines. They were willing to go to war with Whitebeard just because they believed Ace was too dangerous to let live. They're very inclined to interfere with any interaction between the Yonko since a possible alliance between them could tip the balance. I heavily doubt conquering an entire Blue would be something the government would tolerate, so it is absolutely necessary for Luffy's crew to be willing to flex their muscle if Germa wants any chance at making a serious raid on the North Blue.

    And that's not even getting into the fact that most of Luffy's clout is based on Morgans' newspaper report and we still don't really know what the government thinks about it. I would be surprised if they were onboard enough to think that the Straw Hats could go that far. Luffy still hasn't proven a match to the admirals yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    BTW It's a dang shame that Meme needs to team up with Kaido to take out a rookie. These are suppose to be the four most powerful pirates in one piece world?
    Big Mom explicitly said that she would be the one to kill Luffy. Whatever her meeting with Kaido is about, it's not gonna result in a teamup against him.



    Spoiler:

  15. #555
    the reVolutionary flandrian15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A window sill

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The idea someone mentioned earlier about Rox/Rocks/Locks/Lox/Locus/Rawxs being the next movie enemy weirdly is the one that seems the most likely to me.
    I like the Gol D. Rocks prediction

    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

  16. #556

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    lol Why is it the one piece fandom with the bad comprehension. It was established Lucci will work for the utmost authority which gives him lawful power to kill, period. It's no debate why he obeys Celestial's.

    BTW It's a dang shame that Meme needs to team up with Kaido to take out a rookie. These are suppose to be the four most powerful pirates in one piece world?

    The interest in learning who Meme's and Kaidoh's former crew was is zero after her dismal performance in her own arc.

    It's just bad writing or Emperors are weak.
    lol speaking of bad comperhension.

    Its not about them needing to team up to overcome Luffy. Its about them sharing a goal and both wanting the satisfaction of killing Luffy, so they rather team up and share the joy than having to fight each others over it.


  17. #557

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    lol Why is it the one piece fandom with the bad comprehension. It was established Lucci will work for the utmost authority which gives him lawful power to kill, period. It's no debate why he obeys Celestial's.

    BTW It's a dang shame that Meme needs to team up with Kaido to take out a rookie. These are suppose to be the four most powerful pirates in one piece world?

    The interest in learning who Meme's and Kaidoh's former crew was is zero after her dismal performance in her own arc.

    It's just bad writing or Emperors are weak.
    Funny if intentional.

    Even funnier if not.

  18. #558

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    And that's not even getting into the fact that most of Luffy's clout is based on Morgans' newspaper report and we still don't really know what the government thinks about it. I would be surprised if they were onboard enough to think that the Straw Hats could go that far. Luffy still hasn't proven a match to the admirals yet.


    .
    Yeah, but pinkbeard is really not the example when he got 1 shot with a stick by milklady, any marine fodder could proof deadly, you can't really take risks.

    Ace thing could be special case since he is pirate king son. Looks like wg is ok with the yonkou balance thing, they would not risk war with them wihtout a good reason.

    And I think we found out the opinion of WG on his new Bounty. Luffy has surpassed the vice yonkou Bounty by 450 milions. And with the allies WG knows he got( without counting the world's biggest creature zunisha and minks or momo samurais), like germa, capone, former warlords and fishmen, revolutionaries, 5600 men fleet that is at least on par if not better then the allies we know other yonkous have.

    And there is also Stussy that supports Morganz's story.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; June 11th, 2018 at 02:25 PM.

  19. #559

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    So the viz release clarified the gorosei are definitely the older celestial dragons. Good to know
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  20. #560
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Chapter 907: The Empty Throne

    Yep, for anyone wondering, VIZ translated it as "[...] the Five Elders... who are the most high-ranking of Celestial Dragons..."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts