+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Default E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

With E3 coming up in just a few days, I figured we should have a discussion thread. This opening post is pretty useless right now but I (or any other mod) can edit in any useful information regarding schedules, where to watch, etc.

Schedule (thanks Cyan):
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Foolio; June 6th, 2018 at 06:52 PM.

Default Re: E3 2018 Thread

This year's schedule:

Spoiler:

Twitch and YouTube will continue to be the best place to watch. I know I'll be watching the Giant Bomb riff streams.

I had a quick write up of what to expect at the major conferences, let's see if I can find it...

Nintendo on the 13th well shit that's not ominous or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Spoiler:

EA: It's (Not) In the Game

- June 9, 2PM EST
    - Bioware's doing that Anthem game with the robots and the stuff
    - The...I wanna say, eighth Battlefield game, Battlefield V.
    - Sports.
    - Sports.
    - More sports.
    - It's a World Cup year so expect the baffling FIFA trailer to be even more incoherent

Microsoft: The Phil Spencer Blues Explosion
    - June 10, 4PM EST
    - I mean, what exactly is expected?
    - I guess a new Gears of War maybe?
    - A well put-together sizzle reel?
    - Somber, slow, versions of mid-90s pop hits?
    - Really weird trailer presenters?
    - Confirmation that Crackdown 3 was never real?
    - Oh, wait, Red Dead Redemption 2 might get mentioned. That would be cool.

Bethesda: Almost Heaven, West Virginia
    - June 10, 9:30PM EST
    - Fallout 76, obviously.
    - Maybe some new Prey stuff.
    - Possibly maybe probably not new Elder Scrolls stuff.
    - New and inventive places to port Skyrim to
    - Rage 2
    - Hilariously janky mod showcase

Square Enix: Hopefully Simple and Hopefully Clean
    - June 11, 1PM EST
    - Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Tomb Raider
    - Possibly proof that we all didn't collectively hallucinate the FF7 Remake trailer and that's actually happening in the next decade
    - Possibly hints towards Final Fantasy 16

Ubisoft: A Dance Odyssey
    - June 11, 4PM EST
    - A desperate Frenchman will do his best to sell you on whatever new adventures the Rabbids will get up to after they were in an XCOM game
    - Probably going to piss away all the goodwill AssCreed Origins earned
    - Hey remember that Elijah Wood thing? That was certainly a thing that happened.
    - JUST DANCE
    - Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't real
    - Assassin's Creed: It's All Greek To Me
    - Nothing's really going to top Miyamoto w/ arm cannon

Sony: Hideo Kojima and the Half-Dead Fetus
    - June 11, 9PM EST
    - They've already promised a more focused show this year
    - Spider-Man: Arkham City
    - Ghost of Tsushima
    - The Last of Us: Part II: The Revenge
    - Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Joint
    - What new celebrity friend with Kojima put in the trailer this year?

Nintendo: We Have Such Sights to Show You
    - June 12, 12PM EST
    - Smash Pals
    - Various Pokemon games of varying cuteness
    - Metroid Prime 4 theoretically exists
    - Probably more surprising and random stuff getting ported to Switch
    - We're due for a new Fire Emblem
    - There's been rumblings about a new F-Zero
    - The Direct is guaranteed to instill further fear of Reggie into you

Other
    - Shenmue 3 is a thing that's happening, right?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And of course what's an E3 thread without

Ghosts of Tsushima is the only thing we're aware of coming that I have much interest in at the moment. hopefully get more info on that and maybe a release date?

(Well not counting stuff like Dragon Quest 11 which is already set for September and was inished ad released in Japan a while ago.)

I guess I have some interest in Last of Us 2, but if its anything like the first one I feel like I can get basically the complete experience just watching it.

Hopefully something new from That Game Company. Journey was five years ago, and Flower was 10! years ago. Abzu wasn't technically by them even though it had a lot of the same talent... and Sky is just for cell phones. So.... something?

And really crazy pipe dream of course Okami 3. But since that won't happen, an update on Lost Ember would be nice. Kickstarted that thing nearly 2 years ago and while they've had updates they haven't had a lot of actual footage to show and it was originally supposed to be out in March.
    Last edited by Robby; June 6th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.

My hoped-for unexpected bombshell is Dark Cloud 3. Won't happen.

Mainly in it for whatever Bluepoint's next remake is. Assume Horizon 2 and Bloodborne 2. Pretty sure we'll get a R&C teaser. Also wondering if we'll get a teaser for the usual second game Naughty Dog is doing. Probably too soon.

Honestly, at this point, a lot of the kinds of games I really enjoy don't get big showcases at E3, so, hey, whatever.

DMCV and RE2 please.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I hope a coked-out Adam Sessler hosts something again with Morgan Webb, really get that circa-2007 feel going.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

And really crazy pipe dream of course Okami 3. But since that won't happen,
    Goes over there in the same pile as Dragon's Dogma 2, Viewtiful Joe 3, & Darkstalkers 4

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post

- Hey remember that Elijah Wood thing?
    I remember that Shaun White thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Well shit, prerecorded conferences aren't fun.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Well, work's serendipitiously given me Tuesday off so I'll be able to catch the Nintendo insanity live. I'm ready for all the next "u throw ur hat on a frog now ur the frog" moments.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I'm ready for all the next "u throw ur hat on a frog now ur the frog" moments.

Is it too much to hope for info on Dragon Age 4?

And really crazy pipe dream of course Okami 3. But since that won't happen, an update on Lost Ember would be nice. Kickstarted that thing nearly 2 years ago and while they've had updates they haven't had a lot of actual footage to show and it was originally supposed to be out in March.
    Okami never got a proper sequel. I don't count Okamiden since it wasn't about the actual Amaterasu/Okami.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Is it too much to hope for info on Dragon Age 4?
    That's officially unnoficial. But I'd be amazed if Bioware puts any spotlight on it when Anthem is the thing they have to really push this year.

We might get an official announcement and a title but I doubt much more than that.

Okami never got a proper sequel. I don't count Okamiden since it wasn't about the actual Amaterasu/Okami.
    Okamiden took place after the first game, made many direct references to the original, and used many of the same characters and settings, and it's ending tied into Okami's ending and set up for the same thing the original setup. It was a sequel.

It was a downgrade in many, many respects, and didn't move forward the story we *wanted* to see, but it was absolutely a sequel.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Mainly in it for whatever Bluepoint's next remake is. Assume Horizon 2 and Bloodborne 2.
    Is it too soon for Horizon 2? The DLC for part 1 was just last November. I mean, I guess if its announced now for a early 2019 release that'll be a 2 year window since the main game came out which is enough, but it feels like an event franchise with 3 or 4 years between outings. Big open world games done *right* take time. Big open world games done wrong like Assassin's creed are annual. But I guess it was a system pusher so they'll be pressed to go sooner than later.

I dunno, I guess they have all the tech and a roster of monsters in place now so as long as they just iterate and don't reinvent the wheel two years is enough... though I have to imagine BotW will force them to change their climbing method away from the Uncharted style... or at least give Aloy a grapling hook access to flying options or something.

(It'll also be interesting as a progressed plot game, she should start the next game with all her gear... but they'll inevitably do something to break all her loot and put her back to square one tutorial mode which kind of sucks.)

We might get an official announcement and a title but I doubt much more than that.
    It would be nice to get at LEAST that.

I know some people are hoping that Anthem turns out to be a new Mass Effect game in disguise. While I highly doubt it, I think it stupid to shelve the entire ME series because of one bad-ish game. Dragon Age didn't stop with DA2, and look what that got us.
    Last edited by Satsuki; June 6th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

Ok, so I love a multitude of video games, but when it comes to E3 I'm always looking more forward to Nintendo, so as for a want/prediction(ish) list, I'm gonna do a "Nintendo List" and an "Everything Else" list lol.

(Hidden for length.)

Nintendo:
    Hidden:
    Smash Bros: We're getting a lot I know. I fully expect a huge trailer reveal and probably a lot of talking about it in addition to the tournament. We're going to know a LOT about Smash and that's awesome. Hoping we get at least a couple of new characters revealed beyond the Inklings we already know about.

Metroid Prime 4: Just want a real trailer. Don't even care if it's a cinematic teaser. I want to see what the game is going to look like.

Yoshi: Want a full title and release date. Good Feel did amazing with Yoshi's Wooly World and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch Port: This would be super super neat. I already own it so not sure I'll rebuy it, but I know Jessica wants to own it and she doesn't have a PS4, so I'll be able to try this thing out.

Bayonetta 3: Gameplay trailer would be super cool here.

Pikmin 4: This one might be a longshot, but Miyamoto teased this thing back when Pikmin 3 was new, so it's like 3-4 years now. I figure we should know something now and a new system is a good excuse to do this.

Everyone Else:
    Hidden:
    Resident Evil 2 Remake: It's been too damn long. Give us something damnit.

Kingdom Hearts III: Release date? Release Date?! RELEASE DATE!!!!

The Last of Us 2: freaking LOVED the first one. Definitely ready for some more here. Maybe gameplay?

Death Stranding: This one has intreagued me since it's beginning... hoping we actually get a look at what it's really going to be.

Square Enix's Mysterious Avengers Game: They announced this and then.... nothing... haven't heard hide nor hair of this. Want.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Expecting Trailer at the very least.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

For me it's pretty much I hope we get see gameplay of the new Tomb Raider as well gameplay of the Spyro trilogy. Also I hope we get aleast some news about Borderlands 3.

Devil May Cry 5 is pretty much confirmed, with Capcom registering domains for it, as well as warming up to the announcement with the DMC HD re-re-release, and Dante's skin in Monster Hunter World. RE2make also got some domains registered and after 3 years it should have completed the dev cycle. I am somewhat interested in Death Stranding despite not really liking Kojima's and his team works for the past 10 years, but maybe this time they will pull it off (i also believe it will be a stealth game with some parallel dimension shenanigans but whatever).

Hopefully Retro Studios' game is not the rumored "Star Fox Racing spin off", and instead an earned new IP or something very unusual (like an Eternal Darkness or Doshin the Giant). F-Zero seems likely to be announced, with Sega's Toshihiro Nagoshi presence at the Switch presentation in 2017 but without a word since (and his team being the one responsible for GX).

Bayonetta 3 is possible, but Bayo's voice actress Hellena Taylor as of april 2018 said she still wasnt involved in any voice recording so development should still be early on, and at best we may get another cinematic trailer or a very rough gameplay one.

Mother 3 will be discussed anyway so my take is that someone heard there was demand for it and its being discussed, but no consensus will be reached and it will be released in an embarassing botched port sold at full price but digital only.
    Last edited by Yobiyopi; June 7th, 2018 at 03:38 AM.

I want to see pokemon Gen 8 shown....at the very least confirm it for switch.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information