+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Default Re: E3 2018 Thread: Nintendo, You're My Only Hope

Yeah, interesting stuff in this E3, but Cyberpunk 2077 is the only thing really got me this year. Maybe TES VI and Starfield if they fire Emil Pagliarulo.
    No Alien Isolation 2 still hurts my soul.

I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I would have liked a little taste of Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon Gen 8. Overall it was fine, for Smash fans I thought it was great. No more whose in and whose out arguments anymore.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

just realized we didn't hear anything out of Bluepoint

And what the heck is Retro Studios doing? This is the fifth E3 without any sign of them.

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

Because there should always be one, my under-the-radar beautiful indie game pick (technically revealed last year, but the gameplay looks good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOCsZ6NhTA&t=1s

f
    or some reason, I've forgotten how to appropriately embed videos
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

There is actually a video button in the top right of the posting section, (and and image button next to that) but otherwise
    [ video] and [ /video]

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    There is actually a video button in the top right of the posting section, but otherwise
    [ video] and [ /video]
    It used to work for me. Not sure what I'm doing differently. Oh well.

Anyways, thanks for linking the video to this year's game I'll obsess over, play and be mildly disappointed, try and get you to play, and have you play a year later and be mildly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Because there should always be one, my under-the-radar beautiful indie game pick (technically revealed last year, but the gameplay looks good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOCsZ6NhTA&t=1s

f
    or some reason, I've forgotten how to appropriately embed videos
    It only works with youtube links with the format

www.youtube.com/watch?v=(the code of the video)

if you have any other thing like &t=1s (start the video at 1 second) it doesn't work. Or if it's a shortened youtu.be link

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I watched some of the video, and maybe if I'd watched the whole thing I wouldn't sound like an idiot but... what's the actual point of the gameplay? Covering these walls with templated-yet-beautiful art that can come to life is definitely neat, as an interactive experience, and I get that you're supposed to cover areas and light up the bulbs, but... it doesn't seem like so much of a game from what I saw than a pretty little experiment. Is there skill involved? Puzzles? Challenge/exploration? Can you lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Is there skill involved?
    Seems unlikely, except analytical.

Puzzles?
    Yes, different creations act in different ways as well as with different environments, to the point that later puzzles apparently require getting different creations to work together.

Challenge/exploration?
    Probably not to the former, probably yes to the latter.

Can you lose?
    Only by not opening your heart to this game, Foolio.

Ah okay, thanks. It looks neat but it kind of sounds like it probably doesn't appeal to my type of creativity.

Saw Michel Ancel is hoping to have a playable beta for Beyond Good and Evil 2...by the end of next year.

Look, it could very well be great, but we could have had two new Raymans and Wild by then.

With E3 wrapped up for the most part, my must haves for the 2018/2019 Year are:

The Last of Us 2
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Spiderman
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Ghost of Tsushima

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I just hate that TLoU takes Naughty Dog, one of Sony's best, most fun studios, and digs them into this guts-and-mopes crap. I'd trade all that visceral crap (and actual viscera) for anything remotely joyful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    ThE lASt oF Us WaNtS stRAiGhT GEnOciDe
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Why did that feel like a more emo Tomb Raider?
    Honestly, I saw nothing wrong with the Last of Us gameplay trailer. Neil Druckman, the original writer and director for the first game, is also behind this, so I trust him to know where to take his characters and what story needs to be told next.

Druckman stated about two years ago that while the first game was primarily focused on telling a story centered on Love as it's core, the sequel with be centered on the feeling of hate. Think of the Last of Us as the complementary forces of Yin and Yang. The first was Yang, with the theme of familial love (between Joel and Ellie, Ellie and Marlene, Henry and Sam, etc.) as the focal point of the game, as well as the message that there are decent people and light even in the most bleakest of apocalyptic situations. Now it's time for the Yin, best showcased by Ellie's relentless rampage of revenge and her vow to "find and kill every last one of them".
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; June 14th, 2018 at 08:23 AM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

7 months from now the world will be playing KH3.
    Nomura said the ending will be hard to swallow.

i'm scared

The ending is another level of spinoffs.

Every side character, except Kairi, gets one.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Waiting to break the game MrBits's Avatar

The sequel series will no longer take place in Disney worlds. From now on, Kingdom Hearts will be a crossover with Dreamworks. The next game will be about Sora, Donkey, and Puss In Boots, trying to find Shrek.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

i'm scared
    "Gwarsh. I don't feel so good, Sora."

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    "Gwarsh. I don't feel so good, Sora."

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

i'm scared
    Sora is revealed to be an imposter of the real Sora who went off to build his legacy in secret as Midre Ure's version of The Man Who Sold The World plays in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I don't want to like... grade every conference but I'll sum up my thoughts on each one in the order from how much I enjoyed each:

I think Nintendo won but I know I'm biased. They just needed a good showing for Smash for me to declare them the winners. I'm a bit sad we got nothing for Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, or Pikmin. Was hoping for at least one of those, but I'm overall happy with what we got. New Mario Party is actually something I've been wanting for a while on the Switch, and getting one without the BS car mechanic is great.

Microsoft had an excellent 3rd party conference. Absolutely awful XBone conference.
    I mean. Wow. Microsoft has been awful when it comes to exclusives this generation, but they had NOTHING here. Halo Infinity and Gears of War 5 might have been good, but oh, coming out on PC too!

Anyway, a lot of the 3rd party stuff they showed does look good. DMC5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Jump Forces... not sure if I want to give them points for KH3 considering EVERYBODY got a KH3 trailer, but Microsoft WAS first lol.

Sony: Absolutely awful presentation. That 30 minute intermission just so they could show the Last of Us 2 trailer in that church center thing was terrible. The actual trailers and things they showed were amazing however. Spider-Man looks better and better each time I see it, It was amazing finally seeing RE2, and LAST OF US 2!!!! That game looks so amazing.

Bethesda: Bethesda was short sweet and to the point. Not a big elder scrolls or Fallout fan, at least not yet, but Wolfenstein and Doom both look great to me. Also, the Alexa version of Skyrim was hilarious. Is that gonna be the new "Can it run Doom?" joke?

Ubisoft: Assasin's Creed Odyssey looks good to me and I want to play it, nothing else jumped out as a "Must Play" however. I am interested in Beyond Good & Evil 2, Starlink, and Skull & Bones tho. If Skull & Bones has a real single player campaign it might be a must get, but we'll have to see.

Square Enix: Awful. They showed nothing I am interested in except KH2 and Tomb Raider and both of those were also shown off in other conferences. Nothing else interested me and the two actually new things they unveiled weren't existing IPs, just titles... and ONLY titles, no gameplay or anything... how the hell do yo hype a new IP without showing us what it is?!

EA: Hahahahahahahahahahaha

All in all, there were a lot of games that I'm excited for. If I make a handy top 10:

1: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!!!
    2: The Last of Us Part II
    3: Resident Evil 2 Remake
    4: Spider-Man
    5: Kingdom Hearts 3
    6: Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    7: Doom Eternal
    8: Super Mario Party
    9: Wolfenstein: Youngbloods
    10: Devil May Cry 5

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information