+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ultimate Timeline of the Series + Event Map of the Grand Line

Default Re: Ultimate Timeline of the Series + Event Map of the Grand Line

It's crazy to think that half of the series happened in like 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    It's crazy to think that half of the series happened in like 2 months
    I mentioned that in the other thread i think, but there's a possibility that there are a few more months at least between the islands in east blue and drum kingdom.
    thing is, it could just be a mistake on odas part, buuuut:

-ace set out to stop blackbeard after thatch was killed, but there is a flashback of ace showing whitebeard luffys wanted poster prior to this

-luffys poster was published somewhere between arlong park and logue town

-when the strawhats arrive on drum they are told a few months ago blackbeard and his crew wrecked havoc in the kingdom

so if this is right, between arlong park and drum has to be a spot where at least 1-2 months go by.
    I'd say between logue town and arlong park could've been a month, theres a map of east blue of which i dont know if its official, but AP and LT seem far enough away from each other to make this assumption seem logical.
    Spoiler:

To infinity and beyond! lello4ever's Avatar

i agree that one of the weird things about one piece is that everything happens in weeks, not some years, and that sounds awkward with great pirates being there for decades and still unable to achieve 10% of what the crew did. oda could have easily make skips between arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    I mentioned that in the other thread i think, but there's a possibility that there are a few more months at least between the islands in east blue and drum kingdom.
    thing is, it could just be a mistake on odas part, buuuut:

-ace set out to stop blackbeard after thatch was killed, but there is a flashback of ace showing whitebeard luffys wanted poster prior to this

-luffys poster was published somewhere between arlong park and logue town

-when the strawhats arrive on drum they are told a few months ago blackbeard and his crew wrecked havoc in the kingdom

so if this is right, between arlong park and drum has to be a spot where at least 1-2 months go by.
    I'd say between logue town and arlong park could've been a month, theres a map of east blue of which i dont know if its official, but AP and LT seem far enough away from each other to make this assumption seem logical.
    I'd blame it more on a mistake on Oda's part, given that the moon phases indicate otherwise. Unless we're assuming over a month passing, but I find that irrational, as all the small timeskips show that not much time has passed. For example, by the time they arrive at Loguetown Nami is just commenting about her newfound freedom and of course Luffy gets a bounty. By the time they leave Whiskey Peak and arriving Little Garden, Vivi is still getting used to the crew, etc. In each instance not that much time passes by and the moon phases do seem to string together the passing time. I'd just put Ace showing Whitebeard the bounty poster as a mistake (what chapter was that again? Can't recall where it was shown)

that was in 557.

Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    that was in 557.
    Thanks, I'd definitely consider that a plot hole. Even if you don't take into account the specific dates, Ace does look for Blackbeard for a long time, plus the raid at Drum Kingdom having been months ago, so it really doesn't fit that by the end of Arlong Park Teach was still on Whitebeard's crew

They belong to the Natives CongoJack's Avatar

Can't search for specific information in this list, so I might have just missed it - in fact I'm almost sure I must have missed it - but on quick glance I cannot seem to find anything on Gol D. Roger. We at least know of his execution, his prison talk with Garp, some confrontation with Whitebeard, that he reached Raftel, that his wife just didn't want to give birth for months ( one of the, if not THE, weirdest things in OP, to this day ) etc pp....don't we?

I'm sure I must have just missed it as the list is so extensive - very well done, mate. Reminds me of another timeline on, was it grandline.com or something? But that was like at least 8 years ago by now, possibly even more. And didn't that site have something to do with stephen or Greg? It was compiled around the time you could see Battle_Franky being the admin around here; I wonder what happened to him.

Minor things I noticed, as everyone is a critic as I'm sure you know: Blue and purple color is displayed very similar depending on your monitor settings, with any other color the difference would be more instantly recognizable. And me personally would like a calendar system similar to what is in the manga on top of the dates you provided. So you could not only instantly see the dates like you provided here, but also the 'how long ago?' at one glance. I feel that metric is the more important one in the context of this story, as literally everything is 'xy years ago'. Even a simple 'x centuries ago' written on the side would suffice for the intended purpose I reckon, it would not have to go into more detail than the inclusion of 'x centuries ago'. The way it is I find myself contantly subtracting the dates given from 1524 to know how long ago the event took place.

Still, amazing job, thanks for sacrificing your time and putting in so much effort! I do not even want to think about what it took to get all the small thumbnails in there.
    Last edited by CongoJack; May 23rd, 2018 at 05:47 AM.
    building Theme Parks with Blackjack and Hookers since 2002 - still forgetting the Blackjack.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information