+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 495

Thread: Chapter 902: End Roll

  1. #221

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Except Reiju. I don't get it why she still stays with them and doesn't leave.
    Could be as simple as Judge ordering her to never do something like that.

  2. #222

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Great chapter, the next ones will be even better.

    Ceasar wasn't in it so he most likely escaped. Still curious about the real reason he's been dragged this far, his role in this arc wasn't essential and could've easily been replaced.

    Germa not escaping is very interesting. It's true that Jinbe and the fishmen can technically just escape underwater but it will not happen because of plot reasons. I mean they will probably swim away, but something else must happen that justifies the big deal about their sacrifice. The only thing we can assume is that it will be something big enough to make also the Germa escape, but I cannot think about anything else other than the WG invading Totto Land and that's too unlikely. Maybe it will be something that will be hinted about in Reverie Arc.
    Unless something like chapter 900 happens again. Maybe their entire kingdom can really transform into a giant mecha or maybe it just can go underwater. Or maybe they don't escape at all and will be saved only when Luffy fights BM again, Luffy meeting Jinbe in chains like the first time they met in Impel Down could make a great moment. But Luffy said to meet him in Wano and BM would want to kill them anyway so that's unlikely too.

    The last scene with Zeff was my favourite but it also reminded me how Oda forgot about Big Mom threating to kill him. Maybe he can somehow come up with a logical reason for that later in the future but I'm not too optimistic about it.

    The only other thing I didn't like much in the chapter, is that it looks like BM can't chase the Strawhats outside of her territory. I couldn't come up with any solid reason for that, but then I remembered this:
    Spoiler:

    Based on that scheme, exiting a yonko territory could also mean entering into another one. And I can see why BM wouldn't want to trespass another yonko's territory.
    If that's the case I wish this was explicitly stated somewhere because it would mean this was a huge factor in the escape (or maybe it was explicitly stated and I don't remember it).
    Last edited by Hedron; April 20th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.

  3. #223

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    Katakuri let Luffy win. Thats not a defeat. How many proof do you need? Deal with it.
    "You fell backwards on purpose, didn't you?" is not the same as "You lost on purpose, didn't you?". You really fucking suck at reading comprehension, as shown in the spoiler thread. If you reread chapter 896, the panel showed that he WAS about to fall forward but stepped the ground to stop and then fall backwards instead. If Katakuri indeed won, Brulee wouldn't have cried "THAT STRAW HAT BEAT OUR BIG BROTHER KATAKURI!!!" a couple chapters earlier. I suggest try to actually get better at English so you have less issues in reading obvious lines from a comic book targeted for young boys.

    Luffy won, Katakuri lost. There is no proof that says otherwise. Deal with it.
    Last edited by All Fiction; April 20th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.


  4. #224

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    What is bullshit here, man? Every work of art is subjected to interpretation and I'm pretty sure mine makes a lot of sense for many different reasons, some more explicit, others more thematic, others more visually inducing.
    Does it? I mean, can you really say what my interpretation on the following pages I linked does not make sense?
    Since you're brazilian, I will remind of Dom Casmurro, a book that half the readers believes that Capitu was betraying Bentinho and the other half thinks that she wasn't.
    Nobody is wrong/bullshitting as long as there's consistent evidence for both interpretations.
    Unlike Dom Casmurro, we have actual evidence what really transpired in One Piece and I just explained them.

  5. #225

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedron View Post
    Great chapter, the next ones will be even better.

    Ceasar wasn't in it so he most likely escaped. Still curious about the real reason he's been dragged this far, his role in this arc wasn't essential and could've easily been replaced.

    Germa not escaping is very interesting. It's true that Jinbe and the fishmen can technically just escape underwater but it will not happen because of plot reasons. I mean they will probably swim away, but something else must happen that justifies the big deal of their sacrifice. The only thing we can assume is that it will be something big enough to make also the Germa escape, but I cann't think about anything else other than the WG invading Totto Land and that's too unlikely. Maybe it will be something that will be hinted about in Reverie Arc.
    Unless something like chapter 900 happens again. Or maybe they don't escape at all and will be saved only when Luffy fights BM again, Luffy meeting Jinbe in chains like the first time they met in Impel Down could make a great moment. But Luffy said to meet him in Wano so that's unlikely too.

    The last scene with Zeff was my favourite but it also reminded me how Oda forgot about Big Mom threating to kill him. Maybe he can somehow come up with a logical reason for that later in the future but I'm not too optimistic about it.

    The only other thing I didn't like much in the chapter, is that it looks like BM can't chase the Strawhats outside of her territory. I couldn't come up with any solid reason for that, but then I remembered this:

    Based on that, exiting a yonko territory could also mean entering into another one. And I can see why BM wouldn't want to trespass another yonko's territory.
    If that's the case I wish this was explicitly stated somewhere because it would mean this was a huge factor in the escape (or maybe it was explicitly statad and I don't remember it).
    the strawhats are safe outside of the territory because without sea snails underwater to tell the BM pirates where they are, the starwhats are untraceable, much like any ship in open sea...once you lose visual contact, they are gone.

  6. #226
    Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    It ain't Texas, nope, not Texas.

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Pretty abrupt end but I do like the bittersweet nature of it. Again this was just a rescue mission after all, that objective was achieved so that's that. Would I have like some other stuff to happen, yeah. But overall the crew can say they survived a Yonko and with Morgans likewise heads away from the island, let's just say the jubilation of Big Mom back to normal is going to be short lived when they become a laughing stock. I do like the character development for Katakuri and Brulee though. Bru actually looked pretty cute as a kid and Katakuri defending her back then. C'mon Oda, you already had me liking the character before. =P. Still glad this chase is over (I think, I hope...please?). Just where do we go from here now.

    Does beg the question, does Nami still have Zeus though. Because if she does, this...could like lead to problems down the line
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.


  7. #227

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedron View Post
    The only other thing I didn't like much in the chapter, is that it looks like BM can't chase the Strawhats outside of her territory. I couldn't come up with any solid reason for that, but then I remembered this:

    Based on that, exiting a yonko territory could also mean entering into another one. And I can see why BM wouldn't want to trespass another yonko's territory.
    If that's the case I wish this was explicitly stated somewhere because it would mean this was a huge factor in the escape (or maybe it was explicitly statad and I don't remember it).
    That's a good point, but I'd add that it's difficult to track a ship in the middle of the ocean. They could find Sunny before (after the tsunami) because they had sufficient information about the Strawhat's destiny (Cocoa Island) and their original whereabouts.

  8. #228

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Not too much to say really. It was pretty lackluster imo. However, I do like the final two page spead at the end. Now with that said, I'm very happy that THIS ARC IS FINALLY FREAKING OVER!! THANK. GOD!!

    Now we can move on to Wano so I can see my dear Robin!!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/5/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)


  9. #229

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Uh, that bunny girl surely knows how to make one feel good "It's not your fault.. If he hadn't sacrified himself we all would have died" ... Good job!
    And in a way my hunch was right, Pudding erased herself from him... Though I wonder if she will keep his memories somewhere safe and eventually returns them to him one day... She doesn't seem able/willing to dispose them. In a way I feel a little sorry for her..

    So, what comes next? In one statement last year Oda mentioned Wano wouldn't come in for the next two years....

  10. #230

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
    Uh, that bunny girl surely knows how to make one feel good "It's not your fault.. If he hadn't sacrified himself we all would have died" ... Good job!
    And in a way my hunch was right, Pudding erased herself from him... Though I wonder if she will keep his memories somewhere safe and eventually returns them to him one day... She doesn't seem able/willing to dispose them. In a way I feel a little sorry for her..

    So, what comes next? In one statement last year Oda mentioned Wano wouldn't come in for the next two years....
    She only erased the kiss, not her entire existence.

  11. #231

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Where would she go? Anyways, wouldn't be surprised if Judge ordered her to never leave them or something.
    Do her own thing, just liek sanji and not what judge tells her ?

    He messed with the boys head, but she is fine. She is too scared of judge and boys, so much that she doesn't even dare to say anythign to them and pretends to laugh at sanji.

  12. #232

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    the strawhats are safe outside of the territory because without sea snails underwater to tell the BM pirates where they are, the starwhats are untraceable, much like any ship in open sea...once you lose visual contact, they are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    That's a good point, but I'd add that it's difficult to track a ship in the middle of the ocean. They could find Sunny before (after the tsunami) because they had sufficient information about the Strawhat's destiny (Cocoa Island) and their original whereabouts.
    Oh, you're right, I didn't think about that!

  13. #233

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Does it? I mean, can you really say what my interpretation on the following pages I linked does not make sense?
    Am I saying that? My whole post was about how both makes sense.

    Unlike Dom Casmurro, we have actual evidence what really transpired in One Piece and I just explained them.
    lol

  14. #234

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Do her own thing, just liek sanji and not what judge tells her ?

    He messed with the boys head, but she is fine. She is too scared of judge and boys, so much that she doesn't even dare to say anythign to them and pretends to laugh at sanji.
    What? No, she's literally forced to obey his orders just like her brothers.

  15. #235

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    They do not. Katakuri didn't lose on purpose and the fact he somehow respects Luffy does not backs the argument that he let him go.

    There is no reason why things would be ambiguous and left for interpretation in this manga like a literaly romance.

  16. #236

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedron View Post
    Oh, you're right, I didn't think about that!
    Now that I think about it, how did they found the Swirlyhats in the first place?

  17. #237

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I am through and through a "Katakuri won that fight" guy, but I disagree. Like he puts in this chapter, falling on his back never had the actual weight he always pretended to have. He had been on his back before, maybe not in fights, not forced by an enemy, but on his own because he was relaxing. But still, that is enough to show that in his eyes falling on his back didn't have this significance at all.

    Choosing to fall on his back instead of on his front (not choosing to fall instead of standing, just how to fall) simply means he took that moment to make clear that Luffy was the winner in his eyes (not mine) and/or that he was done with the farse of the perfect brother. He acknowledged defeat, to Katakuri himself falling on his back was not required for that, but he fell on it anyways to show to everyone else he was defeated.



    That said, with so many things going on on this chapter, I seriously hope this thread will not be wasted on a discussion of who won that fight again.
    "but he fell on it anyways to show to everyone else he was defeated" i found this a contradiction. If your intention is to fall even if it's "draw" or a "defeat" is not a real defeat in terms of "fighting" because your opponent is forcing himself to do that, it's not Luffy who did "directly" that to him. Katakuri was not K.O after the final blow. There is an intention of acting like that. Imagine in a boxing match your opponent falls because he doesn't want to fight anymore. Has that person won the fight? In the eyes of the judges and public yeah, and in the terms of the combat itself also, but in the eyes of yourself and your opponent not. You let the other one to have that chance. Katakuri gave the chance to Luffy to escape and defeat Big Mom in the future, he wants to see that. That's why he choosed to fall backwards. But it's not his defeat. He just wanted to prove that he is not perfect.

    If Katakuri didn't wanted to see that "future" and if Luffy was another kind of pirate (a cruel pirate and a dangerous one with killing instincts) he would have defeated him the moment he woke up.

  18. #238
    二兎を追う者は一兎も得ず SuburbanErrorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Japan

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Makes this scene so much more powerful;

    Last edited by SuburbanErrorist; April 20th, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

  19. #239

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Just stop trying to argue with the people who are suggesting Katakuri lost on purpose. It is obvious what happened with both translations available (jaiminis and ms), so if it isn’t clear at this point, don’t bother. Discuss if Pedro is dead instead.

  20. #240

    Default Re: Chapter 902: End Roll

    Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    "but he fell on it anyways to show to everyone else he was defeated" i found this a contradiction. If your intention is to fall even if it's "draw" or a "defeat" is not a real defeat in terms of "fighting" because your opponent is forcing himself to do that, it's not Luffy who did "directly" that to him. Katakuri was not K.O after the final blow. There is an intention of acting like that. Imagine in a boxing match your opponent falls because he doesn't want to fight anymore. Has that person won the fight? In the eyes of the judges and public yeah, and in the terms of the combat itself also, but in the eyes of yourself and your opponent not. You let the other one to have that chance. Katakuri gave the chance to Luffy to escape and defeat Big Mom in the future, he wants to see that. That's why he choosed to fall backwards. But it's not his defeat. He just wanted to prove that he is not perfect.

    If Katakuri didn't wanted to see that "future" and if Luffy was another kind of pirate (a cruel pirate and a dangerous one with killing instincts) he would have defeated him the moment he woke up.
    Nope. He didn't wanted to lose. But had no strenght to continue it. In the end he could only choose to fall foward or backward and in the end it was backward.

    Why? It doesn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts